2022 5* QB Gunner Stockton (1/28 UGA)

ellitor

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

If you had done the "I don't know who needs to hear this, but" thing, the answer would have been Loof. This is what I needed to hear. Good looking out, fam. 

perspective-yea-its-pretty-damn-importan

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

If you're a QB, the last place I would go is UGA.  Kirby is freaking awful with offense

I wouldn’t go that far. Hard to turn down UGA when you’re in their back yard imo

27 minutes ago, Beaker said:

One yr in college I was doing light construction in the summer and we were doing some work at this fancy house and found it was a lawyer's home (UF alum).   He just happened to also employ Emmit Smith's mom who had not worked in a legal office before...  If you remember Emmit did not want to go to UF because they had turf and had committed to Auburn because how we used Bo in the I and we have/ had grass .

Fred Levin?  He died of COVID a couple of weeks ago. 

1 minute ago, woodford said:

I wouldn’t go that far. Hard to turn down UGA when you’re in their back yard imo

And he has deep relationships with a lot of the players and coaches that are there.

2 minutes ago, woodford said:

Is it, though? Does anyone do less with more talent than Kirby?

I mean, Gus maybe, but he’s gone now.

2 minutes ago, woodford said:

IMO, one of the stud UGA QBs will transfer in the next 2-3 years

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I have so many question but I will 100% not be asking a single one of them for fear of prosecution. 

Some people are just less worried about what's in their browser history than others.

1 minute ago, AUDevil said:

Some people are just less worried about what's in their browser history than others.

I searched under a trouble student's account, so he'll be in for a surprise when the school's IT talks to him. 😂

4 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Fair enough.

Personally, I don't know where you draw the line between "They're just actresses, they're obviously not really related" and "That's considered old enough... in Thailand", but I don't want to cross it. 

15 minutes ago, WarDamnDoc said:

Is it, though? Does anyone do less with more talent than Kirby?

I mean, Gus maybe, but he’s gone now.

True but at the rate they’re hitting on highly rated recruits they’re bound to hit on a game changing QB at some point.

• ellitor changed the title to 2022 5* QB Gunner Stockton (1/28 UGA)
21 minutes ago, gctiger said:

Fred Levin?  He died of COVID a couple of weeks ago. 

That name sounds right, but I can't be sure.   Nice enough person and it was like in '85, so it's been a while.   It was on a little bayou off Pensacola bay

We can pretty much assume Stockton's close relationship with Bobo wasn't as close as his relationship with UGA staff.  

Oh well, moving along to the next stud QB.

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Gunner probably was a long shot, but surprising he went to UGA so quickly.  We need some momentum and have none.  not the most ideal start.

Auburn's a complete and total unknown right now with a lot of the staff no one knows yet.  HCHarsin has an uphill battle and it's going to take some time to get in the trenches.  This staff also has to prove their worth on the field vs SEC competition before some of the studs will just take them at their word and base their college career on the unknown.

17 minutes ago, keesler said:

Auburn's a complete and total unknown right now with a lot of the staff no one knows yet.  HCHarsin has an uphill battle and it's going to take some time to get in the trenches.  This staff also has to prove their worth on the field vs SEC competition before some of the studs will just take them at their word and base their college career on the unknown.

To say we're a total unknown is a bit of a stretch.  We are South Carolina or Vandy.  Everyone in the SE knows who we are.

Most recently hired have gotten an excitement boost in recruiting.  Even coordinators hired to HC.  BSU isn't a completely unknown and neither his Harsin.  I'm a bit surprised by it.  Maybe its b/c of covid, idk...

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Maybe its b/c of covid, idk...

Very good point. Almost have to put an asterisk next to every unusual development in the sports world the last ~9 months. 

5 hours ago, AUDevil said:

There are very very few insiders right now in Auburn.  I don’t believe any of them.

@AUDevilWe have some real insiders that are good. That doesn't mean the info they are given at any point in time will pan out in the end even if it was true at one time.  Also with recruiting info can be purposely given to sources that is false to build suspense. That's just how it goes. Also as fans we look at things through AU lenses and not even realize it. For example, when I pass on info it may only be from an AU perspective which quite often may not be the whole picture.

4 hours ago, W.E.D said:

We need to be passing out some Willie's Wings & Stuff bags.  And that stuff needs to be cash.  

#VooDoo wings are better.

57 minutes ago, keesler said:

We can pretty much assume Stockton's close relationship with Bobo wasn't as close as his relationship with UGA staff.  

Wrong. He just feels like their staff situation is more stable & feels like he can have better success there as of now. That may not be true in the long run but nobody can fault him for that perspective at this time.

23 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

To say we're a total unknown is a bit of a stretch.  We are South Carolina or Vandy.  Everyone in the SE knows who we are.

Most recently hired have gotten an excitement boost in recruiting.  Even coordinators hired to HC.  BSU isn't a completely unknown and neither his Harsin.  I'm a bit surprised by it.  Maybe its b/c of covid, idk...

I'm talking big time 4-5* recruits man.  Those guys don't know what to expect out of the new coaches at all.  And those studs want to know who their working with, how competitive the team will be, how much development and how productive the product will translate to the field as well as how the coaches will prepare them for the NFL.  Those 5*s will be looking for stability and a sure thing to prep them for the pro's.

I that vein, Auburn has a whole new and unproven operation.  That type recruit wants a guaranteed track record before they sign and right now Auburn has to prove we belong in the same landscape as UGA/LSU/UAT/UF/aTm/Clemson so that we can go head to head and win those 5* battles.

2 hours ago, Beaker said:

That name sounds right, but I can't be sure.   Nice enough person and it was like in '85, so it's been a while.   It was on a little bayou off Pensacola bay

He lived on Bayou Texar.  He was a Fortune 100 attorney and litigated what was at the time the largest personal injury lawsuit settlement at the time back in the 80’s.  

2 hours ago, Beaker said:

Bayou Tejar. Opposed Fred many times in court but he was a solid guy and had great cookouts. Made his money in business dealings, not law so much. The Emmitt memory's a little off, he didnt commit and had everybody guessing-walked in on signing day wearing Auburn stuff and took it off revealing Gators. He regrets dissing us for UF, still holds grudge for racist threats from UF fans when he left after 3. Went so far as to say if he'd gone to Auburn he and we would have won a natl title. Didn't even mention UF in his HOF induction. 

Archived