2022 5* QB Gunner Stockton (1/28 UGA)

ellitor

6 minutes ago, Zeek said:

McDonalds bags are getting slung around

We need to be passing out some Willie's Wings & Stuff bags.  And that stuff needs to be cash.  

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

We need to be passing out some Willie's Wings & Stuff bags.  And that stuff needs to be cash.  

Yeah the flip of confidence on this kid is wild. We need to start playing ball honestly. If it's what everyone else is doing and the NCAA won't touch them it's literally the only way we could start winning some of these battles. It disgusts me but my lord.

Yeah, this is getting ugly. I know we have a brand new staff, but we should be able to at least pull a win where we have such a solid connection to the prospect. We need some momentum.

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Yeah the flip of confidence on this kid is wild. We need to start playing ball honestly. If it's what everyone else is doing and the NCAA won't touch them it's literally the only way we could start winning some of these battles. It disgusts me but my lord.

To be entirely honest, one reason that I wanted to see a few big-time names in the coaching searches was because I wanted some coaches who know how things get done. I like playing a clean game, but if everyone in "the big leagues" is paying parents to "house sit" in town for four years and providing payment-optional car loans to kids, how do you compete with that?

I’m sure they paid him (who doesn’t?) but if you’re a a QB, UGA is a no brainer at the moment. CBH still needs to prove himself. 

I don’t blame the kid at all. 

If we couldn’t land this kid, then you can forget about this staff recruiting against UGA. This should have been a lock with Bobo’s connection with this kid’s family.

HUGE miss!

1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

I’m just saying from things you and others have said a couple of weeks ago. I take “a reporter with Georgia ties thinks uga is long shot to beat us for gunner” to mean that AU is the heavy favorite. So if that was misinformation, fair enough.

@Maverick.AU that was from Chad Simmons. Most things he says should be taken with a grain of salt if they aren’t backed up by Auburn recruiting reporters.

I love Auburn but it blows my mind that so many here seem to think that UGA and Alabama beat us for recruits because they’re cheating better than we are. As a top recruit, why would you not choose UGA over Auburn? 

*at this point in time

4 minutes ago, woodford said:

I’m sure they paid him (who doesn’t?) but if you’re a a QB, UGA is a no brainer at the moment. CBH still needs to prove himself. 

I don’t blame the kid at all. 

If you're a QB, the last place I would go is UGA.  Kirby is freaking awful with offense

ok,  my source told me, Harsin offered the kid personally and when he did he also offered him a couple of ski passes  and tried to talk snowboarding with him.  

I think Harsin has a ways to go on the recruiting front.  

Seriously,  I suspect GS looked at Bo and knows he isn't NFL ready and probably won't be leaving early.  DD just got Texas player of the year where there is like 850,000 prep football players.  GS would be fighting DD for playing time just when DD is hitting his stride at Auburn.

I wish GS had just stayed at SC now or let him go to Clemson. 

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

If you're a QB, the last place I would go is UGA.  Kirby is freaking awful with offense

which is good for Auburn, I would rather GS be there than LSU or with the turds

For what it’s worth Georgia was likely always going to win this battle anyway. Even if Bobo had stayed at South Carolina Stockton was planning on documenting from SCe and flipping to Georgia.

9 minutes ago, Beaker said:

ok,  my source told me, Harsin offered the kid personally and when he did he also offered him a couple of ski passes  and tried to talk snowboarding with him.  

Seriously,  I suspect GS looked at Bo and knows he isn't NFL ready and probably won't be leaving early.  DD just got Texas player of the year where there is like 850,000 prep football players.  GS would be fighting DD for playing time just when DD is hitting his stride at Auburn.

He will be fighting Vanda Griff at Uga

everybody-panic.gif

Some of y'all are so jilted from Gus.  These post are like a lot of the reactions after Rocker left. Guess what, our coach made an even better hire. Maybe some of y'all need to pump the breaks a lot. 

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

everybody-panic.gif

Some of y'all are so jilted from Gus.  These post are like a lot of the reactions after Rocker left. Guess what, our coach made an even better hire. Maybe some of y'all need to pump the breaks a lot. 

haha i'm absolutely mostly with you and 99/100, I would be the guy making this post.  It just feels like time we could use a win in the recruiting arena for momentum's sake.  not saying anything is world changing and my comments aren't triggered by Stockton, but we DO need to win some here for the sake of getting the ball rolling.

17 minutes ago, Dunndone414 said:

I love Auburn but it blows my mind that so many here seem to think that UGA and Alabama beat us for recruits because they’re cheating better than we are. As a top recruit, why would you not choose UGA over Auburn? 

*at this point in time

I've been following recruiting since the mid 90's. Alabama absolutely "cheats better than us". There is no reason to believe that they have stopped just because they have had a good bit of on-field success lately. I think that Kirby and Pruitt probably both learned how to excel at buying players while at UAt.

Heck, sometimes it's creative enough to be right out in the open, like when Trent Richardson's mom, who really wanted to be in town during is college years, found a job.. getting paid... to "house sit" in Tuscaloosa while Trent was there.

1 minute ago, AUMicBK said:

haha i'm absolutely mostly with you and 99/100, I would be the guy making this post.  It just feels like time we could use a win in the recruiting arena for momentum's sake.  not saying anything is world changing and my comments aren't triggered by Stockton, but we DO need to win some here for the sake of getting the ball rolling.

We do, your right. That said, building the foundation is more important than getting a player 2 years out.  We have really good/great recruiters. They didn't forget how when the signed on at AU. If people give it some time they will be  happy with the foundation and the results it produces.

IMO, the '21 class is pretty much shot.  Well sign a few more from the HS ranks and fill in a few needs post-spring with some GTransfers. After we've established relationships with the coaches and players, we'll load up and backfill in '22.

25 minutes ago, Beaker said:

On you last part it really doesn't make sense considering UGA has a string of QBs rated higher than DD

22 minutes ago, AUinfusion said:

Heck, sometimes it's creative enough to be right out in the open, like when Trent Richardson's mom, who really wanted to be in town during is college years, found a job.. getting paid... to "house sit" in Tuscaloosa while Trent was there.

One yr in college I was doing light construction in the summer and we were doing some work at this fancy house and found it was a lawyer's home (UF alum).   He just happened to also employ Emmit Smith's mom who had not worked in a legal office before...  If you remember Emmit did not want to go to UF because they had turf and had committed to Auburn because how we used Bo in the I and we have/ had grass .

10 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Hi. Here I am again to remind you that I hate UGA more than anything that’s ever existed. 

You are my friend.

We're friends, you and me. 

12 minutes ago, bigbird said:

That said, building the foundation is more important than getting a player 2 years out.

If you had done the "I don't know who needs to hear this, but" thing, the answer would have been Loof. This is what I needed to hear. Good looking out, fam. 

15 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

On you last part it really doesn't make sense considering UGA has a string of QBs rated higher than DD

gotcha, but are they dual threat?   I think he is looking at DD's skill set - all of it.

I have no idea, but I am thinking he feels he can compete against the thuga depth chart better than he can compete against DD. 

If you see DD's latest video where he won TX player of the year - that would scare a way even Tebow I imagine.  

Archived