2021 3* RB Jarquez Hunter Signs With AU!

Zeek

I heard someone compare J Hunter to Boobie Whitlow.....

No way - Hunter is so much stronger.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

@LKEEL75 I oughta ban you for that gif.

I gotta admit I did throw up in my mouth a tiny bit when I saw the gif!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Beaker said:

If listening to that , I'd be thinking of...

waterboy-stupid.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Good insight. Thanks for that additional info.

I'm always looking for the next Kenny Irons. Maybe he could be that kind of guy. KI wasn't physically dominating, either, but he just had that crazy toughness and leg drive and somehow became one of our most talented backs of the last 20 years. 

Similar build with this guy, I believe. 

One of the toughest RB's I've ever seen.  That 2005 LSU game is one of the greatest games by any Auburn RB, regardless of the fact we lost.  He carried the offense.  Kenny's 70 yards against LSU in 2006, for the win, was arguably the toughest, and most important 70 yards ever gained.  The hitting in that game was unmatched.  I was sore just from watching. lol. Love, love, love Kenny Irons.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Man, KI was one of my all time favorites.

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

@bigbird, set an extra place at the table. 

easy-a-emma-stone.gif

I can't think of a single back that we've had that hit the hole harder than KI or able to get North and South as quickly.  Loved his attitude, drive, and physicality. He just ran angry as hell.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Beaker said:

Stronger based on what? Boobee wasn’t a weak guy

5 hours ago, Beaker said:

I don’t know about that

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

easy-a-emma-stone.gif

I can't think of a single back that we've had that hit the hole harder than KI or able to get North and South as quickly.  Loved his attitude, drive, and physicality. He just ran angry as hell.

Tommy Agee. Maybe.

16 hours ago, Sizzle said:

16 hours ago, Sizzle said:

We are thinking of Boobie in his last year.  Straight up Boobie's first yr vs Hunter's first yr- this kid  is stronger I think.     Give Hunter the same time and conditioning.... I am just saying this kid is a sleeper and will far exceed what people expect out of a late offer and 3*.  

Edited by Beaker

Boobie was bigger for sure with probably a little more power, but Hunter is much faster I think. Not sure JH has the whole package like Tank but will certainly be a quality backup.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

'kay

Love Agee. If memory serves, he had the first 200 yard game in 1983 ahead of Bo & Little Train when he put up 219 against Maryland. But his running style was not similar to Irons.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Love Agee. If memory serves, he had the first 200 yard game in 1983 ahead of Bo & Little Train when he put up 219 against Maryland. But his running style was not similar to Irons.

Right. He played fullback in the wish bone. All 3 went over 100 in that game. Beat Boomer Esiason and number 7 Maryland.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Maryland ran a "wide tackle 6" defense which left the middle wide open.   They had no D linemen on either side until outside our guards and no linebacker in the middle. Sitting in the end zone, it was incredible to watch them not adjust.

That was our homecoming game... when scheduled, Maryland probably wasn't expected to provide much of a fight...

• Like 2

• ellitor unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
On 2/6/2021 at 9:55 PM, SumterAubie said:

Right. He played fullback in the wish bone. All 3 went over 100 in that game. Beat Boomer Esiason and number 7 Maryland.

The back that could get north/south in a hurry was Brent Fullwood. It maybe the reason he averaged 7.2 yards per carry for his Auburn career. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Love hearing about players who have the work ethic prior to getting to college. That is one of the best indicators of success if you ask me. Gotta have the talent but work ethic is just as important. Hopefully these type of guys become the theme under Harsin. He likes to preach that "hard work" line in the creed so i think he is out looking for some gym rat types that just live and breath ball 24x7

• Like 3
  • Love 1

42 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Love hearing about players who have the work ethic prior to getting to college. That is one of the best indicators of success if you ask me. Gotta have the talent but work ethic is just as important. Hopefully these type of guys become the theme under Harsin. He likes to preach that "hard work" line in the creed so i think he is out looking for some gym rat types that just live and breath ball 24x7

If you’re not getting a bunch of five star guys then these type players are the next best thing!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, toddc said:

If you’re not getting a bunch of five star guys then these type players are the next best thing!

You start by getting these guys and then once you have some success you start bringing in the 5 stars that also have the great work ethic!!

On a side tangent i'm trying not to focus so much on stars this particular year and especially before late summer and next fall gets here. I expect to see a lot more movement in rankings this year when compared to the past because there have been so few opportunities to see these guys play ball. A LOT can change in a year or 2 for kids this age. 

• Like 1

Broke Marcus Dupree s record? Wow. Impressive. Can't wait to get him into the backfield. 

Also why wasn't he recruited by more schools?

Edited by Randman5000

1 hour ago, Randman5000 said:

Broke Marcus Dupree s record? Wow. Impressive. Can't wait to get him into the backfield. 

Also why wasn't he recruited by more schools?

Pandemic messed everything up plus he’s from Mississippi. Mississippi guys usually don’t get recruited too hard