2021 4* RB Byron Cardwell (Oregon 1/25)

Zeek

Picked up a late Auburn offer. No real intel on interest but he's from San Diego, CA with a good offer list.

Would be an awesome steal this late in the process.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be happy with a MelGore type running back on the roster. If you want to see something interesting, click on the college team profiles on his profile and look at the group 247 has listed at the RB position for AU.

Big time offers. May be a long shot coming in so late unless CBH has some connections. Let's hope he and Caddy show their magic.

10 minutes ago, autan said:

Big time offers. May be a long shot coming in so late unless CBH has some connections. Let's hope he and Caddy show their magic.

Yeah. these RB offers are late, not of Harsin's fault, just bc we lost most of our RBs to portal and we are having to scrounge. And coming in late, unless a RB is not satisfied with who he is left with will probably be the only reason we sign some of these late signees. 

It would be nice...but won't be surprised if we come in second.

I know he is rated higher, but that Jarquez kid seems to have more skills (to me).   

The competition Byron played against seemed slow or less than enthusiastic to be playing.

• ellitor changed the title to 2021 4* RB Byron Cardwell (Commit Watch 1/25)
2 hours ago, fredst said:

@ellitor: do we have a real shot and serious interest with this guy? He looks all west coast to me....Maybe he can be our Najee Harris, lol

When I looked him up a week or so ago I saw Georgia was after him. Im not sure how much interest he has in moving East but I figured Harsin knew who he was and imagined he made contact at some point to gauge interest while at Boise.

20 hours ago, fredst said:

@ellitor: do we have a real shot and serious interest with this guy? He looks all west coast to me....Maybe he can be our Najee Harris, lol

@fredst serious interest yes. Real shot I don’t know. Keith says we’re in a group with all the teams listed as warm or warmer on his 247 profile.

12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@fredst serious interest yes. Will shot I don’t know. Keith says we’re in a group with all the teams listed as warm or warmer on his 247 profile.

So have we been recruiting him for a while or did we just start?

1 hour ago, AU80cruiser said:

So have we been recruiting him for a while or did we just start?

I don't know but I suspect two things:

• the guy knew who Harsin was because of Boise and Boise recruits Cali
  • Caddy can get into kids home due to name recognition

thus I think we have a shot, albeit a small shot

26 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Caddy can get into kids home due to name recognition

Nobody can get into a kids home right now. We are in a dead period Through mid April.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Nobody can get into a kids home right now. We are in a dead period Through mid April.

Can they Zoom?

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Gotcha -    ZOOM, Teams call;   I mean they can meet.   I am a teacher - I know what you mean. 

'Get in front of a prospect' is a better choice of words.

May have been posted already, but Cardwell’s mom is from Alabama I believe. Could help a lot if there’s family ties in the area. Seems like signing day 2 might be better than expected possibly.

Archived