2021 3* S Cayden Bridges Signs with AU!

Paladin

This kid thumps people. Love his length too. Good get if we land him. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AUgrad2013 said:

Bridges looks underrated to me. Good size, good hustle. Mostly importantly you can’t teach physicality and this kid has it. 

Agree. I lived in MS for a few years and their best HS football is still largely in small towns like Magee. A lot of the kids are multi sport and don’t do the year round camp circuit and don’t get rated as highly as they play. Bridges looks like a good find. 

• Like 2

Now this guy got me interested, some other recruits in this class we’ve been looking at haven’t really been doing nothing for me personally but this guy raised my eyebrow a little bit

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Well the last DB we stole from USA late turned out to be pretty good...

Hopefully Auburn can sign Bridges and Gaston next week.

• Like 1

Very impressive.  He explodes out of his breaks, has very fluid hips which show in his turns, and seems to really understand routes and interception points; great size too. I'd certainly take a flyer on him.  

I'm excited to see how Mason modernizes the back end of the D

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

And Balfour too.

That would be one of our better DB classes in a while, in my opinion. 

7 minutes ago, AUgrad2013 said:

Do you see auburn signing 6 DB’s? We already have 3 signed. Just curious. 

Guys in bold could actually see time at S and CB I believe.

On Roster:

CB - Roger McCreary, JR- N. Pritchett ,SO - Marco Domio, JR- Jaylon Simpson , RFr - Eric Reed , Fr - Zion Puckett, Rfr

S- Smoke Monday, JR - Chris Thompson Jr, FR- 

NB- Ledarrius Tennison- FR

That's what we have coming back. We absolutely need quality and quantity in the Defensive backfield.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

On Roster:

CB - Roger McCreary, JR- N. Pritchett ,SO - Marco Domio, JR- Jaylon Simpson , RFr - Eric Reed , Fr - Zion Puckett, Rfr

That's what we have coming back. We absolutely need quality and quantity in the Defensive backfield.

And zion could easily move/play OLB in the 3-4.  Our safety depth and experience is bad and has been. We have routinely only had 4 on the roster. You can't really build depth that way.  I believe you'll see more emphasis for safety in the next couple classes 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, bigbird said:

And zion could easily move/play OLB in the 3-4.  Our safety depth and experience is bad and has been. We have routinely only had 4 on the roster. You can't really build depth that way.  I believe you'll see more emphasis for safety in the next couple classes 

Yea he even lined up at LB some this year. I like the guys we have, but depth is certainly a concern especially at Ssfety.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

On Roster:

@Tigerpro2aPlan is for Reed, Zion, & Tennison to move to Safety. There is no NB in Mason's system from what I understand.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@Tigerpro2aPlan is for Reed, Zion, & Tennison to move to Safety. There is no NB in Mason's system from what I understand.

Reed and Puckett I think are both versatile enough to play either. Tennison....He is a different animal all together. I hope we are super creative with him and line him up all over the field. I know he isn't the biggest, but dude is a thumper. One of my favorite players out of his class.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Kamal Hadden, Armani Diamond and Ahmari Harvey. That's the 3 already signed IIRC. 

Not sure how I missed Hadden when I just looked at the commit list.

53 minutes ago, AUgrad2013 said:

Do you see auburn signing 6 DB’s? We already have 3 signed. Just curious. 

@AUgrad2013 That's the staff's plan. Makes sense knowing that we will be in a 3-3 -5 a lot on D.

Just now, ellitor said:

Not sure how I missed Hadden when I just looked at the commit list.

That what I am here for.....always lurking in the background.....hoping for an error that I just so happen to have the knowledge to jump in like the great AU savior that I am and correct. My stock is rising. Watch out AUFAM

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Reed and Puckett I think are both versatile enough to play either

Maybe bur last I saw as of a day or 2 ago was at minimum plan is to put Reed at S full time which is his natural position.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Maybe bur last I saw as of a day or 2 ago was at minimum plan is to put Reed at S full time which is his natural position.

I was kind of shocked we didn't have him at safety to start with. It isn't like we were loaded at the position this year either.

8 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

That what I am here for.....always lurking in the background.....hoping for an error that I just so happen to have the knowledge to jump in like the great AU savior that I am and correct. My stock is rising. Watch out AUFAM

5861c69c-e0f1-4d73-9991-1b35f3733725_tex

• Haha 1