Amazing how pedestrian and flustered a great QB can look

TitanTiger

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

We can also bash offensive linemen. And running backs if they don't weigh enough. And wide receivers if they've ever dropped a pass. And HBacks if they weigh too much. And anyone on defense for any reason. And we can go over to John Vaughn's house any time we want and light a field goal on fire in his front yard because of that one game where the other team's kicker missed a couple, too, because both of them were kicking in weather that was bad enough to affect the passing game, too. Oh, and Jarrett Stidham was a smiling sissy...

i think stid is just in love with life. i personal never thought he was not taking the game hard enough and i was surprised others did. or maybe he did not take gus serious enough altho i doubt it. i was told a long time ago my a great person..me. and i said never let em see you panic.lol maybe stid was trying to build the team up with some psych warfare?  lol

7 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think the issues there were closer to 50/50 Bo-OLine than people let on here 

The O-line definitely had their issues and growing pains, but they did progress as the season went although some may say it was just due to lesser competition. Either way, they look much better in some games. Bo didn't. I saw the same issues with Bo in Week1, Week 5, Week 12 and every other week. The O-line is not responsible for Bo setting his feet. The O-line is not responsible for Bo overthrowing the nations fastest WR who is wide open down field. The O-line is not responsible for Bo not being able to put a simple screen or slant where it needs to be to give the WR a chance to actually catch and make a move for yardage. The O-line is not responsible when they create an ideal pocket, and Bo bails out anyway. The O-line is not responsible when their is a guy wide open, but Bo never sees him and instead forces it into a double covered Seth. 

2 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

The O-line definitely had their issues and growing pains, but they did progress as the season went although some may say it was just due to lesser competition. Either way, they look much better in some games. Bo didn't. I saw the same issues with Bo in Week1, Week 5, Week 12 and every other week. The O-line is not responsible for Bo setting his feet. The O-line is not responsible for Bo overthrowing the nations fastest WR who is wide open down field. The O-line is not responsible for Bo not being able to put a simple screen or slant where it needs to be to give the WR a chance to actually catch and make a move for yardage. The O-line is not responsible when they create an ideal pocket, and Bo bails out anyway. The O-line is not responsible when their is a guy wide open, but Bo never sees him and instead forces it into a double covered Seth. 

i would love to know why bo was hollering at i think coach morris. how many qb's do you know or have seen that never got a few minutes of bench time for that kind of crap. i want bo to do so good because he is one of ours but a big fear is he is a prima donna. i am not saying he is and it would hurt my soul if he was. but guys get caught up in the game. maybe one day we will find out.

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

i would love to know why bo was hollering at i think coach morris. how many qb's do you know or have seen that never got a few minutes of bench time for that kind of crap. i want bo to do so good because he is one of ours but a big fear is he is a prima donna. i am not saying he is and it would hurt my soul if he was. but guys get caught up in the game. maybe one day we will find out.

Every coach I played for would have probably kicked my #$% on the field right there. We had a coach literally fight a player for talking back. Now of course that wasn't condoned and today he would be thrown under the jail, but that type of stuff didnt happen. I would have gotten my hind beaten by my parents even as a college kid if I did that nonsense. The fact he didn't get pulled or anything was telling. I wonder if there was ever even a conversation about it after the game on Monday morning? Any time? Anything? I doubt it.

11 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Your Dad played for Auburn.  What would've happened if he'd disrespected a coach at any time, much less in a live game on the sidelines? 

Never mind, I don't want to know.  

26 minutes ago, keesler said:

Your Dad played for Auburn.  What would've happened if he'd disrespected a coach at any time, much less in a live game on the sidelines? 

Never mind, I don't want to know.  

Well see I didn't even speak on that......But players havebeen ostracized for much less. But that was pretty hush hush. 

But hey I'm sure it's nothing

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

i think stid is just in love with life. i personal never thought he was not taking the game hard enough and i was surprised others did. or maybe he did not take gus serious enough altho i doubt it. i was told a long time ago my a great peirson..me. and i said never let em see you panic.lol maybe stid was trying to build the team up with some psych warfare?  lol

I perceived a general lack of fire in the guy, but I was surprised by the intense reaction to that one situation. 

On 2/7/2021 at 10:21 PM, AUDevil said:

JJ never saw a DB he didn’t want to throw to.

Johnson 10/7

Nix 12/7 

S white 10/7

🤔

This whole hypocrisy argument goes both ways. The people defending Jeremy Johnson because they argue he was failed by coaching are simultaneously arguing that Bo Nix is just not good and that's it not coaching for his failings. 

Johnson had the same QB and OC coach his entire 4 years at Auburn, Rhett Lashlee.  Bo is now on his third QB and OC coach. 

You can argue every starting QB we've had except for Nick Marshall in 2013, 2014, and Jarrett Stidham in 2017, have been busts.

Nah I'm sure I'm the only person that really understand football enough to see what happened with Johnson on this board but I've never made that argument. Well I did but I pretty much said just wait until it's.....somebody else and I guarantee people would act different......and they did.

The oc stuff is absolutely laughable. Ok instead of having to understand what a picture of big Bird meant he had to understand what the picture of sponge Bob meant. It's been the same offense forever

I'm aware where Bo needs to get better at. I could speak on it better than most, I'm just smart enough to know it's not all one thing and some stuff falls on him. Just like with Johnson some of the stuff fell on him as well. And the same for SW

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Johnson 10/7

Nix 12/7 

S white 10/7

🤔

Johnson -  1 INT per 22 passes

Nix - 1 INT per 51 passes

S white -  1 INT per 50 passes

I  don't blame JJ.  He follows the trend of most of Gus' QBs.  The more of Gus' training he got the worse he got.  JJ had all the tools in the world, but something messed with his head and he turned into a pick machine and then too scared to throw the ball.  A tragedy...and Bo was headed there, just at a less steep decline.

I think people have vastly overrated Pat Nix's QB coaching. Please name me a great QB he coached. At Georgia Tech he coached Reggie Ball. At Miami he coached Kyle Wright and Robert Marve. Nix was fired at Miami at the end of the 2008 season.

Yet people on both sides that are defending Bo and critiquing him have this belief that Bo should be a hotshot QB based off of his dad coaching him in HS and because Pat Nix was a starting QB at Auburn.  Maybe, just maybe Pat Nix isn't a great QB coach either and people should stop thinking Bo should already be the next Baker Mayfield in the making just because his dad coached him in HS.

I have no problem with people saying Bo Nix is a bust.  Every starting QB we've had except Marshall and Stidham were busts. Stidham even regressed in 2018. I literally posted at the end of 2018/early 2019 that Bo Nix wouldn't be as good as Jarrett Stidham. I even said Bo Nix would be more like Sean White than Stidham. 

11 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

I might give Tank more f that credit.

Tank made some incredible things happen, but if you watch that LSU game or that USC game, the OL was great in run blocking. LSU namely, Shivers also had some good runs they did their thing on. 
but if someone wanted to give a guy who had like 15 broken tackles a game the majority of the credit, so be it lol. I just think they did great 

3 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

I think people have vastly overrated Pat Nix's QB coaching. Please name me a great QB he coached. At Georgia Tech he coached Reggie Ball. At Miami he coached Kyle Wright and Robert Marve. Nix was fired at Miami at the end of the 2008 season.

Yet people on both sides that are defending Bo and critiquing him have this belief that Bo should be a hotshot QB based off of his dad coaching him in HS and because Pat Nix was a starting QB at Auburn.  Maybe, just maybe Pat Nix isn't a great QB coach either and people should stop thinking Bo should already be the next Baker Mayfield in the making just because his dad coached him in HS.

I have no problem with people saying Bo Nix is a bust.  Every starting QB we've had except Marshall and Stidham were busts. Stidham even regressed in 2018. I literally posted at the end of 2018/early 2019 that Bo Nix wouldn't be as good as Jarrett Stidham. I even said Bo Nix would be more like Sean White than Stidham. 

I wouldn’t call White a bust. I think he did good considering how little the playbook was designed around his strengths. Looked like a poorer AJ McCarron, which is a solid QB

5 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Tank made some incredible things happen, but if you watch that LSU game or that USC game, the OL was great in run blocking. LSU namely, Shivers also had some good runs they did their thing on. 
but if someone wanted to give a guy who had like 15 broken tackles a game the majority of the credit, so be it lol. I just think they did great 

Don’t know enough about line play to make a good judgement. I just observe that Tank has his high rating due to his yards after contact (OL run blocking), and I visually saw Bo having to run a lot (OL pass blocking) ( even though I agree sometimes he left too early and took the wrong path).

10 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Johnson -  1 INT per 22 passes

Nix - 1 INT per 51 passes

S white -  1 INT per 50 passes

I  don't blame JJ.  He follows the trend of most of Gus' QBs.  The more of Gus' training he got the worse he got.  JJ had all the tools in the world, but something messed with his head and he turned into a pick machine and then too scared to throw the ball.  A tragedy...and Bo was headed there, just at a less steep decline.

Well if that's the case his td rate is much higher than everybody as well depends on what you want to say about the QB though, and really what happened to JJ is he had a very strong arm and he took more risks. He would actually throw down field and stuff. It's pretty much that simple. He had too much confidence in his arm. 

But the real point is you made your joke about Johnson and even though Bo isn't any better of a QB yet you got likes and laughs. When I said Bo needs to get his fundamentals down it's I'm bashing him or I'm giving up on him or I'm calling him a bust.

All the threads about JJ and SWno problem. But if you Talk about Bo it's he lives in you guys minds and all that. That's the point. I don't care about a critique with Johnson, most are sheep, like I said it's the same that most do if you being up neiko Thorpe and they say how bad he was and don't know what they are talking about. Or even o line. Like this year for the sake of Bo people say how horrible they were when they were far from that. Just repeat what they heard

12 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I perceived a general lack of fire in the guy, but I was surprised by the intense reaction to that one situation. 

Lol all because he didn't scream boom alot! Like really that's it just because he wasn't super hype all of the conclusions are made.

13 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Lol all because he didn't scream boom alot! Like really that's it just because he wasn't super hype all of the conclusions are made.

It was more than that for me, but either way I'm careful to say that "I perceived" it just to convey that it came across that way and might not be true.

Evidently, though, that opinion was shared by some of his teammates. I cannot confirm this but I believe it. 

17 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

It was more than that for me, but either way I'm careful to say that "I perceived" it just to convey that it came across that way and might not be true.

Evidently, though, that opinion was shared by some of his teammates. I cannot confirm this but I believe it. 

I'm talking about the he was a big sissy stuff, my bad if I stepped into another convo

11 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'm talking about the he was a big sissy stuff, my bad if I stepped into another convo

Gotcha. No, I don't buy that he was a sissy at all. Off the top of my head, I don't know of a single guy I'd call a sissy. Certainly not Stid or JJ or any other guy who started for Gus (or Chiz, or Tubs, or...)

But with Stid, he seemed a little withdrawn and content. And that's totally okay. Handsome dude, incredible talent, engaged to a very wealthy girl with model/actress looks, probably had a pretty cushy and easy life even before all that... like, why should a dude like that get all worked up about playing for Gus Malzahn (and only because of the stuff that went down at Baylor)? And he STILL got drafted in the 4th round by, at that time, the best franchise in football. Like... man... congrats on that winning lottery ticket of life, bro.

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Gotcha. No, I don't buy that he was a sissy at all. Off the top of my head, I don't know of a single guy I'd call a sissy. Certainly not Stid or JJ or any other guy who started for Gus (or Chiz, or Tubs, or...)

But with Stid, he seemed a little withdrawn and content. And that's totally okay. Handsome dude, incredible talent, engaged to a very wealthy girl with model/actress looks, probably had a pretty cushy and easy life even before all that... like, why should a dude like that get all worked up about playing for Gus Malzahn (and only because of the stuff that went down at Baylor)? And he STILL got drafted in the 4th round by, at that time, the best franchise in football. Like... man... congrats on that winning lottery ticket of life, bro.

Yep. it seem like he was ambivalent versus chill (Like Nick Marshall.)

12 hours ago, cole256 said:

Nah I'm sure I'm the only person that really understand football enough to see what happened with Johnson on this board

To be fair there are a lot of people on here that also understand football really well...  Not me :lol: (when it comes to knowledge on your level), but there are others.  I think that might be a little too far to discredit everyone else on here.

13 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yep. it seem like he was ambivalent versus chill (Like Nick Marshall.)

Duuuuuude, you just said it way better and way more succinctly. I hope I can remember your version the next time this comes up. 

Archived