Amazing how pedestrian and flustered a great QB can look

TitanTiger

10 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

The thing is Mahomes did not look ordinary, he made some unbelievable throws while being harried some while going down with just his arm that were right on the money but defenders were there to knock ball away from receivers. This game proved to me what a great QB he is.  As bad as Auburns line has been they provided more protection then the KC line did. He ran for his life all game but never panicked and made throws most Qb's could not.  

When discussing Bo the monologue is always the same when he stays in the pocket and sets his feet he throws a great ball, you could say that about almost all college and pro QB's but when he doesn't set his feet the ball doesn't have any zip and is not accurate. Watch how much zip Mahomes got on his throws and how they were to his receivers that would have been completions if a defender didn't find a way to get a hand on the ball.

Mahommes just has IT. Everything, he doesn’t have any significant weakness. He’s got a chance to be one of the best of all time. A good guy to boot. And his mom is hotter than his girlfriend. But I don’t think he’ll go 7-3 in Super Bowls. It’s not logical that he will find himself on that many good teams. You gotta have players around you. Especially blocking for you. 

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The OL graded out pretty averagely in most of the games after UGA and before Bama, if I remember the Locked on Auburn’s stats correctly. 

the eye test also dictated that they were meh in pass blocking overall and good in run blocking (injuries lessened that ceiling, but they looked better than OSU in that category vs Bama). I think the issues there were closer to 50/50 Bo-OLine than people let on here 

9 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think the issues there were closer to 50/50 Bo-OLine than people let on here 

Got no problem with that statement, even if I've been harsher than that in my assessment of Bo.  

12 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Got no problem with that statement, even if I've been harsher than that in my assessment of Bo.  

I’m not a Bo defender by any means, but theres certainly a psychological compounding that I’m sure existed. Stidham, a guy that I’d probably also say OLine trust ended up being his mortal flaw, is at least a NFL talent that has the same issue. 

Relative to their rankings and how little chemistry they were able to develop, I’d honestly say they performed about to par, if not a little better? They looked like close to a dominant rushing unit by the middle of the season, as far as the SEC goes, and they performed as well in pass blocking as much more talented units did vs Bama 

12 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I’m not a Bo defender by any means, but theres certainly a psychological compounding that I’m sure existed. Stidham, a guy that I’d probably also say OLine trust ended up being his mortal flaw, is at least a NFL talent that has the same issue. 

Relative to their rankings and how little chemistry they were able to develop, I’d honestly say they performed about to par, if not a little better? They looked like close to a dominant rushing unit by the middle of the season, as far as the SEC goes, and they performed as well in pass blocking as much more talented units did vs Bama 

I might give Tank more f that credit.

22 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Oh, for sure. Stidham exhibited some of the same tendencies. I would just argue that Stidham was light years better throwing the ball when the opportunity to set his feet and step into the throw presented itself. As in, he took that opportunity. 

That's the only thing I can't ride with you on. I couldn't call them close to dominant at anything. I agree with @Hank2020 that Tank made them look better.

And, really, Tank is a great player to bring up in this conversation. THAT's what a true 5* player does even if the team around him isn't playing 5* football. 

What's really going to be hilarious is when the QB stats to replace and everybody jump back on the we can talk about our QB opinion after having this I sure wish people would stop picking on Bo take......I'm going to call out people by name

On 2/7/2021 at 11:41 PM, AUDevil said:

I don’t think it’s accuracy...JJ could be very accurate.

JJ couldn’t execute a Hail Mary. He was also cut from an indoor arena football team, because he couldn’t make it as a long snapper, after he couldn’t make it as their second team quarterback.

Right now Bo might be able to be an h back. And Bo couldn't execute a hail Mary. I do know JJ had a better arm though

But that's besides the point you guys really bashed him.....But now we can't talk about Bo improving? That's some coward stuff right there

according to the announcers homes was playing injured as well as some of his o line.

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

according to the announcers homes was playing injured as well as some of his o line.

That's crazy

19 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Right now Bo might be able to be an h back. And Bo couldn't execute a hail Mary. I do know JJ had a better arm though

But that's besides the point you guys really bashed him.....But now we can't talk about Bo improving? That's some coward stuff right there

We can also bash offensive linemen. And running backs if they don't weigh enough. And wide receivers if they've ever dropped a pass. And HBacks if they weigh too much. And anyone on defense for any reason. And we can go over to John Vaughn's house any time we want and light a field goal on fire in his front yard because of that one game where the other team's kicker missed a couple, too, because both of them were kicking in weather that was bad enough to affect the passing game, too. Oh, and Jarrett Stidham was a smiling sissy...

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Turf toe. Having surgery tomorrow.

And yeah, missing both their starting tackles. No doubt that OL was compromised. But that doesn't take anything away from what Tampa's D did. Our guys Davis and Dean were straight bad asses, too. 

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

That's crazy

yeah i know but thats what they said. maybe they were homers trying to make excuses.......lol

Bo lives in some of ya'lls heads.  Can't point out negatives of another player or give Bo compliments without the bash posse rollin' up.

Just now, AUDevil said:

Bo lives in some of ya'lls heads.  Can't point out negatives of another player or give Bo compliments without the bash posse rollin' up.

I don't get the joke. 

Here's another topic...

Anybody here just flat out doesn't like Bo and is rooting against him? Maybe you want to say "told you so", you can't stand his fans, or you just don't like the guy? Anybody here really want someone else to win the job next year?  I used to root against Cadillac a little bit b/c I wanted Brown to get all the carries.  I rooted against Gross a little and for Jeff Klein b/c he was nice to me at Kroger once.

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

JJ had all the tools to be really good, but it seemed like it was in his headspace that he struggled. The half he played against Arkansas, I think, when Marshall was sitting out for disciplinary reasons was a thing of beauty.

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Wait, what?

It would've taken a hail Mary to throw the ball to the endzone at the end of the game but he decided to run. I was curious as to how JJ couldn't do it

1 minute ago, AUDevil said:

Here's another topic...

Anybody here just flat out doesn't like Bo and is rooting against him? Maybe you want to say "told you so", you can't stand his fans, or you just don't like the guy? Anybody here really want someone else to win the job next year?  I used to root against Cadillac a little bit b/c I wanted Brown to get all the carries.  I rooted against Gross a little and for Jeff Klein b/c he was nice to me at Kroger once.

No. I think that is silly to just root against players.  But I do think people have preferences and favorites. When those favorites or preferences , either perform subpar or don’t get the job , that is when acting out occurs instead of objective evaluation. The fact is many Auburn fans resonate with this young man because he grew up an Auburn fan and dad has Auburn galore. They don’t want to see him fail, but in their fear or failure , they also display avoidant behaviors. No different than a dad who is coaching their son or a mother, who is follow up with a teacher during a conference. 

Archived