2021 WVU Transfer CB Dreshun Miller Commits To AU!

atl-tiger

CB AU has interest in
Should have 2 to play 2 seasons
Thought to be an AU-UGA battle
Rusty Mansell of UGA 247 does not believe he will end up at UGA even though the WVU CB coach just took that job at UGA

• ellitor changed the title to 2022 WVU Transfer CB Dreshun Miller

• ellitor changed the title to 2021 WVU Transfer CB Dreshun Miller
2 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

No talent in the transfer portal though right? 

Well none this late after the season ended.

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

Well none this late after the season ended.

Wait.... is this sarcasm from @ellitor? WTH? It is really cold outside (10 degrees F at my house right now); has hell actually frozen over?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, fredst said:

Wait.... is this sarcasm from @ellitor? WTH? It is really cold outside (10 degrees F at my house right now);

While I will never be a Jedi Master of Sarcasm @bigbirdis & has taught me well. I am glad he took me on as an apprentice.

2 hours ago, fredst said:

has hell actually frozen over?

Na. Just where I live, in Auburn.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

Looks like everyone has the WVU DB predicted to us.  Would be a real big pick up.  Think our corners would've have been pretty good without him, but this is a big plus

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

Didn't realize we had a thread on him and just commented on him in the portal thread.

I don't think CB is really a drastic need but this would really make that unit a strength.  McCreary and Miller as corners and Simpson in the slot/nickel.  I think Simpson is going to be really good

We need a CB of this caliber.  He would help this team a lot but as a transfer would not help class rankings. With so many teams staring to fill out classes with transfers and I expect more to do this in the future I think the services will need to find a way to rate the transfers in the class rankings. If we get this young man and the D-linemen we already picked up that is two possible starters next year or at worse players who will get a lot of PT and they don't help the class ranking.

Last year Georgia picked up a transfer who ended up being their starting QB. All I am trying to say when rating the quality of the class there needs to be some of way of rating transfers to get a true picture of how good a class is.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

We need a CB of this caliber.  He would help this team a lot but as a transfer would not help class rankings. With so many teams staring to fill out classes with transfers and I expect more to do this in the future I think the services will need to find a way to rate the transfers in the class rankings. If we get this young man and the D-linemen we already picked up that is two possible starters next year or at worse players who will get a lot of PT and they don't help the class ranking.

Last year Georgia picked up a transfer who ended up being their starting QB. All I am trying to say when rating the quality of the class there needs to be some of way of rating transfers to get a true picture of how good a class is.  

Other than impacting future recruits choices is there more value in needing class ranking to be that accurate?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Is it really that big of a deal?

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Other than impacting future recruits choices is there more value in needing class ranking to be 

Helps tell us how good he is

Haven’t seen this in the thread yet. Would love to add brooks out of high school and Miller and and a LB or DT from portal. I feel good about our D, will be some bumps learning a new system. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Is it really that big of a deal?

In reality no. But with so many rating the class it gives a false impression on how well the class was. Which might influence future recruits who like to go with winners. Now If you win on the field it makes no difference.

5 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Looks like everyone has the WVU DB predicted to us.

Who's everyone? Anyone besides the JBoy gang? I appreciate what they do but I feel better about their picks when team reporters from Rivals & 247 of the teams involved in the recruitments makes the same picks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Who's everyone? Anyone besides the JBoy gang? I appreciate what they do but I feel better about their picks when team reporters from Rivals & 247 of the teams involved in the recruitments makes the same picks.

Ha. That who I was talking about. Jboy loves to hype s***. Sometimes I think too much. 

I hope he's right bc I think it's a massive get.. Not so much for a position of massive need but jsut bc everyone passes and would take a good secondary to possibly elite