2021 EKU Transfer PG Wendell Green Commits To AU!

ellitor

Wendell Green Jr. - Men's Basketball - Eastern Kentucky University Athletics

JLee has been hearing better & better things about him daily in regards to AU
JLee thinks he commits to AU tomorrow
Basicially would be getting a freshman with some college experience with 4 years of eligibility
Led the nation in D 1 in total assists by a freshman

• Like 1
  • Love 2

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Basicially would be getting a freshman with some college experience with 4 years of eligibility

So now we are looking at bringing in a 6'1" and a 5'11" guard? And they are coming from smaller colleges(CofC and EKU). Are we now getting even smaller, other than Alexander? I'm a little concerned...

Especially if we don't get Scoot....

Edited by steeleagle

Just now, steeleagle said:

So now we are looking at bringing in a 6'1" and a 5'11" guard? Are we now getting even smaller, other than Alexander?

@steeleagle Nothing to worry about given how talented he appears to be. It continues our trend of bringing in really good but undersized PGs.

1 minute ago, steeleagle said:

Especially if we don't get Scoot....

We likely have Scoot. Just a question of whether he reclassifies or not. JLee doesn't think he's close to a decision on reclassifying FWIW.

Also added highlights to the OP.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

So this probably leads to a situation where Scoot doesn’t reclassify and we don’t know what with Tyty?

I doubt this impacts Scoots decision.

13 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@steeleagle Nothing to worry about given how talented he appears to be. It continues our trend of bringing in really good but undersized PGs.

We likely have Scoot. Just a question of whether he reclassifies or not. JLee doesn't think he's close to a decision on reclassifying FWIW.

Also added highlights to the OP.

So is Zep and Wendell both considered PGs bc of their height? If so, even though we can take Scoot, is this a possible sign Scoot waits till next year to sign? Or was Scoot going to play the 2 spot....

If Scoot does not reclassify, is he thinking he will go pro straight out of HS? or does his age keep him in college for that 1 year?

5 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

So this probably leads to a situation where Scoot doesn’t reclassify

@Dual-Threat Rigby Not necessarily. Scoot has a spot on this team this year if he wants it no matter when he makes his final decision.

6 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

and we don’t know what with Tyty?

Likely means AU does not get him per JLee & JHead.

Just now, steeleagle said:

So is Zep and Wendell both considered PGs bc of their height?

@steeleagleNo. Either one can play some 2 just as Jared Harper did when he was on the court at times with Jvon.

2 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

If so, even though we can take Scoot, is this a possible sign Scoot waits till next year to sign?

Nope. As posted above it means the staff doesn't think Scoot is close to a decision on reclassifying so the staff wanted to make sure they went ahead & got a couple of guys they feel good about playing the point.

4 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Or was Scoot going to play the 2 spot....

Point but can definitely play some 2.

7 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

is he thinking he will go pro straight out of HS?

Nope. Doesn't look like the NBA is changing that rule soon.

8 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

or does his age keep him in college for that 1 year?

Not necessarily college but his age keeps him out of the draft til 2023 as the rules are now.

3 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

I doubt this impacts Scoots decision.

Incorrect interpretation of my post 

my premise was, what did this mean in relation to their thought process for the other two PG candidates. It was answered though

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby

3 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Incorrect interpretation of my post 

my premise was, what did this mean in relation to their thought process for the other two PG candidates. It was answered though

Try to be more clear in the future. 😉😆

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

How does he have 4 years left?

Love his energy and ball control!

23 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

How does he have 4 years left?

@AUGoo because this academic year does not count against any student athlete’s eligibility because of Covid.

• Like 1

• ellitor changed the title to ***2021 EKU Transfer PG Wendell Green (Commit Watch 4/9/21: Noon CT)***

Man this kid is dynamite, I don’t care if he’s considered small or not he’d have a spot on my team. 

I mean does this guy not play like a freaking Cooper clone?? The way he changes speed and the smooth handle along with the physical similarities i could have been convinced that was Coop out there if he had a bit more hair. I'm totally on board with bringing this guy on the team even if it does mean we aren't getting TyTy. If we get this guy along with Zep then i can relax a bit that next years team is not going to have a gaping whole when it comes to ball handlers. If Scoot will come on and join the team then all the better!

2 hours ago, gravejd said:

I mean does this guy not play like a freaking Cooper clone?? The way he changes speed and the smooth handle along with the physical similarities i could have been convinced that was Coop out there if he had a bit more hair. I'm totally on board with bringing this guy on the team even if it does mean we aren't getting TyTy. If we get this guy along with Zep then i can relax a bit that next years team is not going to have a gaping whole when it comes to ball handlers. If Scoot will come on and join the team then all the better!

What a change in backcourt we could have in 1 year. We could go from 2 freshmen in Cooper and Powell, to a GT in Zep and Transfer Fr/So in Green. Interesting.

It could be a little disappointing to not get the high profile HS guys on Pearl's resume, but he has made sure to fill out our starting group with quickness and quality ball handlers which we lacked before(outside of Cooper). 

The only thing we need is a bomber from outside. With the lack of height, I guess it will have to come from Alexander (if he is that good of a 3pt shooter. 

Where will this be reported? Just wait for the news to come out, or is there somewhere to watch for it?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 4

• Like 2
  • Love 2

• Like 1
  • Love 2

19 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Looked at his video.

HE can maneuver very well in traffic around the basket. He has a nice stroke from 3 pt line even though he didn't seem to shoot a lot of them as a PG(and a better form than Cooper). He did have too many TOs by his number per game, but he definitely handled the ball most of the minutes. 

So what does J Ferguson mean when he says "In one of the fastest and highest pressure systems in America"?  This is a new one to me in describing his advantages as a guard...