5 * CG Zion Cruz

johnjacob

11 hours ago, Rednilla said:

I'm not sure how to embed a tweet here, but Tre Donaldson, the S/PG we've been recruiting who is announcing on the same day as Cruz, tweeted that big news was coming from two of them on the same day...maybe I'm reading too much into it, but that kinda sounds like it might be a good day for us with both of them.

This pretty much means its a done deal to AU. Very NICE backcourt. Need to add stretch PF, Walker and another 2/3 and Bruce will keep the wins rolling. 

43 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

So was all that recent talk of Pearl not wanting to take Cruz a smoke screen?

It does fit nicely into the Auburn puzzle if Donaldson IS saying 2 on the same day will commit and it is BIG NEWS. It feels, sounds like he knows both he and Cruz are committing to Auburn, since that comment doesn't fit for any other school.

And then we have our PG AND our SG/CG set for 2022 and on...

• Like 1

I personally don’t care much our basketball insiders anymore, bc they stink, but I will contribute that we’re likely losing a 3 that splits time at 2 and a 4 that will split time at the 5 and possibly 3. The 3 is a solid need going into next offseason, and I think this guy could both split some time at the 3, as well as allow for Cambridge to be a full time 3 himself 

There’s other recruits that could fill that role, sure, but I’d like to reward the guy that’s been so pro-Auburn when others of his caliber ditched us at the last second

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I personally don’t care much our basketball insiders anymore, bc they stink, but I will contribute that we’re likely losing a 3 that splits time at 2 and a 4 that will split time at the 5 and possibly 3. The 3 is a solid need going into next offseason, and I think this guy could both split some time at the 3, as well as allow for Cambridge to be a full time 3 himself 

There’s other recruits that could fill that role, sure, but I’d like to reward the guy that’s been so pro-Auburn when others of his caliber ditched us at the last second

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

• Haha 6
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Just Bc we all know lol

7FD62098-D491-422F-95E6-CA3D32CB25D5.jpeg

I really think the NIL is a game changer in a similar fashion to the way the G-League Ignite was. I wouldn't be surprised if Jabari Smith gets more while in college than an Ignite player even can make. At UAT, Bryce Young has already raked in more than a million in deals, and Ignite tops out at 500K...

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Rednilla said:

I really think the NIL is a game changer in a similar way to the way the G-League Ignite was. I wouldn't be surprised if Jabari Smith gets more while in college than a Ignite player even can make. At UAT, Bryce Young has already raked in more than a million in deals, and Ignite tops out at 500K...

It's all going to be determined by their play AND how well they are marketed, and who they choose to help with their brand. 

43 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

It's all going to be determined by their play AND how well they are marketed, and who they choose to help with their brand. 

Indeed, but for one, AU was out in front with dealing with NIL, if memory serves one of the first schools in the SEC to set up a program assisting athletes with their marketability. Moreover, just the ability to earn money on your own name, image, and likeness means that they don't have to be resigned to living like a poor college student (or breaking the rules) if they choose college. The mere potential to have income without screwing up eligibility and/or putting your future at risk is the game changer to which I was alluding.

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

If Donaldson comes that same day…well well well 

BANG! LOL

• Love 1

2 draftees, 3 NBA prospects on this season’s squad, shot at another top 20 class, AND were at a point where a near 4 star composite top 20 PG recruit isn’t even a class centerpiece

We’re actively experiencing the payoff, in case you guys were wondering 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

• Like 1

This is one of the strangest recruitment's out there you will see lately. You got actual mod's sticking their neck out on Auburn pay sites saying he is not a take and Bruce is not a fan. I guess we will find out in less than a week. Tre def wants him badly and is doing everything he can to sell Bruce and the staff on him.

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

This is one of the strangest recruitment's out there you will see lately. You got actual mod's sticking their neck out on Auburn pay sites saying he is not a take and Bruce is not a fan. I guess we will find out in less than a week. Tre def wants him badly and is doing everything he can to sell Bruce and the staff on him.

Could it be cover from the pay site mods to deflect from the amount of interest Bruce does have in him? As much as that seems like grasping at straws, it wouldn't surprise me at this point...

5 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Could it be cover from the pay site mods to deflect from the amount of interest Bruce does have in him? As much as that seems like grasping at straws, it wouldn't surprise me at this point...

I don't see any advantage with a deflection strategy. 

Pearl either wants him, and Cruz wants to come, and they know behind the scenes they are doing this, or Pearl still is trying to get someone else to verbally commit that he wants more, but Zion is telling Auburn he's commiting the 19th and forcing our hand...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I don't see any advantage with a deflection strategy. 

Pearl either wants him, and Cruz wants to come, and they know behind the scenes they are doing this, or Pearl still is trying to get someone else to verbally commit that he wants more, but Zion is telling Auburn he's commiting the 19th and forcing our hand...

I honestly don't have a clue, I'm just trying to come up with a reason why the paysite mods would downplay Bruce's interest. I suppose I could see either of those scenarios being the case, however. Who knows? 

Wasn't it the 17th, though?

I'm gonna trust whatever conclusion Pearl reaches but wow: 

This guy puts so much pressure on the rim, has a really live handle and more than anything, looks god gifted in the mid range. Watching Booker and Chris Paul last playoffs really opened my eyes to how much value being a dead eye there can do to create gravity. I doubt it's in his cards on this level, but if he becomes a PnR operator, watch out!

• Like 1

On 8/14/2021 at 12:57 PM, Rednilla said:

I honestly don't have a clue, I'm just trying to come up with a reason why the paysite mods would downplay Bruce's interest. I suppose I could see either of those scenarios being the case, however. Who knows? 

Wasn't it the 17th, though?

I went back and checked and I am still seeing the 19th for his announcement.