Why Auburn beats PSU

bigbird

I would say Harsin has a history of having his Boise State teams ready for big games.

I think that will play big here.

We had that a lot in the Tubberville era, and the first two years of the Chizik era. We had it year one of the Gus era, and again in second half of the 2017 season after the Clemson and LSU games, but it has been rare for the last ten years.

I really think the lack of focus in the first half of the Alabama State game may have been due to looking ahead. That we corrected at the half is a positive sign.

I think the team will be ready. I am concerned about the offensive line and Bo Nix, because we have not our OL tested nor Bo pressured. If Bo plays loose, I think we win.

• Like 1

I think the O line will be fine in this game. It really wasn't that bad last year, and I think it is improved.  The O line had their ass handed to them by Georgia last year, but Georgia did the same thing to most everybody. They just did it to Clemson, and that is a good line.  We had more problems last year with our defensive front four than anything.  We couldn't stop the run and we couldn't stop anyone on 3rd down. I like the upgrades Harsin has made to the defense. The front seven looks to be much improved, but this will be the test. Our secondary is good, but we have to shut down the run and get pressure.   The changes are about to pay off big time. WE ARE ......Going to kill Penn State.

5 hours ago, Caldavis said:

Like Auburn the zero chance of winning a natty. Btw we play Michigan in a white out as well. Better hope Bruce Pearl delivers ass ****, maybe he can buy some More players to keep you relevant as a school. 

Thank you for continuing to prove my point. Let's take a look at that big bad Michigan you are referring to:

Last National Championship: 1997

Conference Championship: 2004

Beat OSU: 2011

The most known thing Michigan has done since 2004 was lose to App State in 2007.

My point still stands, you calling us irrelevant is the same as you calling yourself irrelevant.

You do realize that with the NIL players are able to be legally paid right? Not sure how our basketball program is relevant to this conversation. 

CoolMeanDuckling.webp

Edited by arein0

We beat Penn State because we are the most physical team. It all goes back to Joes. Speed and power is where AU has the advantage. They have nobody to match up offensively with the 3 backs AU will throw at them Sat. 
I am so impressed with J Hunter. I Do not just believe he is as just as strong as Tank, I think he is more elusive and definitely faster. Sean Jackson is another hoss like Pettaway.  Even without  Shivers, the human bowlin ball AU can pound away and win with power and speed on both sides of the ball

Edited by lost
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, lost said:

We beat Penn State because we are the most physical team. It all goes back to Joes. Speed and power is where AU has the advantage. They have nobody to match up offensively with the 3 backs AU will throw at them Sat. 
I am so impressed with J Hunter. I Do not just believe he is as just as strong as Tank, I think he is more elusive and definitely faster. Sean Jackson is another hoss like Pettaway.  Even without  Shivers, the human bowlin ball AU can pound away and win with power and speed on both sides of the ball

Penn State has plenty of Blue Chip talent. In fact, the percentage of Blue Chip players is the same as ours. I think it's a mistake for Auburn fans to believe that we're just going to line up across from them and beat them based on talent alone. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Penn State has plenty of Blue Chip talent. In fact, the percentage of Blue Chip players is the same as ours. I think it's a mistake for Auburn fans to believe that we're just going to line up across from them and beat them based on talent alone. 

I agree they have talent and the two teams are similar.  But I don’t think their RB talent is comparable-physically.   And I believe we are a faster defensive team than them.  Jmo 

12 minutes ago, lost said:

I agree they have talent and the two teams are similar.  But I don’t think their RB talent is comparable-physically.   And I believe we are a faster defensive team than them.  Jmo 

I haven't watched them play, so I actually can't attest to that, but I agree that our RB room is formidable, and I'd be surprised if theirs compared. 

Damari Alston knows who’s got the best backs!

• Haha 1

Be humble Auburn fans…we have absolutely no idea how are athletes match up with penn. They have recruited some very talented players over the years. 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Caldavis said:

Record over the last 5 years is 46-16 vs 41-23, look that up champ 

I think your still looking for the UCF board. Remember 48-14

14 minutes ago, DAG said:

Be humble Auburn fans…we have absolutely no idea how are athletes match up with penn. They have recruited some very talented players over the years. 

This. All day. We can all hope we know, but we just don’t at this point. No doubt we have potential and lots of it. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, AUwent said:

Better hope Bruce Pearl delivers ass ****

Sorry , but that kind of stuff occured at Happy Valley not Auburn

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

57 minutes ago, lost said:

This is from their college paper.  They seem to not know SEC football

89375D33-C440-4DEF-B5C4-456075D09EE4.jpeg

aka, their research was just racial profiling.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Sorry , but that kind of stuff occured at Happy Valley not Auburn

In Happy Valley they had to add to freshman orientation....

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952f1d28676d31389184

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, fishepa said:

Well this thread was good for awhile, then...not so much.

How? This is like the epitome of sports. Fanbases going at it. If you don't like this how do you even attend actual games?

• Like 2

Just now, W.E.D said:

*two nuts

He makes a lot of questionable in game decisions. 

That doesn't make him less of a "good" coach. That is probably what separates him from being a great coach. Are you saying he is average?

It's that damn defense that makes me wonder about PSU. I honestly feel very confidence our defense can do it's thing against their O.  I am thinking someone like D-Rob will have a huge game.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

That doesn't make him less of a "good" coach. That is probably what separates him from being a great coach. Are you saying he is average?

Yeah, probably hyperbole that he's a "bad" coach.

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

It's that damn defense that makes me wonder about PSU. I honestly feel very confidence our defense can do it's thing against their O.  I am thinking someone like D-Rob will have a huge game.

Yeah, same.  Think it'll be a low scoring game unless our offense shows out.  I think we'll hold them to 13-17pts

• Like 1