BREAKING NEWS FROM BREITBART: Conservatives Wont Get Vaccines Because That Would Make Them Feel Like Cucks! It's Official: Owning Libs > Saving own life.

CoffeeTiger

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

No, I'd rather see them behave responsibly and get vaccinated. 

But if they choose not to, screw 'em. Serves them right. 

That isn't what you said. Like I said, you can't weasel your way out of this one. 

Just own it.........

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

That isn't what you said. Like I said, you can't weasel your way out of this one.

Just own it.........

Frankly, I don't care if those who refuse to get vaccinated die. 

I'd rather everyone get vaccinated, but if some people consciously refuse, let 'em die.

It's their choice.  And we're better off without them.  Stupid choices have unfortunate consequences.  That's not my law, that's life's law (or God's law if you prefer).

Does that work for you?  

Is it clear enough? 

Edited by homersapien

1 hour ago, wdefromtx said:

Just own it.........

No, that's not exactly what I said, it's a clarification.

I said "I would just as soon see them die" and I hold to it. 

I didn't originally say I'd rather they get vaccinated as I thought that rather obvious from the nature of the conversation, which is about vaccination resisters. Duuuuh :rolleyes:  I guess I didn't fully appreciate I needed to cater to snowflakes - like you - by repeating the obvious - I'd like to see vaccine resisters change their minds and get vaccinated. 

You are the one who is apparently trying to make an extraneous point.  What is it?

Edited by homersapien

13 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I didn't originally say I'd rather they get vaccinated as I thought that rather obvious from the nature of the conversation

You got that right, several of us on here understand exactly what you meant by that statement. Perhaps it was just a Freudian slip at the keyboard. 

17 minutes ago, homersapien said:

You are the one who is apparently trying to make an extraneous point.  What is it?

You just proved a point that the article made, that is all.

18 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

You got that right, several of us on here understand exactly what you meant by that statement. Perhaps it was just a Freudian slip at the keyboard. 

Do you seriously think I would rather vax resisters die than simply change their minds and get vaccinated?

Edited by homersapien

16 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Meaning not so sure about the people treating COVID or your attitude?

Meaning many healthcare workers are at least ambivalent about vaccine resisters dying. 

After a while, I imagine constant struggling to maintain people who are dying because they refused to get vaccinated gets pretty old.

https://www.ama-assn.org/practice-management/physician-health/half-health-workers-report-burnout-amid-covid-19

Edited by homersapien

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Meaning many healthcare workers are at least ambivalent about vaccine resisters dying.  After a while, struggling to maintain people who are dying because they are anti-vaccine gets pretty old.

Not from what I have seen up close and personally. No need to bore you with details. Local hospitals did issue statements in total contradiction to your attitude. 

Sure it is hard for you to understand but all Vax resisters do not wave Trump flags, wear MAGA hats, and storm the capital. Your hate for Trump has warped your thinking IMO

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Not from what I have seen up close and personally. No need to bore you with details. Local hospitals did issue statements in total contradiction to your attitude. 

Sure it is hard for you to understand but all Vax resisters do not wave Trump flags, wear MAGA hats, and storm the capital. Your hate for Trump has warped your thinking IMO

I am talking about anti-vaxxers.  Trump has nothing to do with this except for the high correlation of vaccine resisters among Trump supporters. (Ironically enough, Trump actually got vaccinated.)

There are plenty of polls that show a strong correlation with Trump supporters and vaccine resistors.

How exactly is my thinking "warped"?  

11 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

“Frankly, I don't care if those who refuse to get vaccinated die. “

(First, that's not exactly what I said, so please don't put quotes on it.)

Regardless - since it's close enough - why is that "warped"? 

I respect their right to make terrible decisions.  Why should I care about the consequences to them for doing so? 

It's not like anyone is withholding information or advice from them.  They made a deliberate decision and are therefore fully responsible for the consequences.

All this pearl clutching is amusing, since personal responsibility is normally what I would expect to hear from conservatives.

Edited by homersapien

12 minutes ago, homersapien said:

First, that's not exactly what I said, so don't put quotes on it. 

Regardless, why is that "warped"? 

I respect their right to make terrible decisions.  Why should I care about the consequences to them for doing so?  It's not like anyone is withholding information or good advice from them.  They made a deliberate decision and are responsible for the consequences.

All this pearl clutching is amusing, since my attitude is normally what I would expect from conservatives.

I copied you straight from your response to WDE.

People make all types of terrible choice but we all do not “just as soon they die” as a consequence.

No pearl clutching. Just glad people that make a difference do not share your attitude.

• Like 1

All deaths, even those of the Stupid, Stubborn, Selfish and Ignorant tribe, are a tragedy.  A human life was lost and that is sad.

In this situation, it's even sadder that it didn't have to happen for most of them.  They chose to risk a premature end to their lives based on bull****.

In this situation it's also maddening, because there's no telling how many other people they have infected and caused to spend weeks in the hospital or die because of their selfish and irresponsible behavior and because it prolongs the economic and societal disruptions we've all grown weary of.  Their stupid, stubborn, selfish, and ignorant behavior doesn't just affect them.  It affects everyone and they don't give a s***.

I know several nurses and doctors on the frontlines of treating COVID patients.  The exasperation with the unvaccinated is real.  They do their jobs because they're decent human beings and they've been trained to treat everyone no matter how they ended up in front of them.  But they are exhausted.  And they are mentally and emotionally drained from having to make life and death decisions about who to give a ventilator, who to admit to the ICU and who has to make do outside of it.  These are decisions that simply would not even be in play if so many people would stop being idiots and get vaccinated.  So they have fight their anger and frustration with the willfully unvaccinated even as they work to save their lives.

Now there's an exceedingly small group of people in the US out there who simply cannot get vaccinated right now.  I know of one and it's because of the nature of her cancer and immune system.  Most cancer patients are encouraged to get vaccinated but her particular issues make that something she can't do right now.  I am obviously not including such people in the SSSI tribe.  

But I have run out of patience with those who persist in believing crackpots on YouTube and outlier doctors or nurses on Facebook spreading bull****.  I'm out of patience with people who refuse because they don't want to "be told what to do" or they want to "own the libs."  I'm done with people who give credence to outlandish and worldwide conspiracy theories and refuse to get vaccinated.

As far as the "my body, my choice" arguments, I reject them for the same reasons I reject the vast majority of abortions - because the action you're choosing to take in either case doesn't just affect your body.

So quit being a ******* baby and go get vaccinated so we can quit watching people die and dealing with ******* masks and distancing and all this other annoying s***.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Which is....... ?

The sad reality of your view which epitomizes the majority of the left wingers in this country. Which is basically that if someone's opinion isn't in line with their view they cannot be tolerated and as such no reason for any compassion, compromise, etc. Not only that, y'all do the same thing you complained about Trump saying something then lying about not saying it........

Case in point:

2 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

But if they choose not to, screw 'em. Serves them right. 

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Frankly, I don't care if those who refuse to get vaccinated die. 

I'd rather everyone get vaccinated, but if some people consciously refuse, let 'em die.

It's their choice.  And we're better off without them. 

37 minutes ago, homersapien said:

(First, that's not exactly what I said, so please don't put quotes on it.)

Also, a healthcare working becoming ambivalent to people dying is not the same as not caring. You do realize that they deal with death so frequently that they become jaded to it. I am sure it is exhausting, but I agree with Salty, thankfully you are one of the front line workers. 

The bottom line is it is a personal choice to get the vaccine or not and that is the way it should be. The other vaccines have waiver's now as well. If a person does not feel like the vaccine is safe or right for them then that is their choice.

We haven't had our 13 year old vaccinated yet even though they say it is safe for 12 and up. However, it still is not conclusive if it is safe when it comes to female reproductive functions. Once there is enough conclusive evidence that it is safe then we will have her get it. So I suppose you don't care if she dies because of that? Our older daughter is 19 and she got it, she's old enough to make her own decisions regarding it. We consulted with our doctors as well as several doctor friend's we personally know and almost all advised the same thing for our 13 year old. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

The sad reality of your view which epitomizes the majority of the left wingers in this country. Which is basically that if someone's opinion isn't in line with their view they cannot be tolerated and as such no reason for any compassion, compromise, etc. Not only that, y'all do the same thing you complained about Trump saying something then lying about not saying it........

Case in point:

Also, a healthcare working becoming ambivalent to people dying is not the same as not caring. You do realize that they deal with death so frequently that they become jaded to it. I am sure it is exhausting, but I agree with Salty, thankfully you are one of the front line workers. 

The bottom line is it is a personal choice to get the vaccine or not and that is the way it should be. The other vaccines have waiver's now as well. If a person does not feel like the vaccine is safe or right for them then that is their choice.

We haven't had our 13 year old vaccinated yet even though they say it is safe for 12 and up. However, it still is not conclusive if it is safe when it comes to female reproductive functions. Once there is enough conclusive evidence that it is safe then we will have her get it. So I suppose you don't care if she dies because of that? Our older daughter is 19 and she got it, she's old enough to make her own decisions regarding it. We consulted with our doctors as well as several doctor friend's we personally know and almost all advised the same thing for our 13 year old. 

How the unvaccinated threaten the vaccinated for COVID-19: A Darwinian perspective

Emanuel Goldman

Imai et al. (1) have characterized yet another variant of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), the virus responsible for COVID-19, this one originating in Brazil. The good news is that it appears that vaccines currently available are still expected to provide protection against this variant. However, what about the next variant, one we have not seen yet? Will we still be protected?

In 1859, Charles Darwin published On the Origin of Species (2), in which he outlined the principles of natural selection and survival of the fittest. The world presently has the unwelcome opportunity to see the principles of evolution as enumerated by Darwin play out in real time, in the interactions of the human population with SARS-CoV-2. The world could have easily skipped this unpleasant lesson, had there not been such large numbers of the human population unwilling to be vaccinated against this disease.

SARS-CoV-2 has shown that it can mutate into many variants of the original agent (3). An unvaccinated pool of individuals provides a reservoir for the virus to continue to grow and multiply, and therefore more opportunities for such variants to emerge. When this occurs within a background of a largely vaccinated population, natural selection will favor a variant that is resistant to the vaccine.

So far, we have been lucky that the variants that have emerged can still be somewhat controlled by current vaccines, probably because these variants evolved in mostly unvaccinated populations and were not subject to selective pressure of having to grow in vaccinated hosts. Nevertheless, the Delta variant is exhibiting increased frequency of breakthrough infections among the vaccinated (4).

The real danger is a future variant, which will be the legacy of those people who are not getting vaccinated providing a breeding ground for the virus to continue to generate variants. A variant could arise that is resistant to current vaccines, rendering those already vaccinated susceptible again.

Progress we have made in overcoming the pandemic will be lost. New vaccines will have to be developed. Lockdowns and masks will once again be required. Many more who are currently protected, especially among the vulnerable, will die.

This dire prediction need not occur if universal vaccination is adopted, or mandated, to protect everyone, including those who are already vaccinated.

Darwinian selection may also yet solve the problem with a much crueler calculus. The unvaccinated will either get sick and survive, and therefore be the equivalent of vaccinated, or they will die and therefore be removed as breeding grounds for the virus.

The National Archives in the United Kingdom note that, in 1665, during the Black Death plague, “to prevent the disease spreading, a victim was locked in their house with their entire family, condemning them all to death” (5). Vaccinations offer a much more humane response to prevent spread of this disease. The path forward is in the hands of the unvaccinated, and in the political will of the authorities.

References

1. M. Imai et al
    ., Characterization of a new SARS-CoV-2 variant that emerged in Brazil. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 118, e2106535118 (2021).
    1. C. Darwin
    , On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection, or Preservation of Favoured Races in the Struggle for Life (John Murray, London, 1859), pp. 18091882.
    1. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
    , SARS-CoV-2 variant classifications and definitions. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/variants/variant-info.html. Accessed 31 August 2021.
    1. T. Farinholt et al
    ., Transmission event of SARS-CoV-2 Delta variant reveals multiple vaccine breakthrough infections medRxiv [Preprint] (2021). https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.06.28.21258780v1 (Accessed 31 August 2021).
    1. The National Archives
    , The Black Death https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/museum/item.asp?item_id=23. Accessed 31 August 2021.

(emphasis mine)

Edited by homersapien

The sad reality of your view which epitomizes the majority of the left wingers in this country. Which is basically that if someone's opinion isn't in line with their view they cannot be tolerated and as such no reason for any compassion, compromise, etc.

Nonsense.  I have contempt for anti-vaxxers because they are stupid, ignorant and a direct threat to the rest of us. (see article above.)

First, I don't think the vaccine has approval for 13 year olds yet.

But when it is, I will definitely feel sorrow if she doesn't get vaccinated and subsequently dies from covid.  She obviously doesn't fit the category of people for whom I have zero empathy, she's not responsible, you are. 

Have you been vaccinated?  If not, why?

Edited by homersapien

3 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

I copied you straight from your response to WDE.

People make all types of terrible choice but we all do not “just as soon they die” as a consequence.

As long as anti-vaxxers endanger me and others, yes, I would just as soon they die (and the sooner the better).  Obviously, I would prefer they first realize the threat they pose to everyone else and change their mind about getting vaccinated.  But if not, good riddance.

The same would apply to terrorists or murderers.  They made terrible choices also.

Edited by homersapien

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

First, I don't think the vaccine has approval for 13 year olds yet.

But when it is, I will definitely feel sorrow if she doesn't get vaccinated and subsequently dies from covid.  She obviously doesn't fit into the category of people for whom I have zero empathy. She's not responsible, you are. 

Have you been vaccinated?  If not, why?

They are approved for 12 years and up.....at least for the Pfizer one, it was recently approved for 12 and up.  We've made an informed decision based on the advice of various talks with our physicians as well as a physician friend of ours who also is a Professor of Pathology and Genomic Medicine. Since she already has some pre-existing conditions in which there is not enough evidence that the vaccine won't exacerbate issues we decided to wait until more conclusive studies are done. Which he told us are currently happening. 

I got my vaccination in January. Since I am high risk due to having cardiac issues, I got mine very early on. Probably a little earlier than most were able to, but I have several friends in the medical field. I have also had Covid twice, once last summer and then at the beginning of August. 

One of the main reasons that we decided to wait on her getting the vaccine is that I have actually had adverse effects from the vaccine. Which is ironic, because the effects have triggered myocarditis and pericarditis which has caused me to have more problems with my heart and so far hasn't responded well to treatment. Although it isn't nearly as bad as it was, it had me nearly dealing with CHF. Onset of it was almost immediately after my second shot. But originally I thought it was just coincidence and something else affecting my heart.  It wasn't until a bit afterwards did we determine it was from the vaccine and reported to VAERS as well by my cardiologist.

This is why it should be a personal choice for everyone. Given the choice over again, I don't know if I would get it again. As bad as felt there for about a month. Not to mention the second round of Covid was way worse than the first. 

It may be "safe" and many doctors will say the good is greater than the side effects........and that is subjective. That is one of the reasons I find it so amusing that so many can just say "follow the science, it is safe" or whatever. Is it safe? Well, for the most part.......but lots of medicines are this way as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

As long as anti-vaxxers endanger me and others, yes, I would just as soon they die (and the sooner the better).  Obviously, I would prefer they first realize the threat they pose to everyone else and change their mind about getting vaccinated.  But if not, good riddance.

The same would apply to terrorists or murderers.  They made terrible choices also.

Well Brother Homer you do at least qualify with the above said. Suppose you are not as “warped” as I initially indicated. Hope that assist you in feeling better about yourself and sleeping well tonight.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Well Brother Homer you do at least qualify with the above said. Suppose you are not as “warped” as I initially indicated. Hope that assist you in feeling better about yourself and sleeping well tonight.

I wonder if he was happy about the people that died of AIDS.  That was certainly caused by making bad choices on their part and was completely preventable!(at least the people that got it from unprotected sexual contact)!

Ron DeSantis has just appointed a SSSI to be Florida’s Surgeon General.  Shameful. 

It’s 28 minutes long and most on here won’t make it past 14 minutes before they stop it due to complete disgust as how an educated man could be so ignorant.

The bottom line is; you get to choose about your own health issues and don’t live in fear.

In Harris County the vast majority of Covid cases are Hispanic/Latino communities. I wonder if that changes his mind that he'd rather see them die, considering they usually lean left politically? It can only be right wing crazies not getting the vaccine right?

1 hour ago, wdefromtx said:

In Harris County the vast majority of Covid cases are Hispanic/Latino communities. I wonder if that changes his mind that he'd rather see them die, considering they usually lean left politically? It can only be right wing crazies not getting the vaccine right?

Obviously, I make an exception for ignorance, they can be persuaded. That's why I have repeatedly said "conscience anti-vaxxers". 

But if that applies to any given Hispanic, then **** 'em, let em die.

The rest of your post is not worthy of a response.

Edited by homersapien