Harsin: Firing Williams couldn't wait

WFE12

I think this something more besides performance on the field that y'all keep talking about is what another poster has already said.  Corn W came from a fairly basic offensive scheme, he was brought in to be one of Harsin's Southern recruiters with the expectation that he would be able to learn the more complex offensive scheme himself and then teach it to the WRs.  Corn may have simply been a little in over his head and as such Harsin probably offered to either let him go be somewhere else or to take a back seat to Kiseau which Corn probably does not want to do.  Hence, the mutual parting.

All conjecture, but it is more reasonable, and probable then some of the other more zany theories being thrown out in this thread.

Edited by Didba
  • Like 2

On 9/30/2021 at 1:25 PM, cole256 said:

We have something in common cuz I find yours great as well

now kiss

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

As far as big (explosive) plays have there been drops? Only one I remember off the top of my head is Jackson tripping over his feet and that was only a 15-20 yard play

If so not many, but the overall point still remains. Both positions could be struggling and one have nothing to do with the other or any direct impact.

42 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

If so not many, but the overall point still remains. Both positions could be struggling and one have nothing to do with the other or any direct impact.

Yes, I said that and agreed, that particular stat you all were referring to in the quote it's not as far as deep ball

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Finally somebody with some integrity, says something about all the people that not only took this and ran, but literally started insulting other people's intelligence and stuff for merely asking questions. It was obvious this was exaggerated

Watch how this tweet get ignored on here though lol. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

I'm absolutely SHOCKED. No wonder people couldn't provide examples because they didn't exist.

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Finally somebody with some integrity, says something about all the people that not only took this and ran, but literally started insulting other people's intelligence and stuff for merely asking questions. It was obvious this was exaggerated

Watch how this tweet get ignored on here though lol. 

I just assumed I'd missed something lol. I know how we all can get but man, that turned into fact as fast as us paying Cam a buck eighty.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I just assumed I'd missed something lol. I know how we all can get but man, that turned into fact as fast as us paying Cam a buck eighty.

I already posted, it's going to be a hilarious subject to look back and reflect on😂 you think anybody from posse of standards and formations will address this? I say no way

Edited by cole256
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I honestly don't have a strong opinion on this entire topic, but it was an interesting study of how quickly a fanbase will run with something with zero proof. 

My favorite part of the entire saga was when The Smartest Person in the World showed up to tell us what a big ask it is for some random poster to parse through every offensive play searching for WR mistakes. "Are you going to pay them for that?" It's clearly a job that is already crowdsourced to tons of fans. And sportswriters who are, in fact, paid to do this. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, cbo said:

I honestly don't have a strong opinion on this entire topic, but it was an interesting study of how quickly a fanbase will run with something with zero proof. 

My favorite part of the entire saga was when The Smartest Person in the World showed up to tell us what a big ask it is for some random poster to parse through every offensive play searching for WR mistakes. "Are you going to pay them for that?" It's clearly a job that is already crowdsourced to tons of fans. And sportswriters who are, in fact, paid to do this. 

Lol meanwhile say Bo had a bad game a random will break down every throw to say it's somebody else fault on most of them.....But to ask for a timestamp on the many infractions was too much lol. The thing that tripped me out was the anger from people

Oh and the Georgia boys who started the have a victim and there always have to be an oppressor cracks. All that from asking where? 😂😂🤡

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Lol meanwhile say Bo had a bad game a random will break down every throw to say it's somebody else fault on most of them.....But to ask for a timestamp on the many infractions was too much lol. The thing that tripped me out was the anger from people

Oh and the Georgia boys who started the have a victim and there always have to be an oppressor cracks. All that from asking where? 😂😂🤡

Haha, a sports analyst is born every time someone criticizes Bo!

I don't know anything about the GA boys, but the victim stuff I think I saw was pathetic and telling. 

I'm willing to bet some angry nerd has sat down and looked for all the WR mistakes. All it takes is 3 hours. We haven't seen all the errors because they don't exist. 

I don't care much that Harsin pulled the trigger. He does know more than we do. He had a guy he loved already on staff. But let's not make up reasons. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cbo said:

Haha, a sports analyst is born every time someone criticizes Bo!

I don't know anything about the GA boys, but the victim stuff I think I saw was pathetic and telling. 

I'm willing to bet some angry nerd has sat down and looked for all the WR mistakes. All it takes is 3 hours. We haven't seen all the errors because they don't exist. 

I don't care much that Harsin pulled the trigger. He does know more than we do. He had a guy he loved already on staff. But let's not make up reasons. 

I just asked questions myself. I think that's a dirty thing to do and I wouldn't do it because I wouldn't want that karma on me but oh well.....

I mainly was asking questions as far as the yeah he's not playing any games, show them who 's boss people. I just don't see that being an alpha move at all. That's it. But the anger that came, for asking questions. Literally people saying shut up and support every move that's made. 😂 Funny stuff

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, cole256 said:

people saying shut up and support every move that's made. 😂 Funny stuff

Yeah, it's interesting that he's already earned the zero criticism badge with a big segment. Just like he's earned the got no chance badge with others.

I don't know why it's so hard to say we're still riding with him but we have some notes...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yeah, it's interesting that he's already earned the zero criticism badge with a big segment. Just like he's earned the got no chance badge with others.

I don't know why it's so hard to say we're still riding with him but we have some notes...

Right. Especially after doing it with the previous coach.  But you know what I thought about. When we made that 4 th and 2 call against Penn st. A bunch of the very same people that's saying shut up don't question him were questioning him and had very harsh stuff to say. So can't question firing a guy when he's the same as everybody else but cam say whatever about a play call? 😂 gotta love it!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Nuance is in short supply around here. I'm sure that's true of most fanbases. But it definitely makes discussions less interesting. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I just asked questions myself. I think that's a dirty thing to do and I wouldn't do it because I wouldn't want that karma on me but oh well.....

I mainly was asking questions as far as the yeah he's not playing any games, show them who 's boss people. I just don't see that being an alpha move at all. That's it. But the anger that came, for asking questions. Literally people saying shut up and support every move that's made. 😂 Funny stuff

I personally would not fire someone that quickly in my line of work. I'd have a little more confidence in my original evaluation. And, honestly, I would just feel bad to do that. 

But I kind of separate personal feelings from my opinions on coaches. I doubt I would like any SEC coach on a personal level. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cbo said:

I personally would not fire someone that quickly in my line of work. I'd have a little more confidence in my original evaluation. And, honestly, I would just feel bad to do that. 

But I kind of separate personal feelings from my opinions on coaches. I doubt I would like any SEC coach on a personal level. 

Yeah me nether, but if you want to ride with your guy you know I understand that too, but we don't have to make it that the current guy was crap. Just he want his guy but no you wasn't seeing he never had his guys out there and they didn't know what to do and all that....one random guy said it and everybody got behind it.....and I feel like that's our fanbase...gullible as hell

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Yeah me nether, but if you want to ride with your guy you know I understand that too, but we don't have to make it that the current guy was crap. Just he want his guy but no you wasn't seeing he never had his guys out there and they didn't know what to do and all that....one random guy said it and everybody got behind it.....and I feel like that's our fanbase...gullible as hell

Just people. Not any different than any other FA base. Sometimes people just jump to wrong conclusions. We all jump to conclusions. Some of us just miss sometimes. I don’t think this fan base is any more gullible than any other.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cole256 said:

No doubt about it. No point in having a discussion board otherwise.

I like Harsin and I will continue to complain about things he does that I don't like. Because that's interesting to me, for whatever reason. This is supposed to be entertainment. 

5 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Just people. Not any different than any other FA base. Sometimes people just jump to wrong conclusions. We all jump to conclusions. Some of us just miss sometimes. I don’t think this fan base is any more gullible than any other.

Completely agree. Not different than any other fanbase or any other large group of people.