Harsin Philosophy Beginning to take shape?

autiger88

3 minutes ago, AUx said:

When you can get to a point where you're not bailing water and those around you aren't shooting more holes in your boat, you can start making some steam.

👍

1 minute ago, WFE12 said:

I think so

I get why you posted this but Im not one that likes to compare coaches especially on first year success because each school is different, not trying to argue with you just telling you my side. 

Just remember the same team that almost lost to Georgia State at home, went to LSU and Arkansas and won. We have a lot of improvement to do, but they are capable of playing better and coached up. I think the philosophy has been there, but we are beginning to see evidence of it. Looking forward to some growth and development of the program. 

Edited by Randman5000
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

Still gonna be a process with some ups and downs but everyone has to like the direction things appear to be going

You would up this would be the case! I feel the excitement in the fan base again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUx said:

The result was better yesterday, but I would not point to it as some drastic turning point.

Agreed. It's a daily work in progress. Georgia St. was a wake up call that you better bring it every game. LSU was a huge confidence builder and voodoo breaker. Georgia a reminder that we have a long way to go. And Arkansas more improvement and an example of what happens when you execute your plays. Off week couldn't have come at a better time.

• Like 4

On point with the “philosophy” 😂

You can see the trust building by the way the players erupted when Harsin walked in the locker room.  It was a joy to see them celebrating around him.  I still don’t get the feeling he’s totally an Auburn man right now, maybe 75%, but that’s okay.  He’s doing a tremendous job and the “marriage” will only get stronger. WDE, Coach Harsin!

Edited to say that I do believe he loves our players. 😊 Let’s see when he begins to really love Auburn 100%. 

Edited by 3rdgeneration
  • Like 3
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:
4 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I still don’t get the feeling he’s totally an Auburn man right now,

I've not really thought of this.

What makes you say that and what would make you feel like he has crossed the finish line ?

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, bigbird said:

IMO, the team yesterday beats Penn State and it's not close.

I couldn't agree more.   That's why I couldn't understand the "pump the brakes, look what UGA did to us a week ago" non-sense from some.  

This team didn't all of a sudden get better lineman, a better QB, etc....no this is coaching and leadership, and it is a beautiful thing.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

On point with the “philosophy” 😂

You can see the trust building by the way the players erupted when Harsin walked in the locker room.  It was a joy to see them celebrating around him.  I still don’t get the feeling he’s totally an Auburn man right now, maybe 75%, but that’s okay.  He’s doing a tremendous job and the “marriage” will only get stronger. WDE, Coach Harsin!

Edited to say that I do believe he loves our players. 😊 Let’s see when he begins to really love Auburn 100%. 

get out of here with that crap

25 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

I've not really thought of this.

What makes you say that and what would make you feel like he has crossed the finish line ?

Honestly, I don’t know.  It may be more of a measure of how I feel about him than how he feels about Auburn.  It took me a while to warm up to Chizik and again to Gus.  So that’s probably it. Maybe it’s that he needs to experience the whole season and understand the gauntlet that we face each year in the SEC. I just want to see that he LOVES Auburn.  Not sure what that would look like.  

Don’t get me wrong, I am all in on Harsin.  He has definitely won me over as a good coach. I love the straight forward attitude and the high expectations. I just want to know he will want to stay and really build something here. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

IMO, the team yesterday beats Penn State and it's not close.

Shoot they beat UGA too imo

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I'm very pleased so far. I've seen the change in attitude with the team since game one. It's just about being consistent like Harsin always says. This season was and is huge for several reasons. 1. Harsin gotta prove to recruits he can hang at this level. 2. Harsin getting stability with possible administrative changes coming. 3. Getting the good ole boys on his side with some old school football (Bobo helps here imo). So far, I would say Harsin has more than proved he can coach with the big dogs. It's just about recruiting at this point. Needs guys who fit these systems. This week is huge for that, and Harsin proving he can win at this level has and will really help with this class imo

• Like 3

So, are we saying before we get too attached, we gotta lay it down to Hars like this?

giphy.gif

Edited by AUx
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, AUx said:

Marcello is CLEARLY saying that the Arkansas victory showed that Harsin has extracted the Platonic universal potential of the players to manifest the Aristotelian form of their skilled play. As Marcello indicates, there is no doubt that the whole NCAAF world is abuzz about how "Be the Ball" was a brilliant nod to the epistemological noumena of Kant and Schoppenhauer. In his voluminous treatise, Marcello goes on to show that the dissolution of the absolute sovereign, as Hobbes predicted, has produced a functional social contract from which to build the team. People are probably impressed by how Marcello interweaves the theme of Descartes and methodological skepticism illustred in Harsin's injection of the Copernican "Be 1 and 0" concept. I'm not sure I tracked Marcello's tangent on Mill and the whole utilitarian thing, but I believe I see where he is going with the Oedipal conflict theme

So, yes! Yes indeed, yesterday was clearly evidence of Harsin's schema, as Marcello so eloquently shows. We all now point to October 16 as our bodhi of Harsin's Mencius method. I just wish Marcello was more brief and plainspoken in his points.

“I like the way you talk.”

- Karl from Slingblade

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Speaking of philosophy, how crazy is it that through 6 games our TIGHT ENDS have combined for 33 receptions?? Who knew they could be used in the passing game? 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 1auburn1 said:

“I like the way you talk.”

- Karl from Slingblade

Danke schön.

"Gee Mister Lamarr, you use your mouth prettier than a twenty dollar ...."

- Taggart (Slim Pickens), Blazing Saddles

• Like 1

I like the direction and obvious improvement every day, and adjustments coaches are making...

One thing that I think is HUGE, that will be different... and may start seeing as soon as after this by week... is being more prepared after a layoff... and also ready to play a team that has an extra week to prepare against us too...

How many times with the last regime were we completely unprepared and not ready to play and uninspired in a bowl game,  even as the other team was prepared and had obviously studied what we do and schemed against us...

we just did the same thing and expected it to somehow work against a good team that had prepared and schemed for what we would obviously do...

I think all that ends with Harsin.

we may or may not win... but we will be prepared and ready to play 4 quarters, and if we have an extra week... or a month to prepare for a bowl, i think these coaches will have the team ready with a good plan to execute and adjustments relative to the team we have to play.

• Like 3