Transfer Quarterbacks Being Tracked

Zeek

51 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

If he doesn’t commit to USC today I’d say that’s very good news 

You hearing any new info on CW. Wonder why he hasn't announced for USC yet

14 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

They would definitely be good recruits, but I assumed we were talking about starting. Not sure they are favorable for that.

You make a fair point. Geriner is that kind of dude and we're clearly putting in a lot of work to avoid starting him as a true freshman. 

I agree that the staff is likely still looking for a guy they hope will compete for and ultimately win the job in 2022, and that a guy who can do that will likely have some experience under his belt. Dart certainly qualifies. He'd be a home run.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, WarEagle2 said:

Hopefully we don't pass up on 5* transfers cause they haven't played yet.

Dart wasn't a 5*

9 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Who is the lawyer Guy? Whats the connection

A guy on Reddit that claims to have inside sources. Posted a screenshot an hour ago that said he’s visiting UCLA and Auburn this week but has since deleted it 

• Dislike 1

11 minutes ago, fredst said:

Vandagriff was though

And Dart might as well have been. 10th ranked QB in his class and 69th overall player. 

Recruiting analysts are flipping coins when it gets that close. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

A guy on Reddit that claims to have inside sources. Posted a screenshot an hour ago that said he’s visiting UCLA and Auburn this week but has since deleted it 

Too late for him to plead the fifth.

37 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Dart wasn't a 5*

He has been upgraded to a 5* in the transfer portal just FYI.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Too late for him to plead the fifth.

Not sure if he deleted it or if it was deleted by a mod.

He's been adamant for the last few days, even in spite of the USC uniform pics. Personally I don't see why he'd visit UCLA considering their QB is returning. But hey, what do I know?

4 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

He's been adamant for the last few days, even in spite of the USC uniform pics. Personally I don't see why he'd visit UCLA considering their QB is returning. But hey, what do I know?

There used to be a great falafel place across the street.

8 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Technically we also have a returning QB. 🥴

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Every other team in the West has to play bama and will have to play uga if they make it to Atlanta. Having one game on the regular season schedule that is tougher doesn't even begin to offset the inferior resources that Arkansas and the Mississippis have. And expectations don't make it harder for Harsin to sell Auburn to recruits than it is for Sam Pittman to sell Arkansas. 

And a massive reason that both have been able to do that is because they're located in the exact same region we are.

That still doesn't make it harder for Auburn to win than it is for the vast majority of FBS schools. In fact, quite the opposite is true.

Except they're not, really. Literally all anyone talks about is how amazing those programs are and how we're lucky to have taken 3 skins off saban in the last 10 years. Beating them is a badge of honor currently, not an expectation. 

Straight up beating uga for GA kids is tough, no doubt. But the thing is, there are more blue chip kids in GA than they can take. Add in AL, FL, MS and now LA- because we are suddenly killing it there- and we have an embarrassment of riches at our fingertips. That's what the "toughest job" talk ignores. We are in, by far, the most fertile recruiting soil in the country. 

Don't let the fact that we have historically hired no-name bums fool you. You need to pay more attention to the fact that every coach going back 40 years had a national title, a national title-caliber season, and/or an undefeated season. Dye was straight up robbed, Bowden was on probation, Tubs was screwed out of a chance by sheer bad luck, Chizik won the thing, and Malzahn was one play away. And I just listed a bunch of *nobodies*. Dye was nobody before he came here. Bowden, Chizik and Malzahn are nobodies, period.  Tubs was a nobody as soon as he left. The Boise guy is, by far, the most pedigreed of the bunch. 

We've already seen more groundwork laid in the last year than we did in the 10 years prior combined. All we needed was a normal, modern coach to come in and do things the right way. It's happening. Enjoy it!

A lot of people confuse toughest schedule with toughest job. 

Vanderbilt is by far the toughest job in the SEC. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

There used to be a great falafel place across the street.

In Westwood?  Are you talking about Falafel King?  

33 minutes ago, cbo said:

Yup.

I'd really love for someone to calculate the average distance of each Boise player from Boise, ID, do the same for Auburn, and then compare. Just another example of the kinds of things that can make a job difficult. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cbo said:

I am one of the ones who said Auburn was one of the toughest jobs but when you posted this and I thought about it.  Play in SEC but super high academic standards that makes getting top players super difficult. While Auburn schedule is tougher anybody playing in SEC has a tough schedule and then having a huge recruiting dis-advantage and you are right.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I am one of the ones who said Auburn was one of the toughest jobs but when you posted this and I thought about it.  Play in SEC but super high academic standards that makes getting top players super difficult. While Auburn schedule is tougher anybody playing in SEC has a tough schedule and then having a huge recruiting dis-advantage and you are right.

Getting top players to any school except a relatively small handful is a problem. It's not just Vandy in the big bad SEC. There are crap teams in every conference that might as well be playing uga or bama every week. 

Auburn might be a tougher job than our rival schools' jobs are but it's an easier job than most. 

Actully, Zach Calzada tells you everything you need to know. Did we even have to get in the car to land this guy?

3 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

Ok.   So this Dart kid looks pretty good.   Maybe we should (or already have) pursue him.   Maybe CBH can use that Northwest connection to bring him to the plains!

We're evaluating him. There wasn't really any pursuing to be done until this week because I don't think anyone saw him transferring. I'm not sure even he knew he was transferring before this week. And he still might not be. Putting his name in the portal might just be insurance in case USC does land Williams. 

And I don't know how much Harsin's NW connections help us with a Utah kid playing football in southern California, but having an NFL QB coach and a wide open QB spot in the SEC might. 

The Drive just reported that CW was heading to UCLA for a visit, and then is headed to Georgia to listen to their offer. If that is true, I wonder if he forgo his AU visit, and changed it to GA?

So it looks like is will not announce until after these visits. All signs still point to USC. Ucla's starting QB is not entering the draft, means that  UCLA is out for CW it seems.

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

The Drive just reported that CW was heading to UCLA for a visit, and then is headed to Georgia to listen to their offer. If that is true, I wonder if he forgo his AU visit, and changed it to GA?

So it looks like is will not announce until after these visits. All signs still point to USC. Ucla's starting QB is not entering the draft, means that  UCLA is out for CW it seems.

Better USC than GA. Could you imagine their fan base if they win a National Championship AND get the top transfer in the portal? I’d be absolutely sick, but not surprised. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

On top of extreme recruiting difficulties, they have zero homefield advantage. When I've attended AU games there, I've almost felt bad for them. 

12 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Better USC than GA. Could you imagine their fan base if they win a National Championship AND get the top transfer in the portal? I’d be absolutely sick, but not surprised. 

If the rumors are true that Stetson Bennett is staying then I don't see CW wanting to come to GA. He seems like he just wants to see the new national championship parting and celebrating...