* Official Auburn vs. Houston Game Thread *

abw0004

2 minutes ago, SuperAUsome09 said:

spin.gif.a997dbbd2f38012553a2c3201efb77fe.gif

I'm trying to find a positive spin after this game...I got nothin!

Really liked harsin's approach to play calling, but oline blunders and execution just weren't there. Heck we had 3 or 4 sure TD shots that were overthrown 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

To everyone who complained about Bo. Hope you are happy.

Still extremely glad he’s gone.  Won’t miss his on the field or sideline tantrums and publicly calling out his team mates.  He easily could have left without all of the drama, but chose not to do so.  Bye, bye Bo!!!

• Like 2

We need to just get his guys in here . Defense played great. Got to execute in the redzone. No excuses for that. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Never2Yield said:

Not that bad, but yeah a rough season.

Here is to hoping next season is the beginning of a long era of Auburn Dominance.

Just now, au701948 said:

Well I am pretty sure that Harsin called the 2 ill-advised bomb attempts when we intercepted UH at the 50 and a 3 point lead. But, no we don't try and achieve a few first downs and add to the momentum. Harsin cannot look to the press box and fire the OC because he has already killed that sacrificial goat! I am all for being aggresive, but only when you can back it up with results. JMHO

I loved the calls, just poor execution.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Well this game stayed the course for the end of the season. Another disappointing loss. Almost but not quite.....maybe Harsin can use that for his next lame slogan. 

mediAUcre

AUmost

Get your pins now.

• Haha 2

Just now, au701948 said:

Well I am pretty sure that Harsin called the 2 ill-advised bomb attempts when we intercepted UH at the 50 and a 3 point lead. But, no we don't try and achieve a few first downs and add to the momentum. Harsin cannot look to the press box and fire the OC because he has already killed that sacrificial goat! I am all for being aggresive, but only when you can back it up with results. JMHO

Ill advised?  We had guys wide open.  Play call was fine.  TJ missed the receiver.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Have you lost your damn mind???

Probably. awful damn season . No way around it . Harsin has been a butting disappointment 

9 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

Harsin will get his time, but I’m not at all impressed with what he’s done this season.

I don’t know how anyone would be…he’s a functioning set of brain cells in Lane Kiffin from having no good wins and a season that wouldn’t have even been able to reach the lofty Birmingham Bowl expectations

He deserves at least two more seasons, but I doubt he’ll get that second if we get this again 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, AUStew87 said:

Makes you wonder if Bobo was just the fall guy. They can say Harsin is changing the culture at AU and he very may be doing that, however, I see a lot of similarity between him and Gus. This team was just flat out stale today, especially on the offensive side. I am just glad this season has come to an end. 

People don’t want to see his bad decision making. Again he didn’t rebuild Boise and I am trying to figure out why so much confidence. The tight end around with your slowest guy is another head scratcher 

5 minutes ago, Mcbowen327 said:

Its according to which story one is trying to tell

The story is absence of football knowledge. The Nix pass you refer to was high, but not even face level. Had it just been a drop, it would have been forgotten. Finley's pass was a bullet that hit the top of the kid's helmet. Much harder to catch. Finley is awful. Period. Longest career completion was a 51 yd SCREEN pass. OL missing three was no help today, but even when he had time, he was awful. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

Sorry friend but Bo made little difference. Same ole chit today minus the toxicity that came with Prince Bo. The problems are players all over the offense and a little on defense. A higher standard across the board is only thing that will change this. In player personnel and coaching. We’ve all seen better it’s just been a minute. Go watch some ole Auburn games of the 80’s 90’s and 2000’s. Auburn better hurry though. Times a ticking.  

• Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Simple…poor execution from the QB position cost us the game. The overthrows, underthrows, and just plain misses. Love the kid but he is is missing the “it” factor to be a big time SEC QB. Maybe he gets it after more repetitions but I am not too optimistic he can play any better than he has shown the last 3 games, including today

Poor execution everywhere along with some key bad calls at crucial times from the officials. Hats off to Houston. They were the only people on the field that did their jobs today. Because our coaches and players didn’t, and the officials didn’t.

1 minute ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Probably. awful damn season . No way around it . Harsin has been a butting disappointment 

Bad season sure.  But 2012 bad?  Not by a long shot.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

Was that not him out there today? Looked an awful lot like his throws out there. 🤷‍♂️ I’m just glad we didn’t lose to Ga state.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, AUGnome said:

So do we blame Finley for that last throw that hit the receiver's hands like we did Nix? I'm confused 🤔

He threw a freaking bullet to him on a 5 yard slant. 🤔 

1 minute ago, jptiger said:

Sorry friend but Bo made little difference. Same ole chit today minus the toxicity that came with Prince Bo. The problems are players all over the offense and a little on defense. A higher standard across the board is only thing that will change this. In player personnel and coaching. We’ve all seen better it’s just been a minute. Go watch some ole Auburn games of the 80’s 90’s and 2000’s. Auburn better hurry though. Times a ticking.  

I think we pull out a win with Bo in there. But it would’ve been a sloppy win. 

• Like 1

Two questions. Can Austin Davis teach guys how to throw a deep ball, and can the next QB please throw a freaking pretty deep ball. If Bo and TJ could've done that, this season wouldn't have been as horrible. Frustrating

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

Bad season sure.  But 2012 bad?  Not by a long shot.

You are correct. I’m acting like a child . A whinny baby . Thanks Brad 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, EagleEye67 said:

but did he give his all for AU?

If he did, he’ll be sure to make a video talking about it and saying it’s time for him to make decisions for himself for once. Lol. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, AUStew87 said:

Makes you wonder if Bobo was just the fall guy. They can say Harsin is changing the culture at AU and he very may be doing that, however, I see a lot of similarity between him and Gus. This team was just flat out stale today, especially on the offensive side. I am just glad this season has come to an end. 

The offense wasn’t just Bobo’s fault. It was Harsin’s too, I’ve been saying that all year and kept getting backlash on it. Harsin is an offensive coach so if it’s not performing up to expectations then it’s on him too

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

There it is! I was waiting. Thanks for the laugh. 

We have a few days before new year's resolutions. Some people are getting in all those last little statements before making the "I'm gonna do better" promises start. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1