Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Thanks for the response. 

Personally, I'm hoping that Auburn can get a better coach that will actually help us win games, and do it without having to pay him money he didn't earn. Whether or not Harsin did anything that explicitly violates the terms of his contract, he's negligent in his duties to build a winning football program.

Won't argue with ya there. I guess I'm just more so sick of how this drama constantly happens at AU and am glad to see someone hold their ground. I don't care who to blame or defend, but it's ridiculous. Every year it seems

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Old fan 47 said:

That’s my point. Media is the ruination of society, but that doesn’t mean that each side doesn’t or shouldn’t share blame. The coaches taking pay cuts to leave is more worrisome than some former players whining that it was too tough for them. Why do you think a number of them that hit the portal went running back home to undisciplined team leader GM? Being a great HS player doesn’t necessarily translate into being worth a crap in college and then the same goes for college to pro. Players that couldn’t take the coaching heat is one thing and to me is acceptable, but if he did anything unethical, that’s a whole different story. As I stated in posts before he coached the first game, it’s going to come down to recruiting. If in fact due diligence was done correctly, then a lack of recruiting ability and or results on the field will partially also rest on those that approved the hiring. Then again, since TT there seems to be a lot of unrest in the decisions on head coaches. Eventually the AU way will completely make AU in football irrelevant. Honestly, most teams in the West improved year over year the last three, with the exception of AU. Just my opinion on the circus. 

Having a difficult time understanding the face plant emojis, but then again it’s all about opinions. 

12 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I know the response to this post will be something along the lines of "he did this to himself," or "it comes with the territory," but I do feel bad for the guy. His job has been placed in limbo, very publicly, amidst salacious rumors and speculation, all while he was on vacation with his family, and here he is still trying to do his JOB as cameras are shoved into his face. I want what's best for Auburn football just like everyone else, but I feel very strongly that what is happening to Bryan Harsin is shameful. Maybe something comes out about him that makes me change my mind, but if Bryan Harsin is simply a bit of an a**hole, whose own philosophy in coaching and recruiting has created his downfall, what's happening to him is wrong. Dead wrong. 

I'm not a BOT boogie man theorist, but it seems obvious to me that there have been some serious miscalculations made during this process, such that this "investigation" is still ongoing, with little to no clarity from the Athletic Department or the University, and now a week after stories first broke. 

And after all of this he is a dead man walking. I just wonder what the President and BOT are thinking to let this go on. They found nothing in the investigation that would warrant firing him with cause… so what is the play now? Hope he doesn’t cooperate? No idea why they are prolonging this.. just fire him and pay him. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AuMarine said:

And after all of this he is a dead man walking. I just wonder what the President and BOT are thinking to let this go on. They found nothing in the investigation that would warrant firing him with cause… so what is the play now? Hope he doesn’t cooperate? No idea why they are prolonging this.. just fire him and pay him. 

Probably planning to wait to fire him after 5:00pm tomorrow.  

Or maybe 3 minutes after the last ESPN vehicle leaves this weekend.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AuMarine said:

I would imagine that the University is following its own procedures with regard to investigations of employees, meanwhile trying to negotiate Harsin's departure. Evidently those negotiations aren't going well. Each day this drags on, the less likely Auburn is able to fire him for cause, IMO. The fact that they are allegedly negotiating with him at all sends a pretty strong signal that they don't have a good case. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I know the response to this post will be something along the lines of "he did this to himself," or "it comes with the territory," but I do feel bad for the guy. His job has been placed in limbo, very publicly, amidst salacious rumors and speculation, all while he was on vacation with his family, and here he is still trying to do his JOB as cameras are shoved into his face. I want what's best for Auburn football just like everyone else, but I feel very strongly that what is happening to Bryan Harsin is shameful. Maybe something comes out about him that makes me change my mind, but if Bryan Harsin is simply a bit of an a**hole, whose own philosophy in coaching and recruiting has created his downfall, what's happening to him is wrong. Dead wrong. 

I'm not a BOT boogie man theorist, but it seems obvious to me that there have been some serious miscalculations made during this process, such that this "investigation" is still ongoing, with little to no clarity from the Athletic Department or the University, and now a week after stories first broke. 

I agree with this. I have no I’ll will towards Harsin on a personal level and I’m sure he’s not a bad guy, but it’s obvious he’s not the right coach for AU and AU isn’t the right job for Harsin.

I wish the University would just give him his full buyout and get this over with and let us all move on

• Like 4

I hope we can all agree that whether you are pro-Harsin or against, that the man has to the right to make decisions that are going to benefit him.  Of course he  didn't talk to the media today, what the hell would he say?  I am sure he got multiple texts from his people(lawyers, agents) telling him to just be quiet, so no I don't think that was cowardly, it was a man doing exactly what he needs to do for himself and his family.   Just saying.... 

• Like 8

32 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Yup and Harsin called their bluff so now pony up the full buyout or we will be set back 4 years

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Probably planning to wait to fire him after 5:00pm tomorrow.  

Or maybe 3 minutes after the last ESPN vehicle leaves this weekend.  

I'd fire him as soon as the ball tips Saturday

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, au302 said:

Won't argue with ya there. I guess I'm just more so sick of how this drama constantly happens at AU and am glad to see someone hold their ground. I don't care who to blame or defend, but it's ridiculous. Every year it seems

Likewise can't argue. 

Not to put words in your mouth, but I have sensed that a lot of people don't even care who this guy is. He just happens to be the guy fighting against the ptb at the moment.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, aublue88 said:

I hope we can all agree that whether you are pro-Harsin or against, that the man has to the right to make decisions that are going to benefit him.  Of course he  didn't talk to the media today, what the hell would he say?  I am sure he got multiple texts from his people(lawyers, agents) telling him to just be quiet, so no I don't think that was cowardly, it was a man doing exactly what he needs to do for himself and his family.   Just saying.... 

Exactly. There is absolutely nothing he could say that wouldn't add fuel to the fire. The less material the media have to work with, the better. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Viper said:

I stated that exact point WEEKS ago…LONG before these allegations…and was hung from the oaks by many here. Pretty sure the buffoon who you quoted donated the rope. After someone yanked his head from his ass, NOW he sees the direction Harsin had us going??? Freaking please.

Unbelievable how both Rick Flairs go missing for days and then suddenly reappear.  Tell us again about how the money guys had their checkbooks out.....?   And are you at all familiar with the term "monkey humping a football"?

28 minutes ago, cbo said:

Both sides of this argument are wrong. Incredible!

reminds me of this...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Harsin character and personality critics- Have any of you collected a personality test or know his enneagram results???? Spent extended time with him and know him as person???? 

If the answer is no then its probably a good idea to pump the breaks on all the character and personality criticisms. Piecing together rumor, crap journalism and distant speculation in order to pile on a person when they are down lacks character in of itself. 

Harsin has had issues ( big ones) as the head coach at Auburn in his first year. Some of which are absolutely his fault and some of which are not. 

There is no perfect coaching fit happening in Auburn football. It’s a seriously difficult job under some very serious pressure with a fanbase who often is seriously delusional in regard to its expectations. 

I’m just hoping now with the pieces that as scattered we can put something positive together with those pieces and move forward. I’m hoping this for both Harsin and for our team. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 4

I bet Harsin went to sec meetings like the guy who just turned in his two week notice . He’s just fartin around and has zero cares 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

No, no, nope, wrong, nope nope nope.

Auburn gave him everything he needed to recruit and do his job. He just didn't do it. That was the case well before all this started and that is the real reason we're here now. This guy was offered every bit of assistance he could ever want and he told everyone who offered to kick rocks.

Everyone really needs to keep this in mind. We are only here because Harsin has our program going in the wrong direction and fast. 

If anyone's unsure on the timeline, this started the night of NSD, when we signed exactly 0 new scholarship players and actually lost an emerging player at a position of need to the portal. 

I guess what I’m trying to figure out is, if almost everyone on this forum knows exactly everything that went on and why and all of that, then why is he still here?

23 minutes ago, aublue88 said:

Of course he  didn't talk to the media today,

He may not have talked to the local media, but pretty sure he’s talking to Thamel still because he came out with another story this evening. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I bet Harsin went to sec meetings like the guy who just turned in his two week notice . He’s just fartin around and has zero cares 

Like the movie office space 

15 minutes ago, auburnfaithful72 said:

If you want to fire him fire him but only if you can get a good replacement lined up if not wait and fire him next January 

Someone on the donor board did some math and with how his contract is structured it would actually save Auburn about $1.5M to go ahead and fire him now.   You save $3.5M on his buyout next year but then you are paying another $5M in salary. 

• Like 3

A lot of people, at least on other sites, seemed to get misled because there was a notion that the PTB's were united in this. A common sentence thrown around was "just wait until they get a guy in they're united behind."

These folks don't seem to be able to get on the same page for what to order for lunch at their meetings. When you go for the throat like they are, you better get it or be willing to pay up big time. You can't miss and expect things to go back to normal. In a power struggle one side wins and the other loses. If Harsin wins I don't see how there are not changes

35 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I would imagine that the University is following its own procedures with regard to investigations of employees, meanwhile trying to negotiate Harsin's departure. Evidently those negotiations aren't going well. Each day this drags on, the less likely Auburn is able to fire him for cause, IMO. The fact that they are allegedly negotiating with him at all sends a pretty strong signal that they don't have a good case. 

I agree and I highly doubt he will settle for anything less than what his buyout is especially if they have nothing..and I am sure he is trying to get money for his assistants as well.. 

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Is he still employed by Auburn? So then I guess he isn’t fired. 

You earlier replied that “there’s no one stopping them from firing him”

It’s certainly possible that the BOT or university attorneys have instructed the administration not to fire him until the investigation uncovers all the facts.  In that case he would still be employed!

You obviously don’t put much thought into your posts prior to pulling the trigger.  If you did so, you wouldn’t look so naive, but I guess you and your buddies have come up with something to keep that post count up so that you can masquerade as insiders.  

Edited by gctiger
  • Dislike 1