Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

1 hour ago, metafour said:

No, he didn't. I would advise you to not make things up.

Jeff Lee has been banning people who kept bringing up that rumor. That rumor DID NOT start, nor was it spread by ANY Auburn beat writer.

Just stop.

As I was. 

My intention was not to make things up, just voice frustration with this whole thing.

I am cool with admitting when I am wrong.

• Like 1

Just a shot in the dark...

Could be we are back channeling potential HC’s and we haven’t got the answer yet.
They will fire him without cause, just not until they think they have a viable replacement. So we wait..

1 minute ago, jknighton said:

Losing games, poor recruiting, running off your subordinates, losing more players to the portal than gaining? Those are all facts. Fire him for that if you will. That's all I'm saying.

That's my stance. 😎

2 minutes ago, WarEagleT said:

First rule of holes- when you're in one quit digging. If it was in bad taste don't defend it. 

Dude stop.  That twitter post was pretty innocuous.  The alleged person and/or her family have way bigger internet problems than that.  Find another hill.

27 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

If you had any integrity or character, you would admit you made a mistake.  You would take responsibility.  You should never have posted what you did if you did not have complete faith in your source.  This is the real problem, wanting to be the message board hero regardless of what it means to anyone else, people putting their interests ahead of the interest of Auburn. 

My bad though, I gave you the benefit of the doubt.  You will never get me again though.  Your credibility score is too far into the negative.  Unless of course, you simply stand by your post/your source or, apologize for your post.  You know, basic, fundamental decency.

wtf-damn.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Just a shot in the dark...

Could be we are back channeling potential HC’s and we haven’t got the answer yet.
They will fire him without cause, just not until they think they have a viable replacement. So we wait..

Seems like that would be a very quick way to get in trouble, but nothing surprises me

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I am a member there, and while I may not be a huge fan of Hoke, I don't recall this at all. He reported that Harsin's future was in jeopardy. He also commented about not slandering these people on anything more than an unsubstantiated rumor. 

I am cool with being wrong. It was never my intention to make things worse. If he did not, then I would rather be wrong than right.

I hate it when people knowingly spread stuff. I hate that I might have unknowingly perpetuated the myth when voicing my frustration.

Just now, au302 said:

Seems like that would be a very quick way to get in trouble, but nothing surprises me

Done properly, everyone has plausible deniability. So tampering wouldn’t be an issue 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

If you had any integrity or character, you would admit you made a mistake.  You would take responsibility.  You should never have posted what you did if you did not have complete faith in your source.  This is the real problem, wanting to be the message board hero regardless of what it means to anyone else, people putting their interests ahead of the interest of Auburn. 

My bad though, I gave you the benefit of the doubt.  You will never get me again though.  Your credibility score is too far into the negative.  Unless of course, you simply stand by your post/your source or, apologize for your post.  You know, basic, fundamental decency.

He's alive and can type the world must be coming to an end....

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Too funny, because I'm actually at that point in my life (read: home ownership and parenthood) where I daydream about something just like that for a 3rd vehicle. 

Do it brother! You can find them with a good restoration and mild performance build for less than someone would go and pay for a new Yukon or something. Do it!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Holy Toledo I don't believe it bird has got to see this 

Do I get credit for raising the dead? (LOL)

Edited by Proud Tiger

4 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

He's alive and can type the world must be coming to an end....

Not just that, he just flamed the hell out of proud too

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Did he say he was Harsin’s dad?

No he just identified himself as Dale from Boise. He just kept saying Harsin needs players that love the game and wasn't going to be "starstruck" (which apparently is Harsin-Family-speak for: blue-collar > blue-chip).

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, DAG said:

Speaking of Kiffin, his own brother just back tracked from being the DC at Ole Miss after a month and now has returned back to Cleveland Browns in order to be the defensive line coach once again. So cut him for future consideration of the job. Dude can't even hold on to his own brother [ yellow font]

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33260780/chris-kiffin-leaves-ole-miss-football-coaching-staff-one-month-returns-cleveland-browns-sources-say

Hopefully there was no exit interview.

17 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Dude stop.  That twitter post was pretty innocuous.  The alleged person and/or her family have way bigger internet problems than that.  Find another hill.

You used the word Dude- you're irrelevant to the point being made.  If 10,000 people repeat an unsubstantiated rumor on social media, or defend it, they're complicit. Think Harsin's wife and kids think it's funny, especially if untrue? 

My best friend died on a hill in a real war. Go away with your find another hill nonsense..."Dude". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 3

26 minutes ago, WarEagleT said:

First rule of holes- when you're in one quit digging. If it was in bad taste don't defend it. 

Ardently disagree. Jokes of all kind can be funny. Whether dark, disagreeable, stereotypes, etc. Nothing is off limits in comedy. Hell many of the biggest comics today come from the domain of sexist, racist, bad taste humor. 

• Facepalm 1