Head Coaching Search 2022

Zeek

1 minute ago, AEAugirl said:

What credentials are you speaking of that would qualify Deion Sanders to run an SEC program? 

He knows lots of people and he is Prime Time!!   

Auburn would never hire him because well, Auburn.  But he is gonna get his shot and is gonna kill it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, AEAugirl said:

What credentials are you speaking of that would qualify Deion Sanders to run an SEC program? 

Why don't you tell us what he needs? That's all we hear is he does not have this and that so what is it that he needs? What does he need to satisfy you as in qualifications? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hay Field 101 said:

Why don't you tell us what he needs? That's all we hear is he does not have this and that so what is it that he needs? What does he need to satisfy you as in qualifications? 

More than two years coaching would be a start.  

Just because you were a successful NFL player does not mean that is going to translate to be successful at running a D1 program. 

Just now, AEAugirl said:

More than two years coaching would be a start.  

Just because you were a successful NFL player does not mean that is going to translate to be successful at running a D1 program. 

Why would that be "a start?"  All of the other candidates have the two years you are asking for and they have not done squat but work under someone else or get fired.  Why are people scared of Prime Time? Its like taboo or something 

4 minutes ago, Hay Field 101 said:

Why would that be "a start?"  All of the other candidates have the two years you are asking for and they have not done squat but work under someone else or get fired.  Why are people scared of Prime Time? Its like taboo or something 

I think a lot of the apprehension is because his attitude was as big as his play for years and years. But from the looks of it, that same attitude (personality) is what makes him a great recruiter and respected threat in the coaching ranks. 

Edit: There's also no love lost between Auburn fans and Florida State lol

Edited by AUFightingSoldiers

Leave Deion alone. He is doing great things where he is at and in the HBCU world, which he set out to do in the first place. Further more, that medium allows prime to be prime. Y'all are already upset with the current coach relations with Auburn folk. You think Prime going to Kow-tow to what some of these folks have to say?

Edited by DAG
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Hay Field 101 said:

Ok I am starting to see now. I reckon that we don't want anyone with that type of flash and credentials coming to Auburn. We just want to continue the JABA way. I keep reading all the comments about other people's baggage but apparently Prime doesn't have any and he has  to " prove himself " whatever the hell that means to a certain few.   I like the guy, we need a change. We need to break out and have some flash and a little bang bang not a damn thing wrong with it other than the g-paw fire barrel spitters that just must continue the tradition of old school ways.

Oh no, we can't have that. We can't have someone who can recruit on a level with a TAMU, UGa, dare I say bama, or have someone who would instantly relate to the kids he is recruiting and signing them up left and right. Can't have that. Besides, he doesn't know anything about O and D schemes or coaching football don't you know.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

It has nothing to do with that.

It has everything to do with the fact he’s only been coaching….period….for two years.  

Just because he was a great NFL player doesn’t qualify him for an SEC HC job.  And I’m not sure he would be able to pull in the quality of coaches that you think he would. 

You're showing how little you know about Deon Sanders. Anyone in the NFL will return his phone calls (current and former coaches and players) and he has numerous relationships in college coaching circles- he's given a lot back to the game at all levels of football. He would have no problem assembling a highly competent coaching staff. 

In just two seasons he turned around a team that still has little talent, and been through I think 5 or 6 losing seasons. Think they won 11 games this year, his second after a first season shortened by Covid. So a complete rebuild in two seasons. 

If you understood the culture he would attract and how kids would kill to play for him, then you'd realize what a superstar recruiter he would be for Auburn. Hell he recently signed the #1 high school player in the country, who had previously committed to Fla State, Deon's alma mater. 

Too scary for Auburn though.  Good luck with whatever retread assistant SEC coach the bubba boosters will hire. Steele! Muschamp! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Leave Deion alone. He is doing great things where he is at and in the HBCU world, which he set out to do in the first place. Further more, that medium allows prime to be prime. Y'all are already upset with the current coach relations with Auburn folk. You think Prime going to cow-tow to what some of these folks have to say?

I hear ya but I think he is exactly what we need. He would do a fantastic job for us. 

• Love 1

32 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

Oh my God, NO.  As much of a train wreck this program is now, that's who you would pick?  That would be a disaster of epic proportions.  I want nothing to do with Hugh Freeze or Kevin Steele or Muschamp, but Sanders would be #4 on that DO NOT EVER WANT IN AUBURN list.

Specifics please about why you think he would not do well. 

Just now, IronMan70 said:

I hear ya but I think he is exactly what we need. He would do a fantastic job for us. 

Yes he would if people let him do him, but I don't trust that would happen.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, WarEagleT said:

Specifics please about why you think he would not do well. 

i don't care b/c i don't have any say in the matter....but maybe that poster just doesn't like deion sanders, period.  have fun guys and gals!

6 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

It would be just like our bunch to go after Steele.  Thats what I expect.

That's kinda what I took out of the information that it was Steele or Matt Ruhle. Cuz I don't think it's Ruhle.

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yes he would if people let him do him, but I don't trust that would happen.

I think it could, I think Deion would be able to get full control but that's just me. 

He would do wonders for Auburn. 

1 hour ago, AEAugirl said:

Yep, that was Freeze 😂  He coached Liberty’s opener from the hospital AND held a press conference 😂

93E83D16-D81F-439F-835A-161157B02BC9.jpeg

7FECA3BC-1C21-4EA3-B633-810B16F331AC.png

This makes me laugh every time I see it. 

Let’s go Coach Bed Sore!!!!!

1 minute ago, autiger88 said:

I think it could, I think Deion would be able to get full control but that's just me. 

Him getting full control is exactly why I dont think they would ok it.

2 minutes ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

This right here. 

4 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

I will have to disagree my brother. I would love for him to get a chance and people get out the way however. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I will have to disagree my brother. I would love for him to get a chance and people get out the way however. 

I know it's the Auburn way,  but I don't know maybe it's the hope in me but I really do think they would and let him do his thing. 

5 minutes ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

Yeah yeah I know but one can dream right 😂

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, au302 said:

If we can't compare Urban to BP than don't see how we can do the same for Freeze. Seriously, people on here were outraged about Harsin's daughters attire at games. Imagine the outcry if we hire Hugh, regardless of if he's been punished. Back up the brinks to Fickell, Rhule, and Aranda in that order. When they say no, hire Grimes or Lebby

The only coach out there that can compare to Pearl is Kiften. The reason I say that is he is a guy that can get folks rallied up like Pearl has. He has flaws but He wins. I don’t think we have a prayer in heck of getting him without a Billion dollar buy😂 but we need to find someone on his level. Cocky, aggressive and will do what’s necessary to win. Good coaches will follow someone like that . Does anyone know a Kiften Jr prowling around out there ? 🤔