Ike Hilliard- New WR Coach

McLoofus

before i opened the thread i thought he was an lsu guy. how the mind plays tricks on us when we get older.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TigerTale said:

Totally despised him when he was playing at Florida. Probably because he was so good, and he was playing for Spurrier. But glad he's our WR coach!

As soon as I read that name I thought, "Is that damn WR from Fla?"   Honestly, I hated this guy. 

NOW - I love me some Hilliard!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That's a name, right there. I have no idea if he knows how to recruit, but I guarantee anyone in FL who grew up a UF fan - or (importantly) whose mama was a UF fan - that name will open some doors. He's just gotta come in and slam it behind him.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

before i opened the thread i thought he was an lsu guy. how the mind plays tricks on us when we get older.

You're the only one forgetting things.  

What is this thread about again? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Is this the part where Harsin starts to turn it around?

YUP

Just now, Beaker said:

You're the only one forgetting things.  

What is this thread about again? 

this place is so much more fun when we all show a little love and patience. i have had my moments and i am trying to get better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Impressive hire from name value, hopefully it's a good one 

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

This definitely fits the 2022 or bust mentality Harsin seems to be running with. The NFL experience is encouraging, but I don't know that the guy has ever recruited and that receiver room needs some recruiting. 

That experience is probably the biggest advantage that a coach could be armed with in recruiting.

Seems cool, I’m in a wait and see approach. Hopefully he actually stays with us. Did Harsin explain to him that recruiting is tough and there’s a lot of travel? Last NFL guy didn’t seem to understand that until after he signed on the dotted line

Edited by Sizzle
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 2

28 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

That's a name, right there. I have no idea if he knows how to recruit, but I guarantee anyone in FL who grew up a UF fan - or (importantly) whose mama was a UF fan - that name will open some doors. He's just gotta come in and slam it behind him.

No doubt. I think his resume alone is going to give him instant credibility with recruits. I have a feeling he will do just fine in that department. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aucom96 said:

This definitely fits the 2022 or bust mentality Harsin seems to be running with. The NFL experience is encouraging, but I don't know that the guy has ever recruited and that receiver room needs some recruiting. 

joey-and-there-it-is.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Seems cool, I’m in a wait and see approach. Hopefully he actually stays with us. Did Harsin explain to him that recruiting is tough and there’s a lot of travel? Last NFL guy didn’t seem to understand that until after he signed on the dotted line

You seem to be a wait and act pessimistic guy from your last two sentences...

• Like 1

We get a great hire like this and still people looking hard to find the negative. Sure, he's never recruited but he played at Florida so he knows the South, and he's from a small town in Louisiana. Suffice to say that lends itself to recruiting. It's likely we just had another Eason level hire.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Didba said:

You seem to be a wait and act pessimistic guy from your last two sentences...

It’s an interesting hire. It wasn’t a doom and gloom post but Auburn football ain’t gave us much to be excited about lately. Don’t get too emotional because I’m not jumping up and down just yet on a new hire

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aucom96 said:

As @au302 said, and also what Hoke had to say 

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

i am pretty sure he understands.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

well damn. i guess i will have to expose myself as the big dummy in the old "i do not get it" department." help me out.............

4 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

It’s an interesting hire. It wasn’t a doom and gloom post but Auburn football ain’t gave us much to be excited about lately. Don’t get too emotional because I’m not jumping up and down just yet on a new hire

I'm not emotional, I could care less. 

I'm just calling you out for literally doing the opposite of what you said you would.

Wait and see means reserve judgment until we get to see the proof in the pudding. What you did was not wait and see. It was immediately focus on the only negative thay can be found with this hire while also making a jab at Harsin/Davis situation. Cmon man.

Edited by Didba
  • Like 6
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i am pretty sure he understands.

Pretty unnecessary jab don't you think?