Men vs Miami Game Thread

Maverick.AU

3 hours ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Go. There's ZERO reason for him to come back. He's just giving the standard response. Jabari did what he needed to do at AU. Congrats to him. 

Pearl will tell him to go. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WarEagle1983 said:

You're right but what concerns me is Bruce's loyalty to his guys no matter what. Flan had 1 good year and got hurt. He's a good defender but if there's someone better at that position, they should 100% be starting over him. 

Sounds like a coach we used to have in a different sport

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2

7 hours ago, e808 said:

Cambridge is good for highlight reels and not much else. Hard to access stretch and I would give Flan more time. An Achilles is a major injury and he still probably doesn’t full trust it

I would say he is also good at getting offensive rebounds.  Other than that he is not really a good shooter, I honestly can't even remember him taking a jump shot that wasn't a 3 pointer.  I don't know the exact numbers but my guess is from SEC play and on, he shot about 15% from 3.  

2 hours ago, fishepa said:

I would say he is also good at getting offensive rebounds.  Other than that he is not really a good shooter, I honestly can't even remember him taking a jump shot that wasn't a 3 pointer.  I don't know the exact numbers but my guess is from SEC play and on, he shot about 15% from 3.  

I hate to rag on the guy, but it's pretty much a turnover when he shoots it from three. He's had two games in his career where he went unconscious, but besides that absolutely awful. Love his effort, but we need small forwards that can make some shots consistently. Not even stars, just guys like Purifoy and Malik 

One thing that’s going to be lost is how good a game Wendell played on offense up until desperate crept it for the team. Didn’t force many threes, continuously put pressure on the rim, even split the double team before they could trap one time. I can’t even fault him (too much) for some of the dumb shots once it started creeping away from a 10 point hole; the entire team and staff seemingly gave up at that point. Pearl saw the screws coming undone and didn’t even think about a timeout

Back to positivity though, an offseason where dude can look at the tape and how he was being defended will hopefully inspire a counter by either him or the coaching staff