2022 5* Wing/Big Julian Phillips Commits to Vols

ellitor

Phillips posted these today but it looks kinda like Auburn gear! Hmmm?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, toddc said:

can I please take this post as a opportunity to rant?! I absolutely despise Auburn 247. They have virtually no Auburn basketball 🏀 recruiting coverage. They have to post fluff like this because they have no actual real Intel and sources like J Lee and on 3 has. Even rival's has better Auburn basketball coverage than 247. Worst Auburn site by far out of the 3 pay sites. Ok rant over and thank you for not getting off my lawn!!! 😂🤣

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, AUreo said:

He left yesterday - and should have a meeting with Ignite today.

@AUreoDidn't he tell a couple of sites he may not take any more visits?

1 hour ago, autigeremt said:

College sports is now a field of bidding wars. Crazy stuff. 

It always has been. It's just out in the open now.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Honestly? No. Recruits that post something like this usually commit and sign somewhere else to "shock the world."

@GwillMac6I wouldn't read that much into it either since almost all recruits post such type pics after nearly every visit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, toddc said:

@toddc Had already been posted on here & that was the discussion topic just before your post.

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@toddc Had already been posted on here & that was the discussion topic just before your post.

I saw the link but no pictures so I was trying to make it more accessible. Sorry 😢 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@AUreoDidn't he tell a couple of sites he may not take any more visits?

I think this is one different because it's not NCAA (it's a G League meeting, half-day presentation).

He told 247 that he has nothing scheduled for now but this could change...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

can I please take this post as a opportunity to rant?! I absolutely despise Auburn 247. They have virtually no Auburn basketball 🏀 recruiting coverage. They have to post fluff like this because they have no actual real Intel and sources like J Lee and on 3 has. Even rival's has better Auburn basketball coverage than 247. Worst Auburn site by far out of the 3 pay sites. Ok rant over and thank you for not getting off my lawn!!! 😂🤣

I think they are getting better. It's not on3 level but definitely improving... they unofficially cb'd Yohan to LSU - two weeks before he even announced his decision...

6 minutes ago, toddc said:

I saw the link but no pictures so I was trying to make it more accessible. Sorry 😢 

No worries. I just checked in and 1 of the pics was there in a previous post.

12 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Poor baby 

It was sarcasm for E that I would cry over it. C’mon Golf, you’re better than this! 😝 

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

@GwillMac6I wouldn't read that much into it either since almost all recruits post such type pics after nearly every visit.

True but if you look at his IG page, there are only four total posts (with one being his decommit note to the Corndogs). Between that and how little he posts on Twitter, and how quiet his recruitment has been since he decommited in March, it's clear that he doesn't want the spotlight (which is great because humility is an indicator of a good teammate). 

Typically I'd agree with your post, but I think in JP's case, the IG post *could* be a sign for us... Especially coupled with the new CB prediction. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, toddc said:

It was sarcasm for E that I would cry over it. C’mon Golf, you’re better than this! 😝 

Are you kidding me e and sarcasm do not go together.....numnuts I know it was sarcasm obviously you do not get mine;) I know I'm better just ask me

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Love your facepalm @AUDevilyou're the best my man. I say with peace and love. Man I love Tallahassee 

I’ve been holding on to that one for a few weeks!

I sure hope we can out- bid the other school for this guy’s services!  Man , I love “ college” sports🤮🤮🤮

2 hours ago, jluvah said:

I sure hope we can out- bid the other school for this guy’s services!  Man , I love “ college” sports🤮🤮🤮

we can. It’s just a matter if we will. Apparently Jimmy Rane is running the NIL program for Auburn now and I don’t know how much he cares about basketball.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

we can. It’s just a matter if we will. Apparently Jimmy Rane is running the NIL program for Auburn now and I don’t know how much he cares about basketball.

Rane is? I hope he has some experienced NIL GURUS to help him out.  
this NIL has to be top level moving forward to draw these top level kids now. 
so Davidson is totally out?

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

I hope he has some experienced NIL GURUS

Does such a thing exist yet?

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

So Davidson is totally out?

No clue who that is.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Does such a thing exist yet?

No clue who that is.

I think there was a guy on Alabama’s bench named Davison. His name was not on the score sheet at Auburn so it’s easy to forget the spelling. 

• Haha 1