Baseball vs SEC Tournament

23 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Do not get it. Baseballed out after yesterday for a bit and sick of Kentucky. 

Sad we get beat 3-4 by Ky who is not even got a chance to make NCAAs

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

Do not get it. Baseballed out after yesterday for a bit and sick of Kentucky. 

I had a bad feeling going into the Kentucky series. Long ago, back when Hal Baird was the AU coach, I remember needing to win a series against an inferior Kentucky team and they skunked us. Ever since then I've felt uneasy when they show up on the schedule. I guess in the future I'll be double-spooked about Ky.

21 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Sad we get beat 3-4 by Ky who is not even got a chance to make NCAAs

Don't be so quick to say that. They still have a chance.

Could just be a team that had our number. Playing them first game of SEC Tourney right after losing a series to them was a cruel draw.  We probably play a little better against anyone else that wasn't so recently familiar with our lineup. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Could just be a team that had our number. Playing them first game of SEC Tourney right after losing a series to them was a cruel draw.  We probably play a little better against anyone else that wasn't so recently familiar with our lineup. 

That's it exactly. 

Bama winning is screwing my hopes up. Was hoping they'd flame quickly so that they'd possibly fire Bohannon and we could get his a** back on our staff. Now he probably has them sneaking in a regional

• Like 1

11 hours ago, au302 said:

Bama winning is screwing my hopes up. Was hoping they'd flame quickly so that they'd possibly fire Bohannon and we could get his a** back on our staff. Now he probably has them sneaking in a regional

That's ok. They're burning up their bullpen and probably won't win today. If they do go to a regional they won't have much left inthe tank. The bammer fans, players, and coaches were very ugly yesterday and the home plate ump was fed up , That won't float in another region.

I don't want Bohannon to come back, and he wouldn't want to either after being a head coach. 

Edited by Tigerbelle
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

That's ok. They're burning up their bullpen and probably won't win today. If they do go to a regional they won't have much left inthe tank. The bammer fans, players, and coaches were very ugly yesterday and the home plate ump was fed up , That won't float in another region.

I don't want Bohannon to come back, and he wouldn't want to either after being a head coach. 

Not a fan of his? I thought he was a great assistant here. Scouted some absolute diamonds in the rough from all over. Luke Jarvis, Jonah Todd, Julien, etc. Absolute ball players. Give him a lot of credit for that, but agree that he'd likely have no interest. But hey after guys get fired sometimes they gotta be an assistant again for a few years 

56 minutes ago, au302 said:

Not a fan of his? I thought he was a great assistant here. Scouted some absolute diamonds in the rough from all over. Luke Jarvis, Jonah Todd, Julien, etc. Absolute ball players. Give him a lot of credit for that, but agree that he'd likely have no interest. But hey after guys get fired sometimes they gotta be an assistant again for a few years 

Bohannon didn't do that all on his own. And I don't like the fact that he, his coaches and his players were heckling the ump all night last night. There was no reason for it. There were no egregious errors in calls. It was ugly, mean and unsportsman-like. Then he was kind of an azzhole to the young woman interviewing him, and there was no reason for that either. It's part of his job. I just don't like that condescending,mean attitude,and it's a terrible example to set for all these kids.  Especially now. People wonder why sports has gotten to the point that it has, and this is part of the reason why. Everybody wants to be an azzhole because they think it shows toughness. It doesn't. It shows weakness. The harder thing to do is to be gracious under less than ideal circumstances, and when things are not going well. 

Bohannon is a bammer and no....he can go elsewhere if he gets fired. Butch and Nonnemaker are getting talent without that jerk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Bohannon didn't do that all on his own. And I don't like the fact that he, his coaches and his players were heckling the ump all night last night. There was no reason for it. There were no egregious errors in calls. It was ugly, mean and unsportsman-like. Then he was kind of an azzhole to the young woman interviewing him, and there was no reason for that either. It's part of his job. I just don't like that condescending,mean attitude,and it's a terrible example to set for all these kids.  Especially now. People wonder why sports has gotten to the point that it has, and this is part of the reason why. Everybody wants to be an azzhole because they think it shows toughness. It doesn't. It shows weakness. The harder thing to do is to be gracious under less than ideal circumstances, and when things are not going well. 

Bohannon is a bammer and no....he can go elsewhere if he gets fired. Butch and Nonnemaker are getting talent without that jerk.

Lol, guess I'll get pissed next time Butch or any of our coaches heckle an ump, or if Peirce or any of our players pimp a homer

• Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, au302 said:

Lol, guess I'll get pissed next time Butch or any of our coaches heckle an ump, or if Peirce or any of our players pimp a homer

Butch doesn't act like that and neither does he allow his dugout to keep yelling "F-you" to the home plate ump. We are not talking about occasional disgreements with a call. The ump stopped the game a few times and told that bunch of clowns to be quiet. He should've thrown that one coach out of the game because he wouldn't shut up.The bammers and the Vols are trash. 

Nobody said anything about pimping a HR. That was not ever the issue.     

Edited by Tigerbelle
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Butch doesn't act like that and neither does he allow his dugout to keep yelling "F-you" to the home plate ump. We are not talking about occasional disgreements with a call. The ump stopped the game a few times and told that bunch of clowns to be quiet. He should've thrown that one coach out of the game because he wouldn't shut up.The bammers and the Vols are trash. 

Nobody said anything about pimping a HR. That was not ever the issue.     

Fair enough. I guess I just disagree that it makes him an a-hole that we wouldn't want back if he was out of a job. He was nothing but awesome here and really helped Butch rebuild the program. Pretty sure Butch is still fond of him and the players loved him. For better or worse baseball has become much more emotional the past 5 or so years. Players chirp, cuss at each other and at umps randomly, flip bats, put on costumes after homers, etc. 

Vitello is really the only one that I've seen embrace the dark side with that and act like a total douche. Butch is total opposite and as calm as it gets. In fact, sometimes I think he's almost too calm out there and wish he'd show a little more fire. I've never seen Bohannon act in an embarrassing manner, but I didn't watch the game last night so I'll take your word for it