Mike Farrell on Harsin

AU-24

Farrell is thinking a new coaching search in 9 months and saying lane or even gus return.  It won't be lane not with his experience.  With the power house of productivity in our athletic dept you can bet our coaching search will be conducted at places like arkansas state and Missouri state.  Even the idiocy of bringing gus back is a lot more in line with JABA tha hiring Lane.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Carnell said:

Farrell is thinking a new coaching search in 9 months and saying lane or even gus return.  It won't be lane not with his experience.  With the power house of productivity in our athletic dept you can bet our coaching search will be conducted at places like arkansas state and Missouri state.  Even the idiocy of bringing gus back is a lot more in line with JABA tha hiring Lane.

Deion or Dell plz

39 minutes ago, Didba said:

Seems like MF doesn't know wtf, he is talking about and is using spicy headlines to drive traffic to his site

what is so problematic is that we have fans too stupid to not figure out that everybody media wise is making money off of Auburn stupidity, they know we want to be loved on so bad and they will never do it because they don't want us interfering with their media darling, so, they just continue to keep us dysfunction to the point we run off the one real coach we have had in decades.. because they know that this hire is different and the $hit they tried to pull in February should tell ALL Auburn fans we have an in house problem not a coach problem and that is what they are use too..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 1

I have a question. Why is Harsin considered the greatest hire ever at Auburn. Is it just based off the wins. All those wins and there are no individual awards as a coach.  In contrast Billy Napier at Florida has 2 Coach of the year awards and the former coach had assistant coach of the year.

Also think about this how successful were Hawkins and Peterson after leaving Boise.

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

Gus isn't coming back, he's off base on that. However,  a change in the next nine months is likely. A 4-8 or 5-7 season with the resultant dismal recruiting will all but force a change.

• Like 7

Some of y'all need to understand that this is a university and not a video game. Well, in fairness, we aren't a normal university with the way our AD runs, lol. But still, this is not fantasy land when you change coaches every other year and pay massive buyout after massive buyout. Roberts and leadership aren't message board die hards. They are in charge of responsibly running an entire university, not just the football program.

When you commit to a HC you are committing for a few years barring a Chad Morris level hire where you can't win more than 2 games. If they didn't want to pony up the buyout in February, I wouldn't hold my breath. Not saying they won't, or shouldn't, but again, this is the real practical world, not a video game. So better start hoping for a 4-8 or worse season imo to feel comfortable where they'd have no choice but to fork up and take the PR hit

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

Gus isn't coming back

giphy.gif.739dc692a9c4ce6585a01c5c990b4ec2.gif

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, au302 said:

Some of y'all need to understand that this is a university and not a video game. Well, in fairness, we aren't a normal university with the way our AD runs, lol. But still, this is not fantasy land when you change coaches every other year and pay massive buyout after massive buyout. Roberts and leadership aren't message board die hards. They are in charge of responsibly running an entire university, not just the football program.

When you commit to a HC you are committing for a few years barring a Chad Morris level hire where you can't win more than 2 games. If they didn't want to pony up the buyout in February, I wouldn't hold my breath. Not saying they won't, or shouldn't, but again, this is the real practical world, not a video game. So better start hoping for a 4-8 or worse season imo to feel comfortable where they'd have no choice but to fork up and take the PR hit

I don't think any AU fan is hoping for a 4-8 season. Personally, I'm hoping for 15-0 but expecting that we'll have a lucky bounce in a game somewhere along the line and finish 5-7.

The thing is, after 18 months there has been nothing solid accomplished. Not one smidgen to create a glimmer of hope. Not in the win/loss record, not in recruiting and not in the portal, where AU is 9th in the SEC in 247's portal rankings. There was one disconcerting report from a veteran observer who said that the AU practice he attended this spring was "The worst practice in the history of Auburn football". 

It's past time for something positive to be accomplished. Talk about culture is cheap. If we don't see positive results in any area, there will be no choice but to make a change. 

When Harsin came onboard I was of the opinion that he needed three years. That's well and good and in most cases reasonable, but the three years is half over. When is measurable improvement going to start?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, au302 said:

Auburn takes PR hits daily we are not liked.

• Like 2

Just bring the Chiz back!  Let him run his pro style offense.  He didn’t have trouble recruiting 5*s and Olinemen.  I say this half jokingly but who is gonna want to come to Auburn with what we’ve seen in the past 12 months.  Ole Jeff Grimes?  Lane definitely not.  I’ll even guarantee wherever Harsin lands will be winning 10+ games within 3 years while Auburn struggles to 8-5.  Futures bright no doubt - said like Gus.

I think these types of articles, podcasts, and YouTube videos are all we are going to see until the season starts.  It is what it is.  I can't even find many hype videos for this season, in what I suspect that the major video producers are not motivated to create them and they don't have much video to splice in that does not feature players that have transferred out.

All we can do it tune these things out as nothing good will come from them.  I said this before, but the 2023 season will put us on the track to success, whether that is because we have a poor record and we get a new coach, or Harsin sets the world on fire and proves everyone wrong.  Either way, it will be beneficial to Auburn.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Just bring the Chiz back!  Let him run his pro style offense.  He didn’t have trouble recruiting 5*s and Olinemen.  I say this half jokingly but who is gonna want to come to Auburn with what we’ve seen in the past 12 months.  Ole Jeff Grimes?  Lane definitely not.  I’ll even guarantee wherever Harsin lands will be winning 10+ games within 3 years while Auburn struggles to 8-5.  Futures bright no doubt - said like Gus.

If CBH doesn’t work out here I highly doubt he coaches somewhere else and have 10+ win seasons. Look at the previous coaches records outside of Boise. IMO he will be decent. Boise State has a huge advantage because of the conference they are in. Why do u think CBH wanted them to move to the PAC12

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, e808 said:

If CBH doesn’t work out here I highly doubt he coaches somewhere else and have 10+ win seasons. Look at the previous coaches records outside of Boise. IMO he will be decent. Boise State has a huge advantage because of the conference they are in. Why do u think CBH wanted them to move to the PAC12

He could end up back at Boise.  I don’t think their new coach tore it up this past year.  

Auburn should have gotten Mike Norvell when they had the chance.  I think this is the year that Florida State finally returns to being competitive after the Jimbo>firing their next coach after 2 years fiasco.  Sound familiar?  I’d love to be the coach they bring in after Harsin because he will have zero pressure as he coaches a depleted roster to 3-8, 4-7 records till Auburn finally reaches the Bham bowl in year 3.  

• Like 2

As much as I admire Gus as a person, if he is brought back as HC in any sport that remotely resembles football they'll lose a large contingent of the fanbase for his tenure and maybe longer...including me. 

Give Harsin a fighting chance and quit the back biting. It's ridiculous. Playground antics.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, Mikey said:

Gus isn't coming back, he's off base on that. However,  a change in the next nine months is likely. A 4-8 or 5-7 season with the resultant dismal recruiting will all but force a change.

Totally agree, I don’t know why he brought up the possibility of bringing Gus back as an option? Possibly to get clicks from the Gus haters?

In a year and a half, of the three years we are supposed to give Harsin, he has failed at absolutely every level of coaching.  It’s just going to take outside sources to point this out (Vegas, Sporting News, Farrell etc…) because some in our Fanbase refuse to believe what their eyes see and ears hear.

I was in the AU trophy room 2 days ago, showing a friend of mine around that has never been there. Spoke to some of the people I know…  I said: must’ve been a big weekend around here with the “four stars” in town. They said: yeah it was big, but not big enough to bring Harsin in. I said what do you mean? They said: he again spent very minimal time with recruits, left it up to the assistant coaches and others.

Edited by AU-24
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

Andrew Hughes is an 'effing moron. He's trying to write a piece on what Mike Farrell said and can't even convey that. So the culture which has improved ten fold since Harsin got their according to people around the program, will be the reason we won't do as well as 6-7? Idiots.

Edit: I didn't even address the Gus comment. Too stupid to address.

Edited by oracle79
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

When Harsin came onboard I was of the opinion that he needed three years. That's well and good and in most cases reasonable, but the three years is half over. When is measurable improvement going to start?

How many games were you expecting him to win over the spring/summer?

Edited by AUTigerTime
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

He could end up back at Boise.  I don’t think their new coach tore it up this past year.  

Auburn should have gotten Mike Norvell when they had the chance.  I think this is the year that Florida State finally returns to being competitive after the Jimbo>firing their next coach after 2 years fiasco.  Sound familiar?  I’d love to be the coach they bring in after Harsin because he will have zero pressure as he coaches a depleted roster to 3-8, 4-7 records till Auburn finally reaches the Bham bowl in year 3.  

I agree regarding the new coach. All of your studs will be pretty much gone after this season. Unless someone emerges. 
However, I don’t think Boise would take CBH back as he started to rub some people the wrong way.

Edited by e808
  • Like 2

Gus just snagged another 5 star running back out of the portal and a 5 million cash infusion at ucf in the past 48 hours, fanbase feelings aside, he himself wouldn't even entertain the idea of coming back to the gauntlet of sec west football -- 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

I don't think any AU fan is hoping for a 4-8 season. Personally, I'm hoping for 15-0 but expecting that we'll have a lucky bounce in a game somewhere along the line and finish 5-7.

The thing is, after 18 months there has been nothing solid accomplished. Not one smidgen to create a glimmer of hope. Not in the win/loss record, not in recruiting and not in the portal, where AU is 9th in the SEC in 247's portal rankings. There was one disconcerting report from a veteran observer who said that the AU practice he attended this spring was "The worst practice in the history of Auburn football". 

It's past time for something positive to be accomplished. Talk about culture is cheap. If we don't see positive results in any area, there will be no choice but to make a change. 

I actually think we win 7-8 the year, only because of the defense, and Tank/Hunter. But the way this guy is failing to bring in talent, we are spiraling to a point where we will be lucky to beat Miss St in the future. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, AUTigerTime said:

I believe he means not only games won (which is bad enough) but recruiting, retaining or hiring the right coaches, getting the right players from the portal, NIL deals etc. We continue to be at or near the bottom of the SEC in recruiting, rankings of players out of the portal, his assistant coaching hires to coordinator positions have been a dumpster fire of a train wreck to say the least. etc. etc. etc.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AUTigerTime said:

Win in recruiting, he  the bed this cycle, win in transfers, he the bed this cycle, build foundations for this coming recruiting cycle, indicators are showing another failure(for reference au-24 above), win in the media, win the hearts of fans, we can go on and on, but the lose column is much much longer than the win. 

• Like 3