The FBI raids Mar-A-Lago.

AU9377

Geez.. I think some of you are lost. This is the serious discussion forum. The smack talk forum is more appropriate for some of these drive by posts. 

edit: LOL the whole thread got moved.

Edited by Didba
  • Like 3
  • Dislike 3

2 hours ago, Didba said:

Geez.. I think some of you are lost. This is the serious discussion forum. The smack talk forum is more appropriate for some of these drive by posts. 

Look, if we are honest, it deserved to get moved. Who is interested in bedwetters, basement dwellers, and the Vaseline laden opinions? Lest we forget somebody's Jesus? SMH.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2022 at 11:14 AM, Cardin Drake said:

Yep, the fact that the DC establishment hates him so much is enough for a lot of us. Shoving a giant stick up their ass has a lot of appeal.

So to hell with our constitution, form of government and the good that has been done by this country around the world all for the sake of hurting "the establishment".......  We have our faults, but that seems a bit extreme to me.  Thankfully, it seems a bit extreme to the majority of the country.

23 hours ago, autigeremt said:

C788C589-7B53-4C76-8291-C3785F5952EF.jpeg

Who is lying?  Hillary was investigated.  Hillary also sat with the FBI and answered questions for a full day without taking the 5th one time.  She had the person that set up her private server  take the 5th so that he wouldn't unwittingly  open himself up to some kind of charges, but she herself answered every question asked.  After her interview, the FBI then decided that they didn't have a case worthy of bringing.  She had not knowingly transmitted documents marked classified to someone that was not authorized to see the documents.  Had Obama acted in the same manner as Trump, he could have stopped all that in its tracks by simply declassifying anything found.  He didn't.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

So to hell with our constitution, form of government and the good that has been done by this country around the world all for the sake of hurting "the establishment".......  We have our faults, but that seems a bit extreme to me.  Thankfully, it seems a bit extreme to the majority of the country.

It works for the Democrats. They all deserve one another. 

• Dislike 1

22 hours ago, Didba said:

No sir just because it's good for the goose doesn't mean the gander can't let loose as well. Politics in D.C. is nothing but smack talk right now. Lies, lies.....more lies and for good measure a few slaps across the face of the American citizen. They don't give a damn about us. So yes....smack talk, drive by posts. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

43 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

No sir just because it's good for the goose doesn't mean the gander can't let loose as well. Politics in D.C. is nothing but smack talk right now. Lies, lies.....more lies and for good measure a few slaps across the face of the American citizen. They don't give a damn about us. So yes....smack talk, drive by posts. 

scrubs-dr-cox.gif.ba0044a98e67fbdd6863218cefb269aa.gif

not at all related to what my comment was about so… what?

6 hours ago, Didba said:

scrubs-dr-cox.gif.ba0044a98e67fbdd6863218cefb269aa.gif

not at all related to what my comment was about so… what?

Ok let me drill it down…..people are losing (lost) their desire to continue credible conversations about a situation that no longer warrants serious discussion. Therefore it’s drive by season. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Ok let me drill it down…..people are losing (lost) their desire to continue credible conversations about a situation that no longer warrants serious discussion. Therefore it’s drive by season. 

Or they lack the intellectual capacity and self awareness to entertain anything that isn’t spoonfed to them from alt-right media. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Your problem is you have no sense of proportion.  It's banal.

Yeah, of course many politicians exhibit corruption on both sides. Apparently, it comes with the territory of being that rich and powerful. It's been demonstrated throughout our history. (Teapot Dome anybody?)

But a POTUS who was impeached twice (for good reason), openly commits sedition (Jan.6) and then steals classified documents takes "ordinary" corruption to a whole new level. And he plans to run again because there are enough people who have drunk his kool aid to empower him to do so.

This form of political corruption - instead of personal corruption - takes the problem to a democracy destroying level.

Our system has the resilience to legally deal with all of the Democratic examples portrayed in your cartoon - along with the similar examples committed by Republicans - just as it has (whether you want to admit it or not).

But nascent authoritarianism - really fascism - is a totally different matter. 

It directly threatens our very democracy in a way run-of-the-mill personal corruption does not.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Of course.  It has always been thus.

What's different now is we have Trump, who plans to run again for POTUS and basically re-make the entire federal infrastructure to serve him.

(And it's not like Trump isn't corrupt - see Russian money laundering and tax evasion.)

I'll take normal, run-of-the-mill personal corruption anytime, as long as it's examined and litigated instead of ignored.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Got "serious discussion"?

(Whataboutism doesn't really count.)

Edited by homersapien

5 hours ago, homersapien said:

No...I'm done. Counting down the days before I feed the flowers. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, homersapien said:

What's different now is we have Trump, who plans to run again for POTUS and basically re-make the entire federal infrastructure to serve him.

(And it's not like Trump isn't corrupt - see Russian money laundering and tax evasion.)

I'll take normal, run-of-the-mill personal corruption anytime, as long as it's examined and litigated instead of ignored.

YOUR party is full of the same crap. Own it! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Dislike 1

17 hours ago, Didba said:

Or they lack the intellectual capacity and self awareness to entertain anything that isn’t spoonfed to them from alt-right media. 

So you are ignoring the alt-left landslide media? They own pretty much every other media outlet. 

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, autigeremt said:

So you are ignoring the alt-left landslide media? They own pretty much every other media outlet. 

All mainstream media sucks. No matter the which leaning. The only thing that makes left leaning sites slightly better is they won’t air photoshopped videos and stuff like that as if it were truth. 

I honestly don’t get any news from mainstream media that is for profit/24 hour news cycle driven. All that stuff is entertainment not news on both sides. 

if a “news” segment is telling you how you should “feel” instead of the facts occurring, it’s opinion entertainment not news. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, homersapien said:

Have you ever realized you use that word to hide your hypocrisy? And for the record, you are not alone. It's become quite common. Unfortunately.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, autigeremt said:

YOUR party is full of the same crap. Own it! 

Did I not just "own" it? :dunno:   Did you even read the post you are responding to and the one that preceded it?  Please keep up.

What "my" party doesn't have is Donald Trump, who represents an existential thread to our democracy, a fact you deny.

Which takes us back to my original point.  You apparently don't have the capacity to discern "ordinary" corruption - which is not universal at any rate - with an existential threat to democracy. 

You are a Manichean thinker and a nihilist to boot. 

Own it!  :-\

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

On 8/18/2022 at 10:09 AM, homersapien said:

Totally agree Homer!! I know shocker! I would absolutely love for personal corruption to be examined and litigated.  Yes!  Not just red team though. Is that a show stopper for you?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jj3jordan said:

Totally agree Homer!! I know shocker! I would absolutely love for personal corruption to be examined and litigated.  Yes!  Not just red team though. Is that a show stopper for you?

No, I bet its not a showstopper for @homersapien

Democrats condemn both blue and red corruption. Many of us in here have done so openly. Further, history shows it as well when the evidence is substantiated and not conspiracies.  Wiener, TJ Cox, and Cuomo come to mind in recent years.  

Strange thing with Cuomo was all charges were dropped at proprietorial discretion for lack of evidence to meet their burden to convict.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

People keep bringing up Hillary's emails as if they weren't even investigated.  :-\

They were, it's just that the AG chose not to press criminal charges.  That's not uncommon.  It's a value judgement based on the harm done vs the amount of harm that could result from doing so.

Not to mention precedent.  There were a lot of officials - including Sec. of State - in Republican administrations committing similar "illegal" acts involving mishandling classified information with their emails and phones. 

The main thing IMO is not necessarily retribution but making the problem apparent.  The political cost is not insignificant, certainly in Hillary's case.

Edited by homersapien

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

People keep bringing up Hillary's emails as if they weren't even investigated.  :-\

They were, it's just that the AG chose not to press criminal charges.  That's not uncommon.  It's a value judgement based on the harm done vs the amount of harm that could result from doing so.

Not to mention precedent.  There were a lot of officials - including Sec. of State - in Republican administrations committing similar "illegal" acts involving mishandling classified information with their emails and phones. 

The main thing IMO is not necessarily retribution but making the problem apparent.  The political cost is not insignificant, certainly in Hillary's case.

No not like Hillary. Minor transgression with emails and phones are not the same as an unprotected unsecured private secret server through which she claims she did all her work. NOTHING state does officially is unclassified. I have worked with them. The emails? 33000 deleted so no not investigated. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1