The FBI raids Mar-A-Lago.

AU9377

4 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

This is hilarious coming from you.  Talk about irony.

Your second,,, nah uh,,, you are response in less than an hour.  Surely you have more?

The dossier was not public prior to Comey's briefing.  Newspapers knew about it but refused to print it because it was not verified.  The fact that Comey briefed Trump on it was deemed newsworthy, and it entered the public domain on that pretext. 

1 minute ago, Cardin Drake said:

The dossier was not public prior to Comey's briefing.  Newspapers knew about it but refused to print it because it was not verified.  The fact that Comey briefed Trump on it was deemed newsworthy, and it entered the public domain on that pretext. 

You are perpetuating lies.  You really should do some research.

SMH, look it up man. Comey himself said it in his book that CNN needed a news hook to publish and Comey provided it.

12 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

SMH, look it up man. Comey himself said it in his book that CNN needed a news hook to publish and Comey provided it.

No he did not.  Please cite your assertion.

Even a Republican IG concluded that the Cross Fire Hurricane investigation was properly initiated.  See Horowitz.

4 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Interesting you pick the Ukraine incident as investigating him investigating his political rival because that is exactly how Biden is using the DOJ.  Or at least that’s what it looks like publicly to the Republicans.

Please remember 51 high ranking intelligence officers swore Hunter’s laptop was Russian disinformation only to be proven wrong.  Could it be some of those high ranking Generals that declare Trump as dangerous are the same ones that are running our *woke* unprepared military now?  We don’t have Generals like Paton or Eisenhower anymore.  General Austin is as weak as Biden if the withdrawal from Afghanistan is any indication of his tenure as a Military leader.

Does a warrant automatically indicate a person is guilty?  Without a trial?

Funny how we have a "woke unprepared military" while only changing the guys at the top.  I have met Gen Austin.  He is anything but soft or weak.  The entire notion that Biden is involved in what the Justice Dept is and isn't investigating is just bizarre.  They do not report to the White House and do not require permission from the White House to act.

7 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Some answers may be on the way.

The congressmen are not entitled to that information at this point in time.  They know that, but they need a dog and pony show to gin up their base.

9 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

The congressmen are not entitled to that information at this point in time.  They know that, but they need a dog and pony show to gin up their base.

The base is already ginned up.  They want answers, you know transparency. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Funny how we have a "woke unprepared military" while only changing the guys at the top.  I have met Gen Austin.  He is anything but soft or weak.  The entire notion that Biden is involved in what the Justice Dept is and isn't investigating is just bizarre.  They do not report to the White House and do not require permission from the White House to act.

Gen. Austin was essentially a *yes* man when it came to the withdrawal of troops in Afghanistan.  It was a poor plan, he knew it and allowed it to happen anyway.  Weak.

Parents that have been deemed domestic terrorists would disagree.  Straight from Dr. Jill to Garland in 4 days or less.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Gen. Austin was essentially a *yes* man when it came to the withdrawal of troops in Afghanistan.  It was a poor plan, he knew it and allowed it to happen anyway.  Weak.

Parents that have been deemed domestic terrorists would disagree.  Straight from Dr. Jill to Garland in 4 days or less.

Getting out of Afghanistan was negotiated by Trump excluding the Afghan government.  It was time.  It has saved lives and money.  I feel for the people but, they had 20 years to push the Taliban out.  They were not inclined to do so.

22 hours ago, Didba said:

When unqualified people are appointed to positions that give them access to highly classified documents just because their daddy is president inherently national security has a high chance to be affected. 

We aren’t talking financial gain here but it’s out there too. 

Actually the topic started with regards to the corruption and financial gain, THEN the analogy was made to Trump and his kids.  For the record, I don’t particularly agree with Trumps kids, but overtly placing your kids in advisor roles is significantly different that politicians selling their souls to foreign entities and profiting from potentially steering foreign policy.   

21 hours ago, Didba said:

Hold up, are you legit blaming crimea and Ukraine on Biden and Obama? 

I was answering the question about how Russia “benefited” from Trump being elected.  They made much bigger gains in both the Biden and Obama administrations.  

I don’t feel Obama did anything to “allow” Crimea to be invaded.   I do feel the blunders by the Biden administration absolutely empowered Putin.  At a bare minimum, he had no regard for us when plotting his courses of action.  

18 hours ago, Didba said:

Yes they would if they did the same things Trump has done. But they don’t. 

it’s not a scandal, it’s more than that. 

Completely disagree.  The closest comparison we have was the Clinton email scandal - clandestine use of servers, “scrubbing” hard drives to impede investigation, etc and still no search warrant issued?  

I will throw a large “*” on this though.  Depending on what, if anything, those documents show I could change my entire stance on the use of a warrant.  Just the alleged level of classification alone doesn’t necessarily convey the risk the documents presented.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GoAU said:

but overtly placing your kids in advisor roles is significantly different that politicians selling their souls to foreign entities and profiting from potentially steering foreign policy.   

Who did this?

1 minute ago, icanthearyou said:

Getting out of Afghanistan was negotiated by Trump excluding the Afghan government.  It was time.  It has saved lives and money.  I feel for the people but, they had 20 years to push the Taliban out.  They were not inclined to do so.

It was negotiated by Trump, but was the withdrawal plan was executed by Biden.  Trump’s plan had us out of there during the winter months and Ramadan while there would be no fighting.  Biden’s plan had us withdrawing during the fighting season.

Biden drew down our troops out of Bagram airbase so we couldn’t defend it and had to rely on the Taliban of all people for security.  Biden gave an arbitrary exit date that the Taliban forced him to abide by and we looked weak to the rest of the world.  A total debacle.

7 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

So Trump saved lives and money. I did not expect you to give him any good credit. 

FTR, I am not sure how you get out of Afghanistan without it being a cluster-f in good conditions. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Biden reversed a lot of Trumps policies and decisions on day #1 of his presidency.   Saying this was “Trumps plan” is a cop out.  Even if it somehow would have been impossible to change course (it wasn’t) he still owns the execution.   

I’m not saying we should have stayed in Afghanistan indefinitely, but I am saying that our exit was one of the biggest military blunders in our nations history and the responsibility is directly on the Commander in Chief.   

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, GoAU said:

Biden reversed a lot of Trumps policies and decisions on day #1 of his presidency.   Saying this was “Trumps plan” is a cop out.  Even if it somehow would have been impossible to change course (it wasn’t) he still owns the execution.   

I’m not saying we should have stayed in Afghanistan indefinitely, but I am saying that our exit was one of the biggest military blunders in our nations history and the responsibility is directly on the Commander in Chief.   

Disagree.  Any other strategy would most likely been much more costly in lives and dollars spent.  Enough of both had already been wasted.  This should be a point of agreement, not attempting to politicize.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

So Trump saved lives and money. I did not expect you to give him any good credit. 

FTR, I am not sure how you get out of Afghanistan without it being a cluster-f in good conditions. 

Yes, I initially was critical about Trump not including the Afghan government in the negotiations but,,, those folks were absolutely worthless.  That blame goes back to whomever "helped" form the Afghan government.

1 minute ago, icanthearyou said:

Disagree.  Any other strategy would most likely been much more costly in lives and dollars spent.  Enough of both had already been wasted.  This should be a point of agreement, not attempting to politicize.

As someone with a bit of experience when it comes to military operations, the method that we left Afghanistan was a complete and total embarrassment.  We left significant resources that still belonged to the US (not referring to the materials we gave the Afghan gov), had people left behind / unaccounted for, had significant errors in gauging how fast the nation would fall, and lost complete control of the situation.   

Im not saying it was an easy play, but regardless, it doesn’t make it successful.  

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

There must be thousands of these parents..........

The First Lady is a college professor with a PhD, therefore it is very appropriate for someone to refer to her as Dr.  Her conversations with the DOJ are nothing more than assumptions and Fox fairy tales.

Thank God we are out of that hell hole of death that is Afghanistan.  I only wish we had gotten out years ago and without adding trillions to the national debt.

• Thanks 1

Just now, GoAU said:

As someone with a bit of experience when it comes to military operations, the method that we left Afghanistan was a complete and total embarrassment.  We left significant resources that still belonged to the US (not referring to the materials we gave the Afghan gov), had people left behind / unaccounted for, had significant errors in gauging how fast the nation would fall, and lost complete control of the situation.   

Im not saying it was an easy play, but regardless, it doesn’t make it successful.  

I understand that you do not like Biden.  No need to explain.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Who did this?

Biden, and it’s looking increasingly like Pelosi as well.  

I’ll save you some keystrokes on the next part.   My guess is that you’ll ask for evidence or a link.  

I’ll respond citing the laptop that has bee suppressed and testimony from Tony Bobulinski - but neither of these were really investigated, or if they were have been suppressed.   I say that because they sure didn’t disprove anything on it.  

in the end, we will likely continue to disagree on the subject.  

4 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

I understand that you do not like Biden.  No need to explain.

Say it ain’t so….   LOL - at least we agree on that my friend.  - (Me not liking Biden, not saying that we both don’t like him).   

1 minute ago, GoAU said:

Biden, and it’s looking increasingly like Pelosi as well.  

I’ll save you some keystrokes on the next part.   My guess is that you’ll ask for evidence or a link.  

I’ll respond citing the laptop that has bee suppressed and testimony from Tony Bobulinski - but neither of these were really investigated, or if they were have been suppressed.   I say that because they sure didn’t disprove anything on it.  

in the end, we will likely continue to disagree on the subject.  

That is a lie.  Prove that Biden "overtly placed" Hunter on a foreign BOD.  You can't because it is not true.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

That is a lie.  Prove that Biden "overtly placed" Hunter on a foreign BOD.  You can't because it is not true.

Not what I said.  I said Trump “overtly placed” his children into advisor roles.  Meaning he didn’t hide that he did it - it was public knowledge.   This is not saying I think it was a good idea, just that it was overt.