Former CIA Director having a normal one

Auburnfan91

I'm sure this will help ratchet down the discourse from Republicans that think the federal law enforcement and intelligence agencies are against them.

Over 100K likes for that tweet right now. When this type of language is used repeatedly by former government officials, it's to help condition one side to weaponize federal law enforcement agencies against their political opponents and to view them as a threat.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

I'm sure this will help ratchet down the discourse from Republicans that think the federal law enforcement and intelligence agencies are against them.

Over 100K likes for that tweet right now. When this type of language is used repeatedly by former government officials, it's to help condition one side to weaponize federal law enforcement agencies against their political opponents and to view them as a threat.

Are you joking?

When a former CIA director (appointed by a Republican btw) frames just how dangerous a group is, and all a person can point out is how it will inflame tensions with that group and proves it is persecuted, chances are pretty good that person is part of the group.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Are you joking?

When a former CIA director (appointed by a Republican btw) frames just how dangerous a group is, and all a person can point out is how it will inflame tensions with that group and proves it is persecuted, chances are pretty good that person is part of the group.

lol

Excuse me for not revering the integrity of a CIA director and thinking he's part of the problem.

Hayden is one of the over 50 former intelligence officials who signed a letter in October 2020 to claim that the Hunter Biden laptop story from the NYPost was likely Russian disinformation.

Fac_i1cWAAEr_aW?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by Auburnfan91
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

Yep. One data point clearly shows the man is tainted and the rest of his career means nothing.

Ladies and gentlemen, the modern Republican Party.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

Isn’t the new york post the same style of rag as the national inquirer 

Edited by Didba
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

I wonder when Republicans will start policing themselves and looking inward at how their rhetoric, leaders, and beliefs are leading them down a path of violence, hate, and extremism? 

Instead we just have topic like this that act to blame those who call out Republican behavior. 

12 hours ago, Didba said:

Isn’t the new your post the same style of rag as the national inquirer 

NYP is a mix. It's probably one of the more legitimate Right Wing news websites out there , but does report plenty of false/incorrect information and stories. 

I'd trust NYP over most other conservative "News" like Breitbart, Federalist, OAN, Newsmax, Epoch Times, etc

Probably similar reliability to National Review. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Well you could prosecute people who are guilty by your own words of crimes even if is uncomfortable. FBI vs HRC. 

Not use your agency to spy on political players you don’t like or agree with. 

Not defraud FISA courts with fake evidence to get warrants. 

Not all that hard really.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Well you could prosecute people who are guilty by your own words of crimes even if is uncomfortable. FBI vs HRC. 

Not use your agency to spy on political players you don’t like or agree with. 

Not defraud FISA courts with fake evidence to get warrants. 

Not all that hard really.

The Point Over Your Head GIF - The Point Over Your Head ...

Well, I suppose this is where I am supposed to 1) debunk those (unproven) accusations and 2) bring up all of the transgressions committed by Barr when he was AG. :-\

I was looking for institutional, not political responses.

Never mind.  The post was just a bad idea I suppose.

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Most don't know the differences.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Didba said:

Most don't know the differences.

Either that, or they automatically assume the best interests of our country can only reside in their political party. :-\

I personally think the problem with the DOJ directly related to the extreme partisan politics of our legislative branch than anything related to institutional (executive branch) process.

In other words, a poisonous legislature manifests itself on to the other two branches of government.   And there's no question in my mind which party is the source of most of that poison.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

The man is NOT a politician.  He is not a member of either party.  The premise of the OP is victimhood, not reality.

Still, if you need pity, take all you want.  But please, stay out of the capitol building.

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

Well, I suppose this is where I am supposed to 1) debunk those (unproven) accusations and 2) bring up all of the transgressions committed by Barr when he was AG. :-\

Never mind.  The post was just a bad idea I suppose.

Nothing even debatable in my post.