*Official Auburn vs. Mercer Game Thread*

abw0004

7 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

thankfully Penn State looked pretty meh in that regard on defense vs Purdue. Maybe our run blocking doesn't get truly exposed until game 6

They’ll play like world beaters against us. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

How many of you old geezers are still up?

I’m *hiccup* here. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Damn defense . Give them a damn TD. Half ass bull s*** effort. Run everyone until the puke. Damn . 

If he kept his starting OL on the last drive. We milk clock, probably score and win 49 10. Plus Ashford needs all the work he can get w starters

• Like 1

A solid first game there are things to fix but on the whole we played well. Mercer has some talented players just not enough of them. Starting O-Line was solid both run blocking and pass blocking but did miss some assignments especially in 1st quarter as game went on they got better which is what you want to see. Receivers got separation and QB's hit them. Finley was solid just made a couple of bad reads. Ashford looked good but I will need to see more of him before I can legitimately say we have a QB competition. Hopefully we play even better against San Jose and are hitting on all cylinders were Penn Sate shows up.  

Talent wise Penn State is at least our equal but I think homefield and if we play a clean game we can beat them. If the Penn State team's O-Line is as weak as they looked against Purdue we will beat them easily assuming we can generate Offense.

Edited by AuburnNTexas

4 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

How many of you old geezers are still up?

Notice that we haven’t heard anything from the 2 forum old heads in like 3 hrs. I won’t call them by name, but enjoy these two unrelated gifs

image.gif.636e10904f661205cce3536e509b11c0.gifimage.gif.e698fd323c3a147d766ef23a64541ffb.gif

• Haha 3

Did anyone else notice when Finley and Ashford were swapping in and out that  all Ashford ran was zone read. Then when Ashford replaced Finley,the zone read disappeared.  If Ashford is starter zone read will need to be part of the offense

• Love 1

10 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

The point spread was -29.5

This is why I do NOT bet on games

I think at one point it was as high as 31.5. Yes, Auburn did not cover.

• Dislike 1

11 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

I hope so. Personally I’d rather run more option stuff with Ashford to keep defenses honest instead of trying to run right at people. At least our pass blocking looked ok. 

Make no mistake. We will not be able to run right at people.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, cbo said:

Didn't expect to run into a Utes apologist on here, but I can only imagine you made a good point. 

kick-knock-out.gif

Really? You just made everyone realize you don't watch football. Lol

Not perfect but it’s a win. Ashford has potential to help us out in bigger games. TJ needs to clean up the TOs.I know it’s Mercer but I thought he looked a lot better than his last game.

I think he will take a bigger jump next week 

3 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

A solid first game there are things to fix but on the whole we played well. Mercer has some talented players just not enough of them. Starting O-Line was solid both run blocking and pass blocking but did miss some assignments especially in 1st quarter as game went on they got better which is what you want to see. Receivers got separation and QB's hit them. Finley was solid just made a couple of bad reads. Ashford looked good but I will need to see more of him before I can legitimately say we have a QB competition. Hopefully we play even better against San Jose and are hitting on all cylinders were Penn Sate shows up.  

Talent wise Penn State is at least our equal but I think homefield and if we play a clean game we can beat them. If the Penn State team's O-Line is as weak as they looked against Purdue we will beat them easily assuming we can generate Offense.

Yes, Penn State was on the road at Purdue, but they looked very beatable. 

Just now, Swamp Eagle said:

Make no mistake. We will not be able to run right at people.

True. And RBs will struggle getting around the edge against the faster defenses. I may be dead wrong, but looks like Tank needs the hole where he expects it to be, or else he's stopped.

• Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

I think at one point it was as high as 31.5. Yes, Auburn did not cover.

We didn't cover because unlike the bama's and UGA's when we have 3rd string players on the field there is a big drop off. But we have solid two man depth at almost every position except O-line and LB.