Kiffin recruiting...

LPTiger

2 hours ago, AUinMS9528 said:

IMHO, LK is Freeze Lite.   LK doesn’t like recruiting.  He does seem to navigate NIL and the current free agency market pretty well.   I think he’s also a little too married to the analytics book.   Overall, he’s not terrible.   But I think we can do better.   

If you think he is married to the analytics book, you missed the Auburn game last year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carnell said:

Cherry picking.  Lane two full recruiting classes at USC were 13 and 10.  The brought in significant offensive talent at Alabama.  Freezes 3 full classes at Ole Miss was 8, 17 and 17 Kiffens first full class was 17 rather comparable considering how Freeze got talent to come to Ole Miss.  People that want Freeze will question kiffen based on inconclusive cherrypicking and then will want Freeze for the job no questions asked.

It’s interesting that Freeze’s 2013 class with Treadwell, Nkemdiche, Tunsil, Connor & Golson (who ended up at AU) was only ranked #8. How in the world do you sign four 5-stars, eight 4-stars and end up at #8?

Ironic that Freeze was 1-3 vs Gus and Lane is 0-1 vs Harsin and they’re getting so much love from us. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Viper said:

It’s interesting that Freeze’s 2013 class with Treadwell, Nkemdiche, Tunsil, Connor & Golson (who ended up at AU) was only ranked #8. How in the world do you sign four 5-stars, eight 4-stars and end up at #8?

That is a total of 12 players and I am assuming they signed 25 which would leave a total of 13 2&3 stars.  That could be the reason.  But the key is how he go them.  #3 on your list explained that on draft night.

22 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Ole Miss is currently ranked 44th, 11 spots above us in 247's rankings.   They have 11 commits.   We have 10.    Why are we so excited about Lane? 

Well, don’t count me in the “we” category. I hate Kiffin. He’s a glorified internet troll, and the wrong image for Auburn. 
But, as far as his recruiting goes, he’s substantially better than Harsin, probably in part because he’s a troll. 18 year olds find that crap funny. This recruiting season is still under way. Look at what he’s pulled in during previous years. He knows how to close on prospects, and tends to steal them last minute. 

2 hours ago, Viper said:

I’m guessing total number of signees were low?