*Post Game Thread: AU 17 LSU 21*

autiger88

Just now, aucanucktiger said:

The torches & pitch forks crowd bunching this game with Mercer & Mizzou which actually WERE poorly coached games are feeding each other.

How do you still like Harsin? How ? What has he done that has you this supportive of him? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

Meh, Robbie played way above his ceiling tonight and it still wasn't good enough. Having said that, if Ander could kick straight, Auburn probably wins this football game in the end.

🤣😒

Good lord they aren't throwing games. We were all expecting to get blown out and they had em ready to play. He just can't out-coach SEC coaches. See the second halves 

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

This right here is cause enough. That’s inexcusable. It’s worse than not even scoring in the fourth. Can’t even convert a third down? Geez. Good riddance. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

The torches & pitch forks crowd bunching this game with Mercer & Mizzou which actually WERE poorly coached games are feeding each other.

Tell me how this team goes 14-0 and 17-0 in back to back weeks. Won in OT by sheer luck and get out scored 21-0 tonight. 

• Like 2

We played better, played as a team, but we lost another close game (atleast it was close). I grew watching Auburn teams finding ways to win close games, kind of miss those days.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

How do you still like Harsin? How ? What has he done that has you this supportive of him? 

You’re talking to a wall. That support strictly comes from a place of not willing to admit being wrong. That’s it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Auburn Tiger said:

You’re talking to a wall. That support strictly comes from a place of not willing to admit being wrong. That’s it. 

I've defended Harsin more than anyone on this board, but even I have seen enough. I held out hope that for the betterment of AU, it would succeed. It hasn't 

• Like 5

Just now, Auburn Tiger said:

I guess but damn 🤣 it's ok to be on the Darkside just ask @DAG

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

I've defended Harsin more than anyone on this board, but even I have seen enough. I held out hope that for the betterment of AU, it would succeed. It hasn't 

I supported up until last week. I wanted him to succeed for the good of AU, but at this point he’s a liability. His in-game decisions are flat out terrible. 

1 minute ago, autiger88 said:

🤣😒

But we have a theoretical world beater as a freshman kicker that had not seen the field.  Worst than the strip fumble for LSU’s  momentum turning  first TD, the coaches call for a trick play with 1st and Goal at the 5, instead of calling some decently practical plays by our QB who had handled things all night. That is where Harsin finally lost my support! So sad for the players. Played hard. Sad for Auburn and our fans. Sorry for my rant.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That wasn’t a “fire the coach” kind of loss.  The guys played hard for 4 quarters, especially the defense, and they looked well prepared.  Better than  they have looked all season.   The fumble return for the touchdown and the great play by the LSU DB to take the ball away at the end was the difference.  Except for a few mistakes Auburn wins that game.  

• Love 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 3

• RunInRed changed the title to *Post Game Thread: AU 17 LSU 21*
Just now, weagl1 said:

That wasn’t a “fire the coach” kind of loss.  The guys played hard for 4 quarters, especially the defense, and they looked well prepared.  Better than  they have looked all season.   The fumble return for the touchdown and the great play by the LSU DB to take the ball away at the end was the difference.  Except for a few mistakes Auburn wins that game.  

We've scored 6 pts combined in the second half of our last 6 or 7 power 5 games....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I thought the team played hard. I thought mistakes, turnovers, and some bad coaching decisions were the difference in the end. 
Harsin’s teams have not shown the ability to finish on the field or in recruiting. It is sad and frustrating. 

The turnovers cost us the game.

Just now, weagl1 said:

Except for a few mistakes Auburn wins that game.

Sounds like a great excuse to rationalize a very winnable game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, au701948 said:

But we have a theoretical world beater as a freshman kicker that had not seen the field.  Worst than the strip fumble for LSU’s  momentum turning  first TD, the coaches call for a trick play with 1st and Goal at the 5, instead of calling some decently practical plays by our QB who had handled things all night. That is where Harsin finally lost my support! So sad for the players. Played hard. Sad for Auburn and our fans. Sorry for my rant.

RA tried hard and played better but saying he handled things all night is definitely not what I saw. I think he had 4 fumbles?

• Like 1

Just now, sevenlee36 said:

Oh cool. Did you see the Robby Ashford thread 

Well Robby Ashford plays here so bring it on. I don't know what Auburn fans obsession is with Bo and Gus. They are goooooone.

• Like 1