*Post Game Thread: AU 17 LSU 21*

autiger88

I HATE it for the  boys!  I thought they looked much improved and I thought the change in the O-line helped.  The defense put us in a position to win.  Just feel sick for all of them.  Our play callers panic when the game is on the line, I just don't get that wide receiver throw back at all that close to the goal.  Just not fair to keep putting our guys in such bad positions and expect them to keep bouncing back.

Robbie should spend first part of every practice showing the linebackers how to tackle, I am not kidding!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

How do you still like Harsin? How ? What has he done that has you this supportive of him? 

It’s not about “liking”. You don’t really gain anything by firing him before you get a new AD and have another guy ready to come. 

Just now, DAG said:

Sounds like a great excuse to rationalize a very winnable game.

U go up 17-0, get out scored 21-0. The previous week you go up 14-0, kicker misses a gimme game winning fg, easy TD that wins the game for them in OT. At some point enough is enough and I'm at that point. 2 straight games; the only time you're competent is in the 1st quarter?

• Like 2

Just now, CCTAU said:

It’s not about “liking”. You don’t really gain anything by firing him before you get a new AD and have another guy ready to come. 

Yeah you do by letting an interim take over you might be able to salvage a recruiting class, plus since GT, Arizona , Nebraska are already ahead of us looking for a coach. 

Just fire his butt now. 

16 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

The torches & pitch forks crowd bunching this game with Mercer & Mizzou which actually WERE poorly coached games are feeding each other.

Lol clowns supporting clown coaches. Jesus

• Like 5

I still can’t believe we lost. That Koy Moore pass interception was so stupid. Moved away from the run game too early. Just stupid.

We 100% should win at home with a three score lead.

• Like 3

I just heard Lincoln Riley bought in a whopping 52 players to USC. You bring in someone like Deion Sanders here and that can be done.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

The turnovers cost us the game.

Yep. But at least one of those turnovers was caused by a very poor play calling. And LSU would not have beat us if we would not have given them the ball on the 40 yard line. Just punt the dang ball. 
Defense was playing outstanding tonight

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

We got gained them 438 yards to 270….. and lost!!!! 🤬😤😡

Guess we just got out coached!!!JK, overall good gameplan (I would have kicked both field goals and I also didn’t like trick play going in for TD). Just a couple of those TO back snd we win. Go look at your predictions and see how they match up.

Just now, DAG said:

I just heard Lincoln Riley bought in a whopping 52 players to USC. You bring in someone like Deion Sanders here and that can be done.

Yep. I agree 100% let him bring in his guys and I think we would be a lot better then what we are now. 

• Like 1

This game was way closer than I thought. The defense showed out and looked legit. The bottom line is the coaches made astonishingly stupid calls and the offense can't keep turning the ball over. Their road games are going to be worse. Somehow.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

All I know is we need someone that can bring excitement back to AU asap, bc even the diehard fans like us are tired 

• Like 1

Just now, gr82b4au said:

Yep. But at least one of those turnovers was caused by a very poor play calling. And LSU would not have beat us if we would not have given them the ball on the 40 yard line. Just punt the dang ball. 
Defense was playing outstanding tonight

The TO were not caused by a play call.  I agree on punting.

Just now, autiger88 said:

Yep. I agree 100% let him bring in his guys and I think we would be a lot better then what we are now. 

Including his son. I am sorry but I am tired of seeing QBs not consistently be able to complete a slant. The last QB that I saw consistently do that was in 2016, Sean white.

• Like 1

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

All I know is we need someone that can bring excitement back to AU asap, bc even the diehard fans like us are tired 

I have given up freeze because I know we don't have the balls to do it. I want Sanders. I do NOT want Grimes. I don't care how great of a developer he supposedly is. Bring in the damn talent.

• Like 3

I mean damn, I haven't enjoyed AU football, at a consistent level, since I was a teenager. I'm 32 now. At some point we gotta get it right and take that step 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Was your spelling “bought in” intentional? Love a good pun. 👍

• Haha 1

Just now, DAG said:

Including his son. I am sorry but I am tired of seeing QBs not consistently be able to complete a slant. The last QB that I saw consistently do that was in 2016, Sean white.

I would love for his Son to come here with him, that kid is better then anybody we have right now. If Holden can learn he might be just as good. 

21 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

The torches & pitch forks crowd bunching this game with Mercer & Mizzou which actually WERE poorly coached games are feeding each other.

Take out the first 21 minutes and tell me what I should be excited about?  I'll wait.

39 minutes without a single point.  Bad field position management.  And zero 3rd down conversions in the 4th quarter.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1