My closing case for Deion

auburnatl1

Even if we swing and miss I still think we end up with a good coach but the hire absolutely should be Coach Prime. Im not going back to read the last 7 pages because any reason you give is not a good enough reason not to do it.  The hire should be Deion Sanders. Point blank period. 

• Like 3

Completely agree WarEagleHunter1221! No doubt Kiffin and Freeze are great coaching minds. We just need more than that right now. Things I don’t think they can provide that Deion can! Bring on Coach Prime

• Like 2

The only detractor that I have for Prime is the Air Raid offense.  I am not a great big fan of it when you really need to run the ball and clock.  You also need a very good QB

8 hours ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Even if we swing and miss I still think we end up with a good coach but the hire absolutely should be Coach Prime. Im not going back to read the last 7 pages because any reason you give is not a good enough reason not to do it.  The hire should be Deion Sanders. Point blank period. 

U should take the time to read all 7 pages. There's some gems in there 

35 minutes ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

The only detractor that I have for Prime is the Air Raid offense.  I am not a great big fan of it when you really need to run the ball and clock.  You also need a very good QB

Is it the Mike Leach Air raid?

1 hour ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

If Sanders is hired, there's no need to worry about QB for two years. His son will have the job whether he's very good or not.

• Sad 1
  • Dislike 2

Just now, Mikey said:

If Sanders is hired, there's no need to worry about QB for two years. His son will have the job whether he's very good or not.

His son isn't that bad of a QB and would have helped us last night.  Much much much better passer than Ashford.

Just now, AU_Tiger_88 said:

His son isn't that bad of a QB and would have helped us last night.  Much much much better passer than Ashford.

This is an absolute fact. Is Young Sanders better than Geriner or whoever we might be able to get through the portal? That's an open question.

32 minutes ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

Paid site. I haven't studied Deions offense. Which is my fault,   cause he is my #1 choice.  But I should have done more research about his X's and O's. Not sure Air raid will win championships. 

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Paid site. I haven't studied Deions offense. Which is my fault,   cause he is my #1 choice.  But I should have done more research about his X's and O's. Not sure Air raid will win championships. 

Deion is a ceo type but has said his coordinators had to evolve the offense based on the player types in the hcbu’s.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

There is no way you can know that.  You are lying.

5 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Ok. So what would he run at AU?

Uh, I don’t know. The only offensive scheme-based coaches left I can think of are Gus, Jimbo, Mullen, to some degree Kiffin, and (not sure if it’s still true) freeze. The rest hire oc’s that fit the conference and let them run it. 

Edited by auburnatl1

3 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Uh, I don’t know. The only offensive scheme-based coaches left I can think of are Gus, Jimbo, Mullen, and (not sure if it’s still true) freeze. The rest hire oc’s that fit the conference and let them run it. 

Not trying to argue. I think we get so caught up in Deions ability to acquire talent that we don't know enough about his X's and O's. It's a real concern. We don't have a lot a large sample size on him. The first thing everyone says is he has to hire great coordinators. 

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Not trying to argue. I think we get so caught up in Deions ability to acquire talent that we don't know enough about his X's and O's. It's a real concern. We don't have a lot a large sample size on him. The first thing everyone says is he has to hire great coordinators. 

Fair. It’s about judging coaching “athleticism” and ceiling in addition to their resume.

We cannot compete in the SEC while recruiting primarily from our region (those days have passed).  We cannot recruit nationally until we are a proven winner.

However, there is one coach who can immediately get us that kind of attention.  We should hire him.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

That’s my exact point. People are so caught up on the speeches and allure, they can’t even discuss simple X & Os . CEO coach or not, every coach has an ideal based offense or defense they are wanting to see their coordinators run. 

• Facepalm 1

19 minutes ago, DAG said:

That’s my exact point. People are so caught up on the speeches and allure, they can’t even discuss simple X & Os . CEO coach or not, every coach has an ideal based offense or defense they are wanting to see their coordinators run. 

It’s not they it doesn’t exist or that X’s and O’s don’t matter. But it is a we don’t know unless someone (you might enjoy it) wants to sit through 3-4 jax state game videos. That’s what interviews are for. Theoretically he’d be far more defensively oriented. Saban has changed his offense with each coordinator and I’m not sure he’s even involved much in the defensive schemes any more. But it should be a deep part of DS’s vetting.

Edited by auburnatl1

When something is truly competitive,,, you'd better be evolving.  That is what true competition does.  It promotes innovation. 

The idea of an ideal scheme is ludicrous.  The ideal scheme is the one that works now, not in the past.  The "ideal" scheme in the future will not be the "ideal" scheme today.

I hope our conservative, traditional nature will not bite us.  We need to understand where we are today.  We should have learned a lot from Gus.  He was an innovator who became stagnate, arrogant, unwilling to consider that his way needed more than a fresh coat of paint and, a new slogan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

When something is truly competitive,,, you'd better be evolving.  That is what true competition does.  It promotes innovation. 

The idea of an ideal scheme is ludicrous.  The ideal scheme is the one that works now, not in the past.  The "ideal" scheme in the future will not be the "ideal" scheme today.

I hope our conservative, traditional nature will not bite us.  We need to understand where we are today.  We should have learned a lot from Gus.  He was an innovator who became stagnate, arrogant, unwilling to consider that his way needed more than a fresh coat of paint and, a new slogan.

Tell me you don't know football without knowing football. I mean I knew you didn't know football, but this idiotic post just cemented it.  Do you know what a Base scheme is? Deion Sanders runs the air raid, but there are different types of schemes. Holy hell I didn't think people were this dumb. Sonny Dykes Air Raid at TCU is not the same type of Air Raid that Kliff Kingsbury runs with the Cardinals. Do you know who the hell Deion Sanders OC is? Let me give you a hint, he found him from Mike Leach. So if he brings Brett here with him at Auburn, he is probably going to run something similar to that of Leach with a little hint of running the ball more. That is specifically what he wanted after his long time pal T.C. Taylor was the OC. 

But you and others can't even speak to that because you are caught up in YouTube videos lol. You don't even know what damn offense he runs but talking about you want him as a coach. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

It’s not they it doesn’t exist or that X’s and O’s don’t matter. But it is a we don’t know unless someone (you might enjoy it) wants to sit through 3-4 jax state game videos. That’s what interviews are for. Theoretically he’d be far more defensively oriented. Saban has changed his offense with each coordinator and I’m not sure he’s even involved much in the defensive schemes any more. But it should be a deep part of DS’s vetting.

So you don't know. That is okay I did the leg work. Might want to research that next time. It was a pretty simple question.