George Mason Game Thread!!

Tiger

Obviously it's still early but it doesn't seem we have any pure shooters.  What were we like 2-16 from 3?  That just won't do.

• Love 1

FT shooting also has to get better. Broome struggled in the exhibition with that and it seems like we'll struggle again. 3-9 from FT with 2 missed front ends.

1 minute ago, MaxCohen216 said:

Away from TV tonight, just looked at the box score.  How is Flan doing?  Doesn't look like he's had much of an impact on stats.  Did he start?  How does he look?

He did not start. He looks quick and has made some good plays. Hasn’t finished on some others. 

3 minutes ago, gravejd said:

He did not start. He looks quick and has made some good plays. Hasn’t finished on some others. 

OK, thanks.  I'm just a casual fan, but I think he's the key to our season.

2nd half about to start. Hope that the team plays like the first 10 minutes where they kept driving inside and feeding our big guys. Got too happy with the 3 to close it out.

4 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Maybe someone on the staff will realize we can't shoot ourselves out of a porta potty and feed the 95 big dudes we got on the team. maybe a novel concept I dunno 

Bruce Pearl has rarely, if ever, reigned in an over-zealous shooting team.  I'm afraid he's not gonna do it this year either.  I think he's a bit too much of a "player's coach" in that regard.  "Let 'em shoot and have fun" seems to be his calling card.

Auburn doubles and Broome fouls. Can't foul when you're trying to double team like that.

Green to Moore in the corner for the 3!!!

38-27 AU.

BROOME BLOCK!

Going to media timeout. 15:46 left and Auburn's up 42-29.

Mid-range, driving inside is the way to go for this team. We did the same thing to start the game and got out to a big lead.

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Like 1

Another foul call on Auburn, this time by KD. That's 5 fouls already. Gonna be in the bonus with over 10 minutes.

Bad 3 by KD, luckily a Williams rebound. Flan miss 3 at the end of the shot clock. But Cardwell gets fouled on the rebound attempt.

• Like 1

Cardwell with more great positioning and gets fouled going for the rebound. He's pumped up! Get him an alley-oop dunk now!

GM layup. Tre misses the layup. :( Cardwell block but a putback dunk by GM.

44-33 AU

19 minutes ago, MaxCohen216 said:

OK, thanks.  I'm just a casual fan, but I think he's the key to our season.

Chance Westry may be the key to our season. Not going to get much offensively on the perimeter out of Moore and Flanigan. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Tre to Traore and misses the 3 but Cardwell with the rebound. Tre inside misses the layup but Cardwell again with the rebound who passes to Traore for the dunk!

46-33 AU Edit: Media time out with 12:44 left

Cardwell has been MASSIVE keeping this lead with the starters out of the game.

Edited by tgrogan21

Maybe it's the stream cutting in and out,  but we don't look very good tonight.  I am missing a lot of the game though,  so maybe I just get the bad runs.