Full DMs Leaked

Zeek

8 minutes ago, japantiger said:
8 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Trying to pretend that I should alter my standards when making the 2nd most expensive hiring decision in the state of Alabama is ridiculous (Saban being the most expensive one).  Is hiring a public figure, different...only if you let it be.   Ever wonder how our politics got to be the s***-show it is...hint, compromising on the quality of the people we put in places of trust.     

you claim to be such an expert,  but all I have seen is complaining.  

What is your solution to where we are now?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

So,  here we are. 

What do you propose we do about it now?  

Support the team and not feel the need to defend, justify, or "yeah but" freeze's past and reputation. 

19 minutes ago, fasttimes said:

Support the team and not feel the need to defend, justify, or "yeah but" freeze's past and reputation. 

Do you feel the  need to add to the fire by regurgitating exaggerated and sometimes false rumors.   Constantly showing your superior morals.   Some here do. 

No one is "yeah butting".  Posters are just standing by our school, and asking the pessimists to  give this a chance.    Quit throwing gas on the flames.   Quit exaggerating the facts to make it look worse than it is. 

We already have bama/ole miss/uga  fans and media trying to spread misinformation and exaggerations.   Please,  don't help them.

I want to know what the super expert , japantiger, has to  say.  What does he suggest the  university does  from here ?  He must have a lot of wise solutions.  

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Do you feel the  need to add to the fire by regurgitating exaggerated and sometimes false rumors.   Constantly showing your superior morals.   Some here do. 

No one is "yeah butting".  Posters are just standing by our school, and asking the pessimists to  give this a chance.    Quit throwing gas on the flames.   Quit exaggerating the facts to make it look worse than it is. 

We already have bama/ole miss/uga  fans and media trying to spread misinformation and exaggerations.   Please,  don't help them.

I want to know what the super expert , japantiger, has to  say.  What does he suggest the  university does  from here ?  He must have a lot of wise solutions.  

Honestly, if we all would stop giving those posters the response they wanted, it will stop the void. I've already seen posters who swore they were done, slowly come back around. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, japantiger said:

Hardly...the ones that screwed up, unfortunately, got fired.  What do some of you guys do for a living?  You sound like this is a new concept.

No business I know would hire a guy with this baggage...you wouldn't go pick up a guy from a competitor that had been fired from there for major misconduct.      

Been in management 20+ years. Not a new concept. But we never had to worry about our competitors because they weren't consistently beating our brains out year after year with relative ease. I'm not 100% comfortable with the hire either. But this is football. Big time football. Not NAIA, or lower level FCS. Not in our lifetime have we seen both UAT and UGA so far ahead that Auburn can barely field a competitive team. We might as well admit it's a total mismatch. And to see those 2 schools continue to push the envelope in every way imaginable, with zero consequences? It's gone too far. Auburn has run out of time for the patience needed with an unknown or an up and comer. If Freeze is such a pariah, then why on God's green earth did Nick Saban and 4 other SEC schools look into hiring the man back In January of 2018, a mere 6 months after he left Ole Miss? Where was the hue and outcry then? Did it hurt Saban? Or course not. If the new leadership is bold enough to run with it, then why not us? I've got nothing to lose. Do you?

• Like 2