Give Him a Chance

abw0004

13 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Dieon was accused of sexual assault by more than one woman, cheated on his wife multiple times and several other things but you still support him. Obviously if Freeze screws up, he will be fired for cause, and it won’t cost us a dime. And with all of the research done by AU, it appears he has changed. He said he has changed. Most of you are just upset because you didn’t get “your guy” not that you don’t think Freeze work out.

Be interested to hear a response to this. I'm thinking all u will get is crickets

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Dieon was accused of sexual assault by more than one woman, cheated on his wife multiple times and several other things but you still support him. Obviously if Freeze screws up, he will be fired for cause, and it won’t cost us a dime. And with all of the research done by AU, it appears he has changed. He said he has changed. Most of you are just upset because you didn’t get “your guy” not that you don’t think Freeze work out.

Funny part is Hugh's biggest haters are Caddy's and Gus's biggest fans..but they have nothing to say about both those mens' very public support of the hire.

Telling.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

Funny part is Hugh's biggest haters are Caddy's and Gus's biggest fans..but they have nothing to say about both those mens' very public support of the hire.

Telling.

Yes, Gus and Freeze have been friends for years. I think going back to their high school days. Seems like it’s coming from two camps:

1. I didn’t get my guy so I’m upset.

2. I am holier than thou (Christ himself) so I am upset.

4 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

What’s even worse is people comparing those teen-young adults very minor actions (I’ve seen Cam and the laptop thing mentioned often) to the s*** Hugh got in trouble for 

Crazy right...

56 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Deion isn’t that hard a name to spell 

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

Could you post those sexual accusations?

44 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Be interested to hear a response to this. I'm thinking all u will get is crickets

The vast majority of that post you quoted is one person’s response to a topic. It’s not a “gotcha” that individual doesn’t care about Freeze did bc others have moved on…it’s his choice to do so 

I myself have not gone out my way to quote others and change their opinion on this matter because…I do not care to try to change others opinions

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

The vast majority of that post you quoted is one person’s response to a topic. It’s not a “gotcha” that individual doesn’t care about Freeze did bc others have moved on…it’s his choice to do so 

I myself have not gone out my way to quote others and change their opinion on this matter because…I do not care to try to change others opinions

Just read a few of these guys posts and it's clear. I mean let's be real there aren't too many people that's going to make friends with au-24 off his/her personality. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Yes, Gus and Freeze have been friends for years. I think going back to their high school days. Seems like it’s coming from two camps:

1. I didn’t get my guy so I’m upset.

2. I am holier than thou (Christ himself) so I am upset.

This is such an odd take

38 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Could you post those sexual accusations?

Feb 27, 1989  •Florida State's two-time All-America cornerback, Deion Sanders, ... had been implicated in at least 61 sexual assaults between '83 and '85.

https://vault.si.com/.amp/vault/1989/02/27/an-american-disgrace-a-violent-and-unprecedented-lawlessness-has-arisen-among-college-athletes-in-all-parts-of-the-country

The first suit, filed Feb. 7, alleges threats, intimidation, bullying and physical and emotional abuse over several months by Deion Sanders against his wife. It details one particular incident at the couple’s Prosper home on Feb. 6. The suit alleges that Laura Jones, Sanders’ aunt, came inside despite repeated requests to leave and assaulted Pilar Sanders. It also claims that Deion Sanders encouraged the assault.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/2012/03/01/wife-sues-former-dallas-cowboy-deion-sanders-daughter-for-200-million/?outputType=amp

Feb 2, 2012  "Since [Deion] filed for divorce on December 21, 2011, he has given [Pilar] $300.00 and offered her money in exchange for sexual favors," the ...
Edited by AU-24
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Feb 27, 1989  •Florida State's two-time All-America cornerback, Deion Sanders, ... had been implicated in at least 61 sexual assaults between '83 and '85.

https://vault.si.com/.amp/vault/1989/02/27/an-american-disgrace-a-violent-and-unprecedented-lawlessness-has-arisen-among-college-athletes-in-all-parts-of-the-country

So Deion had 61 sexual assaults in 2 years? I'm sure you have done your misread something and posting it as fact again.....

I can't believe some people are happy because he was Gus friend. Some of you loved Gus that much? That's wild

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

So Deion had 61 sexual assaults in 2 years? I'm sure you have done your misread something and posting it as fact again.....

Yes, I miss read all of the 12 to 14 page rap sheets of Dion’s indiscretions.

I supplied links by the way.

• Dislike 2

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Posted stories and links for Cole and him. Of course Cole is denying any of the 3 to 4 reports are true. And there’s more out there, I just posted a few of them.

I didn’t mention, because of all of his transgressions he committed suicide but thankfully wasn’t successful. But yes, this is the reason they are so upset that AU hired Freeze. Because they really want a guy like Prime on the sidelines and they believe in completely forgiving him etc. But not Freeze or Kiffin.

• Dislike 1

19 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Here’s more on what a wonderful guy Deion is:

Woman: Deion Sanders discouraged rape report

Wednesday August 9, 2006  Terry Hornbuckle

Accuser’s mother testifies ex-Cowboy said pastor suicidal

FORT WORTH – Former Dallas Cowboys star Deion Sanders urged a woman not to report allegations that Arlington pastor Terry Hornbuckleraped her daughter, the mother testified in court Tuesday.

Loretta Sheppard, 46, told the jury in Mr. Hornbuckle’s rape and drug trial that Mr. Sanders said he and pastor T.D. Jakes of The Potter’s House in Dallas were working with Mr. Hornbuckle on his problems.

https://www.religionnewsblog.com/15563/woman-deion-sanders-discouraged-rape-report

37 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I can't believe some people are happy because he was Gus friend. Some of you loved Gus that much? That's wild

What is wild is loving this guy so much:

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/deion-sanders-leaves-courtroom-while-estranged-wife-testifies/1940414/

Pilar Sanders also accused Deion Sanders of physical abuse. She said he choked her while they were filming their reality show for saying, "I can't help it that I am funnier than you."

"He leapt across the table and lifted me by my throat," she testified.

When her attorneys asked how it made her feel, she said she had been "highly concerned, because I couldn't breathe and it hurt very bad, and it was in front of people for the first time."

As Pilar Sanders began to testify about the steroids, Deion Sanders stood up, muttered under his breath in disgust and stormed out of the courtroom. He didn't come back until after the lunch break.

Deion Sanders 

NFL Hall of Famer, Deion Sanders played corner for the Atlanta Falcons, San Francisco 49ers, Dallas Cowboys, Washington Redskins and Baltimore Ravens. Sanders NFL career lasted from 1989 - 2005. Sanders is a member of the NFL All-Decade Team of the 1990's.

Sanders was arrested for disorderly conduct in 1991 and then again in 1989 for assaulting two fans that heckled him in a minor league baseball game. A third arrest occurred in a department store in 1988.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/1115211-the-top-50-mugshots-in-nfl-history.amp.html

8 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Deion Sanders 

Sanders was arrested for disorderly conduct in 1991 and then again in 1989 for assaulting two fans that heckled him in a minor league baseball game. A third arrest occurred in a department store in 1988.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/1115211-the-top-50-mugshots-in-nfl-history.amp.html

quote from behind paywall I found interesting.   

Florida State Coach Bobby Bowden, accepting Sanders’ version of an incident in which some witnesses said the player used physical force against either store clerks or auxiliary police, said he will employ the veteran cornerback as usual in the Sugar Bowl Monday against Auburn.

4 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

quote from behind paywall I found interesting.   

Florida State Coach Bobby Bowden, accepting Sanders’ version of an incident in which some witnesses said the player used physical force against either store clerks or auxiliary police, said he will employ the veteran cornerback as usual in the Sugar Bowl Monday against Auburn.

Of course, Bowden wanted him in the bowl game.

Then years later, Prime was supposed to speak at Bobby Bowdens funeral, and he didn’t show. He did visit the family later as Warrick Dunn had to step in and speak for him, but he wasn’t at the funeral.

Now look what y'all have done! You've provided links to facts and actual records. You've chased Cole away. Shame on you! :)

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

12 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

It is just that particular bowl game and how it ended that hurts. 

If anyone was too young to remember.   man I miss defenses like these two teams.   The ending of the game is at 1:27:24.     :24 seconds left in the game 1st and 10 from FSU 22 YL   Auburn's offensive drive started at our own 4 yard line.  we are 6 points down..... 

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Like 1

Apparently Sanders wasn't a serious candidate , but my whole issue was judge each candidate fairly. With the links provided above, it's obvious that wasn't done by some of this board. I'm sure Deion has changed and become a better man. Let's afford Danny Hugh the same opportunity 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Here’s more on what a wonderful guy Deion is:

Woman: Deion Sanders discouraged rape report

Wednesday August 9, 2006  Terry Hornbuckle

Accuser’s mother testifies ex-Cowboy said pastor suicidal

FORT WORTH – Former Dallas Cowboys star Deion Sanders urged a woman not to report allegations that Arlington pastor Terry Hornbuckleraped her daughter, the mother testified in court Tuesday.

Loretta Sheppard, 46, told the jury in Mr. Hornbuckle’s rape and drug trial that Mr. Sanders said he and pastor T.D. Jakes of The Potter’s House in Dallas were working with Mr. Hornbuckle on his problems.

https://www.religionnewsblog.com/15563/woman-deion-sanders-discouraged-rape-report

This is the one most troubling to me...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Yes, I miss read all of the 12 to 14 page rap sheets of Dion’s indiscretions.

I supplied links by the way.

What you posted was literally someone doing a report about ALL OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL. It wasn't just Sanders. I can now see that you don't actually read the stuff, you just quickly Google and then believe everything you see. 12 to 14 you say? You don't have to read it for me or copy and paste it just a link would be good. Could you link that? Not every person that played football just Deion Sanders is all I'm asking

But I asked you a very specific question I asked you to post the sexual assaults....what you came up with was an allegation from a former wife that he wasn't convicted of. There aren't multiple ones like you suggested. So you then just went to whatever you could find on him. Which is cool I expect nothing less from you, but even you should feel that you shouldn't necessarily just say a person has been convicted multiple times of sexual assault if it's not true.....I mean admin said they wouldn't tolerate any of that foolishness and they would hand out bans......

• Like 1