DJ Uiagalelei

AUY2K

Even if we don't bring in another QB, we have a lot of material for Freeze to work with. I would think our stable of QBs are giddy about their situation. They were in a seemingly hopeless situation and suddenly may just have hit the jackpot. Can't remember us having a better situation in the last 10 years. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, auskull said:

Even if we don't bring in another QB, we have a lot of material for Freeze to work with. I would think our stable of QBs are giddy about their situation. They were in a seemingly hopeless situation and suddenly may just have hit the jackpot. Can't remember us having a better situation in the last 10 years. 

If RA magically became a better passer over the off season I’d be fine with him. Don’t care who plays. We need a leader out there who can make the necessary throws. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Auctoritas said:

My wife's family are Clemson fans and, therefore, so am I. I watch them pretty much every week.

DJ is Jeremy Johnson. High ceiling coming out of HS, looked gangbusters in limited duty behind a great QB so everyone thought he was the next big one, but then happy feet and slow first step evading the rush has totally shot his confidence.

Hard pass.

Living in SC the Clemson fans grind on me. But I will say there are much worse fan bases out there. All my in laws roll with the tide even though 70% of them have never lived in the state of Alabama let alone attended the university. 

On 12/2/2022 at 5:06 PM, NES said:

Not a bad guy or bad player. His talent is much better than his production, very frustrating 

and this is where i believe a huge value of having freeze as coach. i bet he makes him better. but can he make him better enough to make a huge difference like he did mr willis at liberty. this kid was one of the best when he was recruited. and freeze is all about teaching swagger.

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I don't understand this fan base

All fanbases are complete morons

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Robby has the ability, he just needs to be taught a little and improve his passing especially his touch passes . He also needs to learn to read the field better and learn some patience in the backfield and allow things to develop. Robby is playing sandlot football at the present but he is gifted in athletic ability. He reminds me of Bennet IV in his early years. I totally believe Robby is coachable. But we do need good backups as well. 

Edited by Eagle Eye 7
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Robby has the ability, he just needs to be taught a little and improve his passing especially his touch passes . He also needs to learn to read the field better and learn some patience in the backfield and allow things to develop. Robby is playing sandlot football at the present but he is gifted in athletic ability. He reminds me of Bennet IV in his early years. I totally believe Robby is coachable. But we do need good backups as well. 

What you describe is not a little, and generally takes alot more than 1 cycle to accomplish, especially at this starting point.

RA wasn’t even at 50% passing.  Will take more than a year to get him to 55%!   He needs to move to WR/speed sweep/wildcat.

Auburn needs a true starting QB with 60% pass completions for 2023 to be competitive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

I hope not after his performance and attitude at Clemson.

Attitude? Have you heard something I haven't? He's definitely had his issues as a player, but most of the Clemson people I know have felt bad for him as much of anything and said character has never been in question.

I wonder if Freeze could help DJ like he did Willis. DJ definitely ranked much higher than Willis coming out. Could he actually shine at AU?

I originally thought no, but is his ceiling still higher than Ashford’s?

Edited by CCTAU

On 12/4/2022 at 6:04 AM, auskull said:

Our stable of QB’s?

In a Dec 6 Al.com article, Freeze stated his QBs need to be fundamentally accurate to succeed in his system. That's Ugagalelei (62% in college) and it's not Ashford (49.2% in college).

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

They did a great job with Bo. Probably a good place to get consistency.

Oregon's OC Dillingham I believe is going to be the new head coach at Arizona State, and Dillingham and Bo had previous work experience together at Auburn in 2019. So while there's consistency with the head coach, there's shifting with OCs and possibly schemes/coaching there.

On 12/4/2022 at 11:12 AM, cole256 said:

I don't understand this fan base

Yeah….it’s chaotic more than not 

On 12/2/2022 at 4:37 PM, Timeslider 6 said:

Here's a good article on DJ Uiagalelei, as well as other top QBs that may transfer.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/hayes-top-10-qbs-who-potentially-could-enter-the-transfer-portal/

This Article mentions Garrett Nussmeier to Auburn. Don't know where this came from, but i will say, he had a very nice game in the SECCG, coming in after an injury to Daniels. Mobile and throws a nice ball. Worth a look.