DJ Uiagalelei

AUY2K

Hell no we don’t need to look at him. If he can’t make it work at Clemson then he can’t make it work anywhere.

Ashford hadn’t played QB in 2 years then he was thrown into action plus he had a 100 injuries which obviously affected his passing. I’d rather stick with Ashford over DJ.

I think we should still probably add another QB but maybe a pocket passer 

Edited by Sizzle

15 hours ago, Timeslider 6 said:

what is everyone's problem with this guy? i haven't seen anything to imply he may be a bad fit.

He's not very good.  QB play has been one of the biggest sore spots for Clemson's offense the past two years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

Hell no we don’t need to look at him. If he can’t make it work at Clemson then he can’t make it work anywhere.

Ashford hadn’t played QB in 2 years then he was thrown into action plus he had a 100 injuries which obviously affected his passing. I’d rather stick with Ashford over DJ.

I think we should still probably add another QB but maybe a pocket passer 

We already have 2-3 of those...RA may not end up being the guy in this offense.  We will see.  Expect a good QB battle this spring.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

We already have 2-3 of those...RA may not end up being the guy in this offense.  We will see.  Expect a good QB battle this spring.

2-3 what? Pocket passers? If that’s what you meant I wouldn’t mind seeing them add another, but somebody really accurate. Not a guy who’s slow so he’s called a pocket passer because that’s the only thing he can do even if he’s not that accurate 

1 minute ago, Sizzle said:

2-3 what? Pocket passers? If that’s what you meant I wouldn’t mind seeing them add another, but somebody really accurate. Not a guy who’s slow so he’s called a pocket passer because that’s the only thing he can do even if he’s not that accurate 

Zach Calzada - Pocket Passer (Should be fine by spring) 

Holden Geriner - Pocket Passer

TJ Finley - Pocket Passer

So those 3 are pocket passers.  Not saying they are good.  Would like to see Geriner and Calzada how they progress.  Not sure if Calzada would be read to go spring so if not then get another. 

So depending upon the offense we plan to run depends on who we need.  But throwing Geriner out without analysis is bad, same with Calzada (he was hurt and not recovered from his procedure and may never be, don't know)

19 hours ago, AUY2K said:

Is this guy an option at QB for us?  Apparently he is leaving Clemson? 

My wife's family are Clemson fans and, therefore, so am I. I watch them pretty much every week.

DJ is Jeremy Johnson. High ceiling coming out of HS, looked gangbusters in limited duty behind a great QB so everyone thought he was the next big one, but then happy feet and slow first step evading the rush has totally shot his confidence.

Hard pass.

Edited by Auctoritas
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

Zach Calzada - Pocket Passer (Should be fine by spring) 

Holden Geriner - Pocket Passer

TJ Finley - Pocket Passer

So those 3 are pocket passers.  Not saying they are good.  Would like to see Geriner and Calzada how they progress.  Not sure if Calzada would be read to go spring so if not then get another. 

So depending upon the offense we plan to run depends on who we need.  But throwing Geriner out without analysis is bad, same with Calzada (he was hurt and not recovered from his procedure and may never be, don't know)

I’m pretty sure TJ is transferring. I’m not against Calzada competing in the spring but I don’t think there’s much upside there.

Geriner is probably the future, hopefully he gets a legit shot in the spring

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Auctoritas said:

My wife's family are Clemson fans and, therefore, so am I. I watch them pretty much every week.

DJ is Jeremy Johnson. High ceiling coming out of HS, looked gangbusters in limited duty behind a great QB so everyone thought he was the next big one, but then happy feet and slow first step evading the rush has totally shot his confidence.

Hard pass.

Did he ever throw a backwards pass? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

I’m pretty sure TJ is transferring. I’m not against Calzada competing in the spring but I don’t think there’s much upside there.

Geriner is probably the future, hopefully he gets a legit shot in the spring

That is why I said 2-3 originally depending upon if someone transfers

6 hours ago, Auctoritas said:

Hard pass.

Thank you. Agreed. Jeremy was all world for a couple of games. I’m not sure what Freeze wants, but I would like to see Holden behind a line with at least 3 to 5 seconds to read his receivers. Ashford is an athlete for sure, but that doesn’t mean he will turn into a Nick Marshall. Also, there are a lot of good QB’s hitting the portal. 

I think really, you only have Holden and Robbie.  Calzada.....not so sure about him.  He could make it back but not sure how effective he might be.  As a result, I think you have to find a qb in the transfer portal that fits the style that Freeze likes and then let them fight it out in the spring.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Did y"all see that first throw...no. I feel like there will be more quality options out there..

DIL is a Clemson grad. She says 'please take him'......😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, roe4christ said:

I think really, you only have Holden and Robbie.  Calzada.....not so sure about him.  He could make it back but not sure how effective he might be.  As a result, I think you have to find a qb in the transfer portal that fits the style that Freeze likes and then let them fight it out in the spring.

One thing about Freeze is it seems like he develops his back QBs and they perform when called upon.  Next year’s QB competition should be interesting.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2022 at 6:22 PM, Hank2020 said:

Gotta be consistent thrower.

If CHF can develop his passing consistency/accuracy……then work on his decision making……..he could really be a weapon.  That’s a lot to ask. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

One thing about Freeze is it seems like he develops his back QBs and they perform when called upon.  Next year’s QB competition should be interesting.

Good thing he does, he played with his 3rd & 4th string a lot this year...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

Good thing he does, he played with his 3rd & 4th string a lot this year...

I can’t remember the last time Auburn had a backup QB that was not much of a drop off in performance when they were in.