xavier game

Guest mtn_tgr

Guest mtn_tgr

Auburn is playing well. But it will be tough to win if Xavier keeps shooting the three ball like they are. Auburn trails 22-17 half way through first half.

Guest mtn_tgr

Auburn trails by 17 at half, but have really not played poorly. Xavier is shooting the lights out. Hit 10 3 pointers in the first half. they are shooting 66 percent from the field. And have two players who have hit 3 three pointers and one who hit 4. And auburn is only shooting 33 percent and is 4-14 beyond the arc.

Auburn's problem like they mentioned in the broadcast is that they don't have an inside presence. Auburn is running down court throwing up a shot and if they miss it's 1 and done. Without having a big guy inside, it's going to be tough for them to get 2nd chance oppurtunity and get rebounds.

Hopefully Auburn can at least keep it respectable. I may have to change channels if it gets too ugly.

Guest mtn_tgr

Auburn Doesn't have an inside game..but that doesnt mean they have to fire up the first wild shot they get. They still need to patient and get decent looks and not throw up wild shots like they did the latter part of the first half. But they have started out the second half on a 9-0 run now 42-34. War Eagle!!

Guest mtn_tgr

Auburn played well, Xavier just played awesomely. Xavier shot 59% from the floor, 61% from 3 point land, and 100% from the free throw line, and had 22 assists. Auburn shot just 36% from the floor, 33% from 3-land, and shot pretty well at 82% from the free throw line, with 13 assists. It could be a long sec season with basically 4 guards and a forward in the line-up. I will give auburn credit, we were down 17 at the half and went on an 11-0 run to start the second half and cut it to 6, but then we just ran out of gas. Oh well. War Eagle anyways!!!!!!!!!!

Just got back from the game, and I'm proud of the way some of our guys played hard even when the game was all but over (Hargrove). I'm not impressed with shot selection at all though, Reed and Tolbert seemed content to throw up the first semi-open 3 pointer they had.

Also not happy with Reed dribbling from wing to wing along the baseline. Every time he did it he stepped on the line and turned the ball over.

All in all, it's kind of hard to win when the other team hits about 18 3 pointers and shoots over 60% from behind the arc. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. :no:

Archived