2009 Recruiting

BroncoAU

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love for Cotton to change his mind. But then again, we don't even know if he's the right QB for whatever system the OC will run. He's a spread QB, but if we're looking for more of an accurate, pocket-passer who can run if he has to, I'm not sure Cotton fits that bill. Maybe I'm wrong about that since I haven't actually watched the kid play.

I'd love for Cotton to change his mind. But then again, we don't even know if he's the right QB for whatever system the OC will run. He's a spread QB, but if we're looking for more of an accurate, pocket-passer who can run if he has to, I'm not sure Cotton fits that bill. Maybe I'm wrong about that since I haven't actually watched the kid play.

I think he would. Ive watched his video and im highly impressed. Auburn, Ark, UF, Ole Miss, USM and Tenn are all pursuing him and how many of those schools run the spread? I serioulsy doubt Ole Miss, Ark Tenn will run the spread and I know Nutt won't, so if they think he would fit in their run based pass 2nd offense, then he would be great here.

I can only hope.........

Titan you are dead on. Cotton is not the qb for us. Raw talent like someone else we have been dealing with. We need someone more polished, pocket oriented that is a little bit mobile. Cotton to me is a project. Look for the battle in the spring to really heat up between Caudle and Trotter.

Titan you are dead on. Cotton is not the qb for us. Raw talent like someone else we have been dealing with. We need someone more polished, pocket oriented that is a little bit mobile. Cotton to me is a project. Look for the battle in the spring to really heat up between Caudle and Trotter.

...For backup QB

If thats the case then why are schools who don't run the spread pursuing him as well? The dynamic of the game has changed, and its ideal to have a QB that can run/scramble when necessary to avoid pressure, (Ask Brandon Cox). And didn't CGC still made a phone call to Cotton after the hire? if CGC decides to run the ball and do a play action type of offense, then Cotton fits the bill at AU.. Not Chris Todd for sure..

You are only saying this about Cotton because he decommitted, had he not, you would be praising him.. Just like Bammers did with Tim Tebow..

You are only saying this about Cotton because he decommitted, had he not, you would be praising him.. Just like Bammers did with Tim Tebow..

My thought on this is if he decommitted he committed for the wrong reasons. Don't get me wrong I want a player to come to Auburn to be part of the football team. but I would rather have a player that comes to Auburn because Auburn is a place he wants to be. Not sure I want a player that jumps ship at the first sign of adversity. But we all know what goes in the mind of 18yrs olds.

My thought on this is if he decommitted he committed for the wrong reasons. Don't get me wrong I want a player to come to Auburn to be part of the football team. but I would rather have a player that comes to Auburn because Auburn is a place he wants to be. Not sure I want a player that jumps ship at the first sign of adversity. But we all know what goes in the mind of 18yrs olds.

I will agree with you there, my guess is Cotton didn't like the hire, but who knows.. its their future and they have to becareful how they plan it out, as well as what their goals are... All I know is I want Cotton to go to AU..

...For backup QB

So who'll start in your opinion and why?

As much as people have raved about Cotton, it's not as big of a loss to this class as some put it out to be. We have a full stable of quarterbacks, some capable... some not. I'd take a good OL or DL/DE over Cotton any day with this class.

If thats the case then why are schools who don't run the spread pursuing him as well? The dynamic of the game has changed, and its ideal to have a QB that can run/scramble when necessary to avoid pressure, (Ask Brandon Cox). And didn't CGC still made a phone call to Cotton after the hire? if CGC decides to run the ball and do a play action type of offense, then Cotton fits the bill at AU.. Not Chris Todd for sure..

He isn't Tim Tebow and I am no bammer....oh my god I just puked in my mouth a little. Anyway.....No, I am saying that because to me he is another Kodi Burns. Inconsistent project. Bad mechanics just a lot of raw talent. I didn't say he has no talent but we already have one and he isn't that great. Granted Kodi received about as poor of coaching as possible this year. We will see if he comes around. And to the other post above my gut tells me Trotter may be your starter on opening day. Kid can do it all and has some moxie to go along with it. Kid's a gamer. I may be wrong but if everyone is spewing opinion then I may as well get my 2 cents in. War Eagle and Merry Christmas everyone.

...For backup QB

As much as people have raved about Cotton, it's not as big of a loss to this class as some put it out to be. We have a full stable of quarterbacks, some capable... some not. I'd take a good OL or DL/DE over Cotton any day with this class.

I will be SHOCKED if KODI is not our starting QB in the fall.....

KODI haters really don't realize his UPSIDE....

there isnt too many QB's who can give you a 300 yd passing game and a 150 yd rushing game the next game

if we get the right OC/QB's coach KODI will be a star next year

...For backup QB

there isnt too many QB's who can give you a 300 yd passing game and a 150 yd rushing game the next game

If we get back to a smash mouth style offense, Kodi Burns will excel.

Hit 'em a lick, hit 'em a lick, harder, harder. Pull 'em up and hit 'em deep.

...For backup QB

I'm not a Cody basher but he makes a lot of just dumb decisions. He looks to run to much,

Maybe its just me I just don't like a QB that looks to make plays with his feet. If we ran the wishbone fine ,

He's perfect. IMHO the QB is supposed to get the ball to someone who can make a play, Not do it himself.

I may be wrong it would not be a first trust me. If it work's so good why don't the pros do it?

What was Todd's Win pct ? And what was Cody's pct? not comparing just asking

...For backup QB

I'm not a Cody basher but he makes a lot of just dumb decisions. He looks to run to much,

Maybe its just me I just don't like a QB that looks to make plays with his feet. If we ran the wishbone fine ,

He's perfect. IMHO the QB is supposed to get the ball to someone who can make a play, Not do it himself.

I may be wrong it would not be a first trust me. If it work's so good why don't the pros do it?

First it is Kodi, not Cody so you fail at reading the posts before yours. He had to run because the o line sucked at blocking this year, ask Todd cause he ate dirt quite often. I like a qb that can make plays with his feet when the wideouts can't get open which is something that Auburn wrs have excelled at. The pros do it, watch any game because at least one qb will run out of the pocket and make a play. Todd's winning pct was better because he had the easier part of the schedule.

...For backup QB

First it is Kodi, not Cody so you fail at reading the posts before yours. He had to run because the o line sucked at blocking this year, ask Todd cause he ate dirt quite often. I like a qb that can make plays with his feet when the wideouts can't get open which is something that Auburn wrs have excelled at. The pros do it, watch any game because at least one qb will run out of the pocket and make a play. Todd's winning pct was better because he had the easier part of the schedule.

Well I take it your a KODI lover! Im not , When you run the spread or the whisbone, like I said he's perfect.

If you like him that's great. I don't, I like a pocket passer like Bradford or Harrell they look to throw first.

Now with that being said I know the next thing is to call me stupid B/C I spelled his name wrong. my nephew's name is Cody and I got in a hurry. I wish I could be as perfect as you though. I think the folks on this board need to start there day with Decaf It may help . bunch of grouches :angry:

...For backup QB

Well I take it your a KODI lover! Im not , When you run the spread or the whisbone, like I said he's perfect.

If you like him that's great. I don't, I like a pocket passer like Bradford or Harrell they look to throw first.

Now with that being said I know the next thing is to call me stupid B/C I spelled his name wrong. my nephew's name is Cody and I got in a hurry. I wish I could be as perfect as you though. I think the folks on this board need to start there day with Decaf It may help . bunch of grouches :angry:

What he said.

Burns had UGA and Bama. Other than that I cant see how the schedule is much different.

...For backup QB

Umm, the best is a QB that can do whatever is perfect for the current play. Why shouldn't he run for 20 yards instead of passing to somebody for 10 if that is what is available that particular play?

If you had a Tebow, would you trade him for a Harell or Bradford because they always look to pass and never run no matter what kind of offense you are running?

And the spelling part, if you can go two years (plus read the posts before yours where you could copy what they typed) and still not know how to spell the starting QB's name, then that will make people question your competence at accessing anything related to the topic of starting QB.

Umm, the best is a QB that can do whatever is perfect for the current play. Why shouldn't he run for 20 yards instead of passing to somebody for 10 if that is what is available that particular play?

If you had a Tebow, would you trade him for a Harell or Bradford because they always look to pass and never run no matter what kind of offense you are running?

And the spelling part, if you can go two years (plus read the posts before yours where you could copy what they typed) and still not know how to spell the starting QB's name, then that will make people question your competence at accessing anything related to the topic of starting QB.

Well I guess your one of the people who needs the decaf. I Was responding to one guys post,

#1 I don't read every post. I skip over the crybaby one's. Most of the time

# 2 If you have not coached a down of football at Auburn, My opinions as good as yours. Right?

Here's why I don't like running QB's Take Kodi for instance. If you build your offence around him running the ball all the time, And rely on him to make all the big plays. If he gets hurt your season goes down in flame's. If on the other hand you have playmakers at running back and wide outs who can make plays,

Now you have a team. And besides Tebow is a freak. IMHO Auburn needs a QB like Campbell. A good manager of the game. Check to the right play, And run when he has to . And get the damn ball to the right guy at the right time. If running QB's works so well . Why don't the pros run it ?

B/C your QB is your season that's why

Everyone's favorite QB is usually playing 2nd string or for another team or is the next greatest HS phenom.

I agree totally.I'm just not a Kodi guy. And to make the analogy that somehow Kodi is like Tebow!

Kodi couldn't carry Tebow's jock. He's not as smart or strong or as good of a athlete as Super man.

Kodi may be able to out run him in foot race . But it wouldn't be by much. I think he should be moved to the slot. and use him in some king of wildcat scheme.

Everyone's favorite QB is usually playing 2nd string or for another team or is the next greatest HS phenom.

I agree totally.I'm just not a Kodi guy. And to make the analogy that somehow Kodi is like Tebow!

Kodi couldn't carry Tebow's jock. He's not as smart or strong or as good of a athlete as Super man.

Kodi may be able to out run him in foot race . But it wouldn't be by much. I think he should be moved to the slot. and use him in some king of wildcat scheme.

Do you remember the way some, not all, but some talked about Jason Campbell, his FR, SOPH & JR years?

Threre are new coaches and we will find out a lot about the entire team and coaches this spring.

If Kodi Burns is not a good QB prospect, he sure fooled as lot of analysts and college recruiters. It would be a major shock if someone else starts at QB for Auburn next year.

We don't know yet what kind of offense we'll be running. CGC can say "smash mouth" all he wants. You can play smash mouth from the Spread. After watching Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, West Virginia, Florida, Oregon State (whupped So. Cal) and some others, I hope we adopt the Spread, just without Tony Franklin.

PS: Barrett Trotter was recruited specifically to run the spread. It's what Caudle ran in HS, and what Chris Todd was recruited to run. Kodi is well suited for it. We just might wind up running an "Auburn Spread". Besides, if we do, think of all the fuel this will give the Negative Nancys on this forum. By then they will be tired of griping about CGC, JJ, and Lowder. If we run the spread offense they will have several more months of complaining available to them.

By then they will be tired of griping about CGC, JJ, and Lowder. If we run the spread offense they will have several more months of complaining available to them.

Mikey, they will never tire of that and they will not limit themselves to several more months. They are committed and their commitment runs deep. <_<:(

No matter which offense we run in 2009, it will help to not let the opposition know the play before we run the play. :slapfh:

Archived