Derrick Green

RunInRed

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's all Michigan. He said they were leading at the Army game and not much has happened since then. He says he already knows who he is going to pick so don't get your hopes up with him

I think AU has a good shot. RB has pretty much been camping out at Green's house. This one is going to be close.

He's all Michigan. He said they were leading at the Army game and not much has happened since then. He says he already knows who he is going to pick so don't get your hopes up with him

I think AU has a good shot. RB has pretty much been camping out at Green's house. This one is going to be close.p

That's good to hear, though, I'm not holding my breath on this one. But, it would give us some great momentum going in to Feb.

Throwing away his potential if he goes to Michigan. The best play in the SEC.

SEC is no doubt the best but Michigan is nothing to sneeze at either. Hoke is doing a good job of repairing what Rich Rod left.

Michigan is one of the top programs of all time and have been a top 25 team the past few years. Big 10 players have been getting drafted into the NFL too so not quite sure why he is throwing away his potential

Well, it appears to be changing again...

@EagleDamnWar

5 star RB Derrick Green is expected to visit Auburn next weekend per 247 sports.

Just posted at 11:58AM on 1/13/13

Ha, update. Cam may be a more reliable source than 247...

@Ellitor_TheLion

@EagleDamnWar actually Green visiting next weekend is per Cam Toney not 247

If DG comes down here next weekend on his own dime from Virginia, then I think we would be in the lead, but no telling if he actually decides to visit.

EagleDamnWar@EagleDamnWar

@Ellitor_TheLion the coaches told that to Toney who told it to 247/rivals. Dies it seriously matter?

Then as kookau pointed out it likely did not come from the coaches. Cam Toney and Green are good friends so it likely came from Toney. People are saying it does not matter. This is why I say it matters. Toney more credible than recruit sites & 2 fans may wrongly get mad at 247 and Bryan if he does not visit. Many Auburn fans follow EDW so accuracy is important.

@Ellitor_TheLion the coaches told that to Toney who told it to 247/rivals. Dies it seriously matter?

Then as kookau pointed out it likely did not come from the coaches. Cam Toney and Green are good friends so it likely came from Toney. People are saying it does not matter. This is why I say it matters. Toney more credible than recruit sites & 2 fans may wrongly get mad at 247 and Bryan if he does not visit. Many Auburn fans follow EDW so accuracy is important.

I understand where you are coming from but it was a simple tweet, he read it on 247 where they quoted toney, so technically it was per 247 that he got the information...i do enjoy the pissing matches you two have on twitter ;D

I understand where you are coming from but it was a simple tweet, he read it on 247 where they quoted toney, so technically it was per 247 that he got the information...i do enjoy the pissing matches you two have on twitter ;D

Not pissing anymore and that was not my intent of my tweets. Just trying to help him be aware of responsibility of having many followers.

Any "official" word on if he is really visiting? All I have heard of is a supposed quote from Toney...

That is part of the reason for the in home on Thursday. Green has not set a visit up yet with Auburn.

Any "official" word on if he is really visiting? All I have heard of is a supposed quote from Toney...

That is part of the reason for the in home on Thursday. Green has not set a visit up yet with Auburn.

Really hope we sway this kid.

He has a body with definite NFL potential! Some kids seem flashier maybe in HS or have more break-away speed. But he has plenty enough speed and strength that with an incredible RB coach, he could be special.

P.S. Sure wish I could get my post count back from the other profile. I can't even start a thread. :-\

For some reason I've had a gut feeling from the beginning that this kid really wants to play in the SEC. I hope I'm right...

Agreed, he knows he can do it.

Archived