Official Ambles Thread

AU66

If we can get Lattimore, Whitaker, Lemonier, and Jones ............... There is "No One" I'd rather close this Class out with than Lache Seastrunk !!! A lot of you said "Character" is the reason you don't "Want" Lache (ST stated Character isn't an issue with LS), but yet you want "Ambles" ??? ............. It doesn't make any sense !!!

I would "A Lot" rather have a "Cocky" guy  :cool: that "Can Back it Up", than a "Talented" guy with an "Attitude"  >:( .............. Compare "Randy Moss" (Cocky) to "Terrell Owens" (Attitude) !!!

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we have 5 schollys free so it could be lemonier jones whittaker latt and ambles

We have two more including Mack. We have 5 more we can "sign" but only 2 more scholarships if theoretically everyone were to qualify. Like someone else said earlier, I see us ending at 31 or 32 since everyone is expected to qualify. Howard may very well go elsewhere if we land Lattimore so 30 or 31. 30 would be the key number if theoretically everyone qualifies. No one would need to gray shirt. We certainly need Whitaker and Jones though.

thank u ya 5 more we can sign and gray shirts and stuff will be interesting to see who get them

I just always think that perception is very important.  If we have room, I have no doubt that we should try to recruit this kid very hard.  I believe with his talent that hopefully a coaching staff like ours could erase attitude issues and be able to get the most out of him.

P.S.  I live in Columbia, and the tune of the Gamecock faithful has changed a great deal from Monday until today.  There were a lot of callers giving the "we don't care about stars" song and dance routine today.  Also a lot saying that they don't care about Lattimore because they have a strong stable of backs, and more of the Mack attitude issues.

It certainly doesn't guarantee anything, but is encouraging to hear that those fans aren't quite as confident as before.

:wareagle:

I really hope we finish with defensive tackles. We have alot of holes to fill in the middle of the D line.  I think we have enough talented recievers already committed.

I trust our coaches first and foremost. It is just my opinion, but we are stacked at WR. I don't want him, because I am afraid it would push one we have "committed" away(Reed maybe). I would much rather see us get more D help, instead of using a scholarship on him. Just my opinion.

I just always think that perception is very important.  If we have room, I have no doubt that we should try to recruit this kid very hard.  I believe with his talent that hopefully a coaching staff like ours could erase attitude issues and be able to get the most out of him.

P.S.  I live in Columbia, and the tune of the Gamecock faithful has changed a great deal from Monday until today.  There were a lot of callers giving the "we don't care about stars" song and dance routine today.  Also a lot saying that they don't care about Lattimore because they have a strong stable of backs, and more of the Mack attitude issues.

It certainly doesn't guarantee anything, but is encouraging to hear that those fans aren't quite as confident as before.

I have to admit that the Mack rumors certainly concern me a bit. The stories seem to all be remarkably similar for there not to be a grain of truth. I feel certain our coaches won't put up with slacking but I would hate for us to have stolen another Leon Hart from SC.

I have to admit that the Mack rumors certainly concern me a bit. The stories seem to all be remarkably similar for there not to be a grain of truth. I feel certain our coaches won't put up with slacking but I would hate for us to have stolen another Leon Hart from SC.

Yeah I certainly can remember some bad memories from Leon Hart's time at AU.  Gamecock fans yesterday were boasting about getting the Lindsey twins from the Mobile area when we had gotten Hart.  I didn't respond, but I'd like to take a look at the record of the schools during the time those players were enrolled at both schools.

And attitude issues are terrible, so I hope these are just exaggerations with Mack.  I find it interesting that he was one of the best linemen in the history of the state according to their fans while he was committed, but is suddenly a huge concern after he decommits.  So like everything in the recruiting world, I'm trying to take it all with a grain of salt.

The USCe fans sound a lot like bammers. The "our coaches didn't want him anyways" spin, is my favorite spin of all.

we have 5 schollys free so it could be lemonier jones whittaker latt and ambles

We have two more including Mack. We have 5 more we can "sign" but only 2 more scholarships if theoretically everyone were to qualify. Like someone else said earlier, I see us ending at 31 or 32 since everyone is expected to qualify. Howard may very well go elsewhere if we land Lattimore so 30 or 31. 30 would be the key number if theoretically everyone qualifies. No one would need to gray shirt. We certainly need Whitaker and Jones though.

Actually, Richardson is not expected to qualify.

He has work to do to get caught up. I wouldn't go as far as to say we're "not" expecting him to. You are right in that it could be up in the air, but I think he and the coaches are definitely expecting him to put the hammer down, get to work, and be cleared.

I have never met CGC, but he appears to be a man of great integrity. Becouse of this I trust that

he will bring young men to Auburn that he feels we can all be proud to call family. I am also not sure

how wise it is to comment on who "we" do or do not want. I really feel AU will fare better if we welcome

and support whom ever our outstanding staff recieves commitments from

From Jason Caldwell on ITAT:

"I hope everyone learns from the Mack situation....

if you look at South Carolina's boards they are now ripping Mack, saying he didn't have an offer, he's overweight, has a bad attitude, etc. Not an ounce of that was mentioned prior to about 6 p.m. today however. I hope people look and learn how to respond when news doesn't go Auburn's way. Sometimes guys choose to go other places and they're still 17 and 18 years old when all is said and done. I always try to look at it as if the guy choosing was a family member. In the end he's got to go where he feels like is the best situation for him and sometimes that won't be Auburn, South Carolina, wherever. Thanks. I had to get that off my chest tonight after driving for five hours."

It was posted on the premium forum, but I don't think they'll mind if I post it here.

He has work to do to get caught up. I wouldn't go as far as to say we're "not" expecting him to. You are right in that it could be up in the air, but I think he and the coaches are definitely expecting him to put the hammer down, get to work, and be cleared.

I'm not so sure of that.  All indications and the buzz I'm hearing seem to suggest that's he not going to qualify.  That may have changed, but that's the buzz right now.

I'm not so sure of that.  All indications and the buzz I'm hearing seem to suggest that's he not going to qualify.  That may have changed, but that's the buzz right now.

If Richardson doesn't qualify it's o.k. We have to have three non-qualifiers anyways. We can only bring in 25 qualifiers on NSD anyways. Who will the other two be?

If Richardson doesn't qualify it's o.k. We have to have three non-qualifiers anyways. We can only bring in 25 qualifiers on NSD anyways. Who will the other two be?

^^^^^^^ plus grayshirting

It seems to me that if we do give Ambles a firm offer, it probably means the coaches are not expecting Richardson (or one of the other WR commits) to qualify. As far as the character issues, the Chiz has shown that he is not afraid to boot guys who have issues (see Adams, Harry or Henderson, Cam)

It seems to me that if we do give Ambles a firm offer, it probably means the coaches are not expecting Richardson (or one of the other WR commits) to qualify. As far as the character issues, the Chiz has shown that he is not afraid to boot guys who have issues (see Adams, Harry or Henderson, Cam)

Or we offer him b/c he's a stud.

OK..its been six hours since i started the Ambles thread and dadgummit i need confirmation,commitment percentages,inside info,come on mods i`m not a patient man...don`t force me to withhold my membership dues! :banghead:

Or we offer him b/c he's a stud.

^^THIS^^

Archived