Official Ambles Thread

AU66

If you want my honest opinion, I think he visits and I think he signs with Auburn, especially now that we are no longer a player for Mike Thornton (which opens up a scholly). He wants to come to AU, and now AU seems to be interested in him with the news that Trooper Taylor visited Ambles' HS. Should be fun down the stretch.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have a 100 post topic already devoted to Markieth Ambles. It's a few topics down the page

Take it easy Jonesy, that was their 1st post.

Welcome ttts!!!  A couple of helpful hints are to use the unread posts link at the top of the page to view all topics posted since your last visit.  Also, if you are interested in a topic or have a question use the Search field in the upper right.  You may get your answer or you may find your topic already being discussed in another thread.  

Again, welcome to AE.  Prepare to be addicted.  WDE!!!!

Take it easy? I'm helping the guy out and I was right, he didn't see it.  :P Posts like yours cause confusion and get people like me who mean no harm in trouble  :laugh: YOU take it easy  :tease:

FWIW.  We have never had a Markeith that worked out.

I think "the Lizard" Cooper was a Markeith, if I'm not mistaken.  Around the Terry Bowden era

:-\

I would take him,there is room and he is a great player.If he is a head case,the staff will figure it out before they offer him,so if they offer Im confident the kid can keep it together. :wareagle:

I think him being around some veteran players and Trooper on him the young man will mature and become productive. However, adding him will definitely load up the WR position and we may see change of committments, change of position, or CGM is gonna design a play for a 8 wr set...lol....Cool

So let me get this strait.  We have eight pages of posts and the only actual information to be sifted from them is that he will probably visit sometime near the end of the month, and we may or may not have offered him.  Jeeze, I haven't seen so much hysteria over a little speculation since Cam Newton.  Am I about to be sucked into another two weeks of beeing glued to my computer, hanging on every rumor about some super star recruit, that until a few days ago I knew nothing about, that are staff just up-and-decided they wanted? Because, to be frank, I don't know if I can do it again.  I think I might just need to sleep until  signing day lest my heart give out sometime between now and then.

I'm very sorry my friends, it's been a long day.  Can someone sum up these 8 pages for me as of now?  I remember the reports that Amble had contacted Auburn, then postponed his visit but was interested in an Auburn offer.  Where are we with him now?

thanks and war eagle!

So let me get this strait.  We have eight pages of posts and the only actual information to be sifted from them is that he will probably visit sometime near the end of the month, and we may or may not have offered him.  Jeeze, I haven't seen so much hysteria over a little speculation since Cam Newton.  Am I about to be sucked into another two weeks of beeing glued to my computer, hanging on every rumor about some super star recruit, that until a few days ago I knew nothing about, that are staff just up-and-decided they wanted? Because, to be frank, I don't know if I can do it again.  I think I might just need to sleep until  signing day lest my heart give out sometime between now and then.

I think that's called hibernation in the wild....

I'm very sorry my friends, it's been a long day.  Can someone sum up these 8 pages for me as of now?  I remember the reports that Amble had contacted Auburn, then postponed his visit but was interested in an Auburn offer.  Where are we with him now?

thanks and war eagle!

Sure. No problem.

Auburn wants to place him at UNA under Terry Bowden for a year and see if he "bahaves". If he does... Trooper wants to then take him to Tennessee when he leaves our team next year to return to the "Motherland".

Sure. No problem.

Auburn wants to place him at UNA under Terry Bowden for a year and see if he "bahaves". If he does... Trooper wants to then take him to Tennessee when he leaves our team next year to return to the "Motherland".

Well thank goodness, that's kinda what I was expecting.  Noone can "snatch a knot" in a kid and get them on the straight and narrow better then ole Terry.

So from that I spose the other report of Ambles rooming at UNA with Raven Grey and Aubrey Phillips is a done deal as well.

thanks for the update, and word to your mama!

war eagle.

(honestly, thanks. now I don't have to go through 8 pages of moosh...)

Sure. No problem.

Well thank goodness, that's kinda what I was expecting.  Noone can "snatch a knot" in a kid and get them on the straight and narrow better then ole Terry.

So from that I spose the other report of Ambles rooming at UNA with Raven Grey and Aubrey Phillips is a done deal as well.

thanks for the update, and word to your mama!

war eagle.

(honestly, thanks. now I don't have to go through 8 pages of moosh...)

Sure. Word to your mama too.

Actually, Richardson is not expected to qualify.

He has work to do to get caught up. I wouldn't go as far as to say we're "not" expecting him to. You are right in that it could be up in the air, but I think he and the coaches are definitely expecting him to put the hammer down, get to work, and be cleared.

I'm not so sure of that.  All indications and the buzz I'm hearing seem to suggest that's he not going to qualify.  That may have changed, but that's the buzz right now.

If Richardson doesn't qualify it's o.k. We have to have three non-qualifiers anyways. We can only bring in 25 qualifiers on NSD anyways. Who will the other two be?

We actually have to be down to 25 in August, not NSD. So we will have about 6 months to work the numbers out.  :wedance:

You wont have to wait 2 weeks. I heard he will commit to Auburn by Friday...I know this does not mean much since I am not ST or a mod so TIFWIW.

The B&*# recruiting guy of JOX said yesterday that Saban was "just trying" to get him on campus. He said nothing of the fact that Ambles wants to come to Auburn. It says a lot for Au's staff that he's a fall back option for them and UA is having a hard time getting him on campus.

Saban was apparently at his home with an assistant coach the other day.  We just need to get the kid on campus if we want him.  He wont affect Reed or Goodwin...he is a different type of receiver.  Kitchens may play defense anyway, as a safety or outside linebacker.

Bama is the team in need of a strong receiver opposite Julio.  Keenan Allen looks to be a great talent but he will play defense, so I see why Saban is pushing hard for Ambles.

Saban was apparently at his home with an assistant coach the other day.  We just need to get the kid on campus if we want him.  He wont affect Reed or Goodwin...he is a different type of receiver.  Kitchens may play defense anyway, as a safety or outside linebacker.

Bama is the team in need of a strong receiver opposite Julio.  Keenan Allen looks to be a great talent but he will play defense, so I see why Saban is pushing hard for Ambles.

According to EVERYONE including Mods on BOL, (stole an acct password) they say Saban has told Allen he will play WR

According to EVERYONE including Mods on BOL, (stole an acct password) they say Saban has told Allen he will play WR

That's bizzare.  But, I can't imagine anyone in Bammer's class playing immediately this year.  They have too much depth.  That's quite possibly the funniest thing I hear in a recruit who considers Bammer vs. AU. 

Something along the lines of:

"I want to play immediately..."

which turns into...

"I'll be given an opportunity (on another wise FULL ROSTER/DEPTH CHART)"

It's just funny how many recruits seem to switch their tune so quickly. :laugh:

Are we recruiting Ambles or what :dunno:

i think so sine trooper visited him. id love to see him on the plains! i think he is a hybrid like Julio and A.J. Greene. i think he could be a BIG add to our O. i think he is the DeAngelo Benton of this year.

Jury is still out on Benton.  You may see a rotation of Adams, Zachary, Blake, Reed and Goodwin before the year is over.  Trooper has already shown that practice intensity will determine who plays.

Archived