BOSTON RED SOX THREAD!!

Guest Autiger88

Its not just the orange birds, its the people of Baltimore. Some of my family has family that lives there (don't claim them as my family). Anyways after meeting them and going there, I just have absolutely no love for the place nor the locals there. The only person I've ever liked there and that's Duff from "Ace of Cakes". This was all back in the day when all anyone was talking about was Cal Jr chasing the record. I always thought he was over-rated because of that. Just everything about Baltimore and the Orioles really urked me at the time and so I began my hatred with them. And ever since it has stuck with me and there hasn't been a reason for me to LIKE them so why not just continue to hate them in the meantime?

Anyways snowman, Fred made me fall in love with Bassetts. Have wanted 1 ever since and have not had the opportunity to own 1 yet for different reasons. Parents bought the dog my brother wanted. Then apartment wouldn't allow dogs. Now married and the wife already has her 2 dogs and we travel for a living so we can't really train a puppy right now. Nothing has worked out for me and getting a Bassett.

Wow. Feel like I've just been rambling.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

88, snowman did mention earier in the Yankers thread that he didn't feel he would have much company in a Tigers thread, so he would just drop in on other threads when they played them. No difference in Golf staying on ours ALL THE TIME! I agree with the snowman about him being lonely out there in Detroit. He's cool though. But let's sweep this series and stay hottt going at NY next week.

That hurt my feelings J.  :'(

Yeah, I've always had dogs but never owned a Bassett either. I've heard they are higher energy than they look. Anyway, looks like Buchholz vs. Scherzer tonight. Probably not good for the Tigers as Scherzer has been shaky at best.

Guest Autiger88

Its not just the orange birds, its the people of Baltimore. Some of my family has family that lives there (don't claim them as my family). Anyways after meeting them and going there, I just have absolutely no love for the place nor the locals there. The only person I've ever liked there and that's Duff from "Ace of Cakes". This was all back in the day when all anyone was talking about was Cal Jr chasing the record. I always thought he was over-rated because of that. Just everything about Baltimore and the Orioles really urked me at the time and so I began my hatred with them. And ever since it has stuck with me and there hasn't been a reason for me to LIKE them so why not just continue to hate them in the meantime?

Anyways snowman, Fred made me fall in love with Bassetts. Have wanted 1 ever since and have not had the opportunity to own 1 yet for different reasons. Parents bought the dog my brother wanted. Then apartment wouldn't allow dogs. Now married and the wife already has her 2 dogs and we travel for a living so we can't really train a puppy right now. Nothing has worked out for me and getting a Bassett.

Wow. Feel like I've just been rambling.

J my question is why hate them don't they already have enough on there plate as it is? In other words they suck :laugh:

Every team in Baltimore Sucks look the only thing good to come out of that city was the Colts and they left it so that should tell you something. ;D Yes Red Sox won tonight lets keep it up guys!!!!! :happydance:

Boston is my 2nd favorite team behind the braves. This game vs the stanks is the first one ive gotten to see since opening day though. How have they been doing?

Guest Autiger88

Red Sox lose!!  Papelbon blows first save of the year.  That sux!!!

Yep I had to turn it off after that it pissed me off I swear this season is really sucking right now and to top it off The stupid Yanks have a winning streak going against us right now I freaking hate the Yanks :banghead:

I had to turn it off myself. But that was after 5-0 in the 1st. Having to get up at 2:30 am this week. It just wasn't even worth it. Maybe we can finish this series a little better.

8 and 2/3 innings without giving up a hit tonight. "Dice-K" has been on fire the past couple times on the mound. My boss is a huge Phillies phan so winning this series is almost as sweet as one vs the Yanks or Orange Birds.

Guest Autiger88

8 and 2/3 innings without giving up a hit tonight. "Dice-K" has been on fire the past couple times on the mound. My boss is a huge Phillies phan so winning this series is almost as sweet as one vs the Yanks or Orange Birds.

Yes it was nice winning that series we have won the last 5 out of 6 maybe this a sign of life and we will start winning more then losing and save the season we will find out this week weather or not we can compete cause we play the rays :dunno: it is 6-1 Red Sox top of the 9th against the Rays :happydance: Ok while writing this the inning ended and it is now the Bottom of the 9th last chance for Rays C'mon Red Sox lets win this one.

The pitching and hitting are finally catching up.  The defense is improving.  We are getting Cameron back soon to go along with Ellbury.  (Having 2/3rds of the outfield gone would hurt any team.)  I see the Red Sox climbing right back into it.  They played really good against the Phillies, and looked really good against TB tonight.

I look forward to a most enjoyable summer for my beloved Sox.

:thumbsup:

Guest Autiger88

The pitching and hitting are finally catching up.  The defense is improving.  We are getting Cameron back soon to go along with Ellbury.  (Having 2/3rds of the outfield gone would hurt any team.)  I see the Red Sox climbing right back into it.   They played really good against the Phillies, and looked really good against TB tonight.

I look forward to a most enjoyable summer for my beloved Sox.

:thumbsup:

I agree but you also gotta admit we weren't doing to good when they were healthy but I hope we can turn it all the way around a play like I know we can we have the talent to win it all this year. :thumbsup:

Guest Autiger88

Oh Yes !!!!!!!!! we won 3 straight against the rays winning tonight 11-3 :happydance: How you like them Apples Rays Fans  ;D

I'm gonna be down in Tampa next week while they are playing the White Sox. Too bad it couldn't have been this week. Definitely would've been better than the game I went to today.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes! Thank goodness. My boss is a HUGE phillies fan. Is that 5/6 or 4/6 vs them this year? I know we won the 1st series but I'm thinking we swept them. Am I right?

Guest Autiger88

Yep we have won 5/6 against them now we need to focus on beating them Yanks and Rays which I think we will !!

I am predicting we make it to the World Series this year I know we need to get some people back but once we do I think we pull it together and make it cause out hitting is finally coming around and so is the pitching. :hellyeah:

I believe the World Series is a serious possibility. We actually win many of the games we NEED to win. We just keep losing the ones we shouldn't. I think it'll come down to us and the peter yankers in the ALCS yet again. I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to see a series vs the Braves. I would go to at least 1 game. It will be hard pulling for the Sox in Atl but I got to.

Archived