Quarterback Stats:

Neil Caudle: 17-of-21, 199 yards, 1 TD

Cam Newton: 3-of-8, 82 yards, 0 TD

Barrett Trotter: 7-of-9, 154 yards, 2 TD

Clint Moseley: 10-of-12, 55 yards, 0 TD

Quindarius Carr: 4 catches, 152 yards, 1 TD

Thats all i could get right now.

http://auburntigers.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/2009-2010/aday10.html

scroll down and everything about the game is there.....  WDE!!

Interesting to see how unbalanced the QB's were.  

21-8-9-12

Newton got the least passing plays.  Clint got more than both Newton and Trotter.

37 for 50? Ouch

yea ouch on defense, but we were playing base defense so you cannot take

too much from this

Sorry, I meant rushing yards. That's atrocious. If the defense is still struggling to tackle, why did the offense only get 50 rush yards  :dunno:

21-8-9-12

Newton got the least passing plays.  Clint got more than both Newton and Trotter.

I wouldn't read too much into any of that. Moseley got all of his passes during the second half (Newton didn't even take a snap in the second half). Plus, if I'm not mistaken, I heard the announcers say something about how Moseley wasn't in the running anymore. Which was how it looked to me with not getting any snaps in that first half.

The thing about the QB race is should they let Caudle start? He's a senior and yeah he has payed his dues but hasn't he had opportunity after opportunity to win the position and couldn't do it? I enjoyed him during the game but I also thought that Trotter played better than Caudle and Trotter is younger which is also an advantage.

That's just one person's opinion, though. :P

21-8-9-12

I wouldn't read too much into any of that. Moseley got all of his passes during the second half (Newton didn't even take a snap in the second half). Plus, if I'm not mistaken, I heard the announcers say something about how Moseley wasn't in the running anymore. Which was how it looked to me with not getting any snaps in that first half.

The thing about the QB race is should they let Caudle start? He's a senior and yeah he has payed his dues but hasn't he had opportunity after opportunity to win the position and couldn't do it? I enjoyed him during the game but I also thought that Trotter played better than Caudle and Trotter is younger which is also an advantage.

Yea, I agree.  I stated my opinion about this in another thread.  Basically, I think today was a battle for the #2 spot between Caudle and Trotter.

21-8-9-12

Yea, I agree.  I stated my opinion about this in another thread.  Basically, I think today was a battle for the #2 spot between Caudle and Trotter.

I would certainly say that Trotter won that battle then.

37 for 50? Ouch

yea ouch on defense, but we were playing base defense so you cannot take

too much from this

Sorry, I meant rushing yards. That's atrocious. If the defense is still struggling to tackle, why did the offense only get 50 rush yards  :dunno:

I think that particular statistic might be off a little, but that being said, the D-Line was  not bad today considering they were going up against a better offensive line than they will face in 11 of 12 games. Secondary tackling was less than desirable as was perimeter tackling by the linebackers.

This day was not bad news for the defense, the offense is that good.

IMO as there are no QB sacks today Barret trotter and Neil Caudle got upper hand but if Sacks are allowed i don't think they can do as well as Newton!!!!!.....it is tough to put him down than just touching his shoulder count it like a sack........

WDE

21-8-9-12

I agree. Thinking maybe this was a plan of the coaches. Everything we have heard about Cam at practice has been great. Maybe they didn't want to show much of him, but had to see which of the others would make a clear cut #2. Could be way off with this, but it could make sense

37 for 50? Ouch

Yeah, that's not even two yards per rush.........not good! :o

37 for 50? Ouch

That means defense did good job against rushing......WDE

37 for 50? Ouch

but thats also with Fannin not getting as many carries or featured as the #1 back as he would in a game. I believe once Fannin is featured as the #1 and gets nearly all the carries then that number will significantly improved. Early in the game *1st drive* Fannin looked great carrying the ball. He's a physical back.

I really wouldn't worry about the rushing yards... I think they were more or less looking for the #2 QB...  50 passes? in a game that the 2nd half clock continued without stopping? Running game will be fine...I wouldn't worry about it..

:wareagle:

IMO this game was more to decide #2 and #3.  I think the coaches already know Newton is going to be the guy and they want to see who will back him up.  Don't worry and try and pick an argument out of this because it is just my opinion and it doesn't really matter.

IMO this game was more to decide #2 and #3.  I think the coaches already know Newton is going to be the guy and they want to see who will back him up.  Don't worry and try and pick an argument out of this because it is just my opinion and it doesn't really matter.

No I agree with you... we have a million years until two-a-days... this spring practice doesnt mean a whole lot. It just keeps the kids in shape and lets them shake off some off-season rust.

When the freshman arrive in the fall... the competition will start again.

Anybody else find it strange that the rushing stats were 37 carries for 50 yds and the QBs combined for 37 completions in 50 attempts??

No I agree with you... we have a million years until two-a-days... this spring practice doesnt mean a whole lot. It just keeps the kids in shape and lets them shake off some off-season rust.

When the freshman arrive in the fall... the competition will start again.

-/*659

I agree the spring game gives us a little taste of football, we really dont want the defense knocking someones head **/off. I thought all in all things looked good. Caudle showed a little speed. Fannin is huge and will carry the load, he has cannons for arms. I think we will surprise alot of doubters this season.

Archived