WELCOME TRE MASON!

Chadf93

My brother is actually friends with him, and used to play basketball with him in middle school..his dad is a rapper and formerly part of De La Soul, Kids a pretty good running back and a freakish athlete. He seemed to be a great kid, and plays basketball at Park Vista as well, so the last time I saw him was about 1 1/2 ago, but he looked pretty good as in size and weight, probably more of a speed running back.

Dude!!! Vincent Mason aka "Plug Three" is his dad????? Get the @#$%# outta here!! Oh man he just became my #2 most wanted RB in this class! 

You got it! DJ Maseo himself is Tre's dad! Check out this article on them HERE!  :cool:

tremason1_441810a.jpg

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My brother is actually friends with him, and used to play basketball with him in middle school..his dad is a rapper and formerly part of De La Soul, Kids a pretty good running back and a freakish athlete. He seemed to be a great kid, and plays basketball at Park Vista as well, so the last time I saw him was about 1 1/2 ago, but he looked pretty good as in size and weight, probably more of a speed running back.

Dude!!! Vincent Mason aka "Plug Three" is his dad????? Get the @#$%# outta here!! Oh man he just became my #2 most wanted RB in this class! 

You got it! DJ Maseo himself is Tre's dad! Check out this article on them HERE!  :cool:

tremason1_441810a.jpg

Would somebody please translate this into English for Weegs and me.  I mean, is his Dad better than Barry Manilow?

is blakley better than this guy?

Yes. Blakely, IMO, is the top back in Florida, or tied with Bellamy

Again, IMO, but I think Blakeley is the best back in this class, along with the two kids in Texas!! 

tremason1_441810a.jpg

Would somebody please translate this into English for Weegs and me.  I mean, is his Dad better than Barry Manilow?

DJ thanks for that article!!! Wow I had no clue that De La Soul was still making music!

Pops wasnt Barry Manilow the one they called Ol Blue Eyes? ;)

Guys, this thread started out about a new name in our RB recruiting class, and went to some conversation that this old man can't understand.  Apparently, Tre's father is a member of a band; that's all this old brain can comprehend.  Now, I want to let you know that I want to understand all this, but please do it so I can comprehend!!  BTW, one of my sons and his best friend were just recently touring Europe with Paramore: is that good??

Guys, this thread started out about a new name in our RB recruiting class, and went to some conversation that this old man can't understand.  Apparently, Tre's father is a member of a band; that's all this old brain can comprehend.  Now, I want to let you know that I want to understand all this, but please do it so I can comprehend!!  BTW, one of my sons and his best friend were just recently touring Europe with Paramore: is that good??

yeah, pops, pretty good.

BTW, one of my sons and his best friend were just recently touring Europe with Paramore: is that good??

The girl is talented and cute. So yeah it's good. She was signed to a label at the age of 14. Kind of Kiffenish. LOL.

My son had never toured Europe, .But he is a BIG Auburn fan. (hates bammer. ;D)

Sorry guys, I've been REALLY busy, so I didn't get a chance to finish this. But I'm posting it anyway, and I'll try to finish it later.

Tre Mason  Boynton Beach, Florida (Park Vista High School)

recruit_mason_200.jpg  mason.jpg

Ht: 5-foot-10

Wt: 177 lbs

40: 4.38

Vert: 42"

2009: Carried 165 times for 1,460 yards (8.8 average) and 24 touchdowns. Third Team Class 6A All-State selection. Palm Beach Large School  area Offensive Player of the Year. First Team All-Palm Beach County by Sun-Sentinel.

2008: Rushed for 1,545 yards and 20 touchdowns. All Palm Beach Large School Second Team, FSWA 6A All-State Honorable Mention

RIVALS rating: #20 RB; #42 in FL

SCOUT 3*; #30 RB

ESPN rating: 3* with a grade of 77; #65 RB

(click on site name to link to profile)

HIGHLIGHT #1

HIGHLIGHT #3

NOTES:

Tre Mason has been described as “the BEST RB in Florida that you haven’t heard of yet”! But that description won’t fit him for long. The speedy back missed try-outs and couldn’t play football his freshman season. So it wasn’t until his sophomore year at Park Vista HS that he BURST onto the scene, as he rushed for over 1500 yards and 20 TD’s! He followed that up last year with another near-1500 yard season to go with 24 TD’s! This caught the attention of big-time college programs, such as Mason’s childhood favorites, Miami and Florida, along with MANY others! Ole Miss was the first SEC school to offer Mason, and he loved the idea of playing in the SEC! Auburn offered this past week, after the coaches saw an opportunity for Mason to fit in nicely in AU’s offense. Coach Curtis Luper contacted Mason and informed him of the news, and Auburn immediately became one of Mason’s favorites. He says now that he plans to visit Auburn sometime in the near future (possibly after his high school season ends).

Sounds like this kid would fit great into Gus' O. I hope we didn't get in on him to late in the game.

Nope! That's what is PERFECT about the situation with Mason... he hasn't really taken his recruitment very seriously so far, and he doesn't have a REAL "favorite" yet! So we can make a REAL move quickly with him!

DJ,

Considering we just offered, it looks like he got high on us very fast, according to Rivals. He's also high on Ole Miss, Penn St, Tex. A&M, and WVU.

You think these will prob. be his 5 visits?

We need another RB at Auburn named Tre.  This one looks faster than the other one we had a few years ago.  I can picture him going wild on Alabama like the other Tre did in 2002.

dang so exactly how far down our list is Ameer Abdullah?

probably a good ways down. Blakely is ours to lose. Buck probably comes to Auburn IF hart picks bama tonight. Then there is a group with Cole, Mason, and Abdullah.

• 2 weeks later...

(Per ESPN.com)

As three-star RB Tre Mason (Lake Worth, Fla./Park Vista) inches closer to his third consecutive 1,000-yard season he has several new suitors coming after him.

"I was offered by Auburn a few weeks back," Mason said. "I'm trying to learn more about the program now, but I'm very interested."

He would like to make a decision after the season, but wants to see each school first.

Tre Mason has updated his list of "favorites", and they are in no particular order...

AUBURN, Penn St., West Virginia, Ole Miss, and Texas A&M

Just about as random of a list as you could imagine! He gave his reasons as to WHY he likes each school, and he said...

...of PSU: They have told him that they usually recruit "bigger RB's", but they want him to be their "speed back".

...of OM: Recruiting Coordinator/ Cornerbacks Coach Chris Vaughn is recruiting Mason, and Mason calls him "possibly the coolest coach I've ever met." Mason says that OM is short at RB, and he likes the fac that they are playing a freshman a lot this year.

...of TAM: Mason says he likes the fact that they play a versatile offense with 50/50 run and pass.

... WVU: They are the team Mason's followed closest for the longest. They've done a good job in recruiting him as "the next Noel Devine". He also has a good relationship with WVU QB, Geno Smith.

...of AU: (Per Rivals.com)

"They are Running Back U. They produce great running backs almost every year, guys like Ronnie Brown. They have one of the best offenses in that nation so that is definitely attractive to me and pulling me towards them. I am taking them very, very seriously. Right now I am talking to Coach (Curtis) Luper from Auburn, he is just telling me great things about their program and what I can do."

Mason says that Michigan would be the only other school that he could possibly be interested in, but they have yet to offer him. He has a good relationship with UM QB, Denard Robinson, who Mason used to run track with in HS, and UM RB, Vincent Smith, who is from the same county as Mason.

From reading all of this, I think it is pretty clear which school has made the BIGGEST impression on Mason! Add to that fact that AU has only started recruiting Mason in the past month or so, and I'd say that there is a VERY good chance that, if we get him to visit and give him a SOLID offer (which he probably already has), then he would take it! BTW, Mason claims to have a 830 on his SAT and will be a full qualifier.

:we:

Archived