Rodney Coe

RunInRed

Rodney Coe, who recently visited AU during Big Cat Weekend, has named AU among his top leaders...

Rodney Coe Update

by JUSTIN HOPKINS on JUNE 5, 2010

Call him big. Call him strong. Just don’t call him slow.

Jumbo athlete Rodney Coe is a monster athlete looking to take his game on the offensive side of the ball in college. At 6′2″ 245 pounds he is a load to handle when he builds up a head of steam. The star player has well over 30 offers from all over the country and just finished up his second major road trip. He’s been active this spring taking some visits and has actually gotten to a point where he has narrowed his selections some.

“Everything’s good now, I’m going to lay low for a while now. I just got back from visiting Auburn, Alabama, and Arkansas. Alabama was a nice visit. The facilities were nice, but hardly any coaches were there except for the running back coach. He was really great and he’s from the St. Louis area originally so there was that connection. But I was disappointed that no one else was around. I enjoyed Auburn a lot. The coaches were all there for “Big Cat” weekend. I had a great chance to talk with the players and coaches there. I enjoyed that visit a lot. Arkansas I like them. There is a good chance for me to play running back there early. The coaches and people were real cool. My uncle went there which is just another reason I like them.”

Three schools for sure I know will be there are Auburn, Arkansas, and Iowa. Those three schools are my top 3, I may add some more to make it a top 5 or 7, I’m not sure. But I do know that I like each of these three schools and have a high interest. I’m at the point where I’m narrowing it down. I don’t have a plan for my commitment. I will likely take those three visits and maybe those will be the only three. I could potentially commit on my first or second visit even, I just don’t know. Right now with those visits I’m going to spend some time looking it all over.”

Read more...

RODNEYCOE6_9150.JPG

Rodney Coe, ATH (RB)

Edwardsville, IL

6'3 / 230 / 4.54

Offers (30+): Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kansas State, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oregon, Syracuse, Tennessee, USC and Wisconsin, among others.

Rankings:

Rivals:, 4-Star, Rivals250 prospect (No. 162),

Scout: 5-Star, No. 7 RB

Highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOTMc92OX7A

No. 21 in film

Impressive. Nice to see our coaches not confined to areas and are reaching all over the country to grab the best players they can find. This guy is huge for a RB.

He looks like a cockroach barelling through a bunch of fleas.

Nice. Good speed & range but he looks better at RB than LB. He plays in a wildcat offense and his HS team is the Tigers. Hope we can land him. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Dude is a beast. Looked like a grown man playing out there with a bunch of freshmen.

The amazing thing is that he hasn't played his senior senior -- those tapes are from his junior season. :o

Archived