were in lots of trouble

AuburnBasketball

If Mr. Komara is indeed in it ONLY to help young men with their futures in basketball then I admire him. 

I do not want to get into it on this public forum but I will say this.  He's most definitely not in it only to help young men with their futures.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Mr. Komara is indeed in it ONLY to help young men with their futures in basketball then I admire him. 

I do not want to get into it on this public forum but I will say this.  He's most definitely not in it only to help young men with their futures.

And that can be said for more than a few AAU coaches. Just saying.

Oh, no doubt.  AAU (as a whole) and it's connection to college basketball is about as dirty as it gets.

Oh, no doubt.  AAU (as a whole) and it's connection to college basketball is about as dirty as it gets.

Exactly and that is why I said 'if'.  The NCAA has got to get a handle on that.  It is and has been out of control for a long time.   

What it sounds like to me is that the compliance office is having a pissing contest with the A.D.s office and are basically saying they don't want a successful basketball program. In all honesty this whole situation is just bad and the fact that auburn basketball hit an all time low with Lebo in charge just makes it that much worse. I went to alot of basketball games in the past couple of years hoping to see what it once was in the cliff era, but Lebo ruined that. I hope whoever isn't allowing barbee to be as successful as he can and should be should be dismissed there are no excuses for what is going on. Honestly I love auburn university but this is getting out of hand do we really have to put alllllllllll that work into football that we can't have two successful programs I mean really if you want a layout for a school with successful basketball and football programs google Florida good night....

Oh and AUbasketball you sir are a great poster thanks for being on this website it's good to see people in support of the basketball program even though the university doesnt want to be...

What it sounds like to me is that the compliance office is having a pissing contest with the A.D.s office and are basically saying they don't want a successful basketball program. In all honesty this whole situation is just bad and the fact that auburn basketball hit an all time low with Lebo in charge just makes it that much worse. I went to alot of basketball games in the past couple of years hoping to see what it once was in the cliff era, but Lebo ruined that. I hope whoever isn't allowing barbee to be as successful as he can and should be should be dismissed there are no excuses for what is going on. Honestly I love auburn university but this is getting out of hand do we really have to put alllllllllll that work into football that we can't have two successful programs I mean really if you want a layout for a school with successful basketball and football programs google Florida good night....

The only information out on this subject is from a poster on another message board.  Although, there may SOME validity to it I think we should all relax and wait for something more substantial.  It makes absolutely no sense for someone to think that the administration at Auburn would not want a successful Basketball Program.  There is much more to this than something that preposterous.   Zerometh guys, zerometh!!!

I think it is all a lot of hot air.  Jacobs hired Barbee to resurrect the BB program and I believe he will.  All that speculation on the Rivals board is just rumor and innuendo. 

War Eagle Coach Barbee!

:wedance:

With that said, I find it hard to believe that as much as his name comes up in certain 'dirty' situations, not just with the Auburn Program, but with all programs there is some 'dirt' somewhere.  I don't think it is a bad idea to distance ourselves from him at this time even if it does cost us a recruit or two.     

what if it costs us our new coach........

With that said, I find it hard to believe that as much as his name comes up in certain 'dirty' situations, not just with the Auburn Program, but with all programs there is some 'dirt' somewhere.  I don't think it is a bad idea to distance ourselves from him at this time even if it does cost us a recruit or two.     

what if it costs us our new coach........

Looks like it has.

They just had Komara on Sports Talk Radio in Montgomery.  It doesn't sound good.  In fact it sounds worse than reported here and I'm an optimist.  No way you should be able to keep his kid from trying out for basketball simply because his dad is a "booster"  For instance Lee Ziemba's dad is an Auburn grad and he like me would be designated a booster.  Does that mean we can't recruit him because he wants his son to go to Auburn.?? 

Worse is it appears that Barbee may have been lied to since he was evidently told he could recruit Komara's players so long as he went through their high school coach and not Komara.  Now the compliance dept. has said no; anyone who ever played on an aau team "associated" with Komara is barred.  That's probably illegal but who is going to sue?

IMHO Barbee needs to meet with the University President and the compliance staff, Jacobs, etc. asap and resolve this.  We have had enough trouble with this program and losing a coach at this point would be an abject disaster.

WDE

And we should believe Komara?

If he is butt-hurt about Auburn, I can see him going to the media to try to hurt the program.  I will wait till this works itself out.  J-S says it's fixable, so I am optimistic it can be fixed.

I would hate to lose Barbee...He seems such a perfect fit to take us to the next level.

:wedance:

Can the Compliance Dept. fire a coach? If not, Barbee should recruit who he wants to recruit. Screw the Compliance Dept. If he isn't breaking NCAA rules what can they do to him? The Compliance people seem to be overstepping their bounds from what I have read and heard. Of course there are two sides to every story and the truth usually lies somewhere in between.

Until I hear Coach Barbee talk about this, I am not going to make any judgments either way. Maybe he could come forth and set the record straight and squash whatever rumors may or may not be out there. There is just too little facts to go on for the casual fan to base any opinion on. WDE.

Can the Compliance Dept. fire a coach? If not, Barbee should recruit who he wants to recruit. Screw the Compliance Dept. If he isn't breaking NCAA rules what can they do to him? The Compliance people seem to be overstepping their bounds from what I have read and heard. Of course there are two sides to every story and the truth usually lies somewhere in between.

The compliance Dept. may not be able to fire a coach but you sure don`t won`t to make them your enemies. They can be your best friend or your biggest enemy on campus. If a coach recruits who he wants regardless of the compliance dept; he can get him and the school in hot water real quick with the NCAA. Would be nice to know more of the story though for sure.

I agree, but if he isn't breaking any rules or doing anything wrong, I don't understand why he can't recruit anybody he wants to recruit. I'm with you though, I wish I knew more of the story, there may be a totally different reason for this whole ordeal that we are not privy to.

I agree, but if he isn't breaking any rules or doing anything wrong, I don't understand why he can't recruit anybody he wants to recruit. I'm with you though, I wish I knew more of the story, there may be a totally different reason for this whole ordeal that we are not privy to.

Agree though not breaking any rules and recruiting players that may throw up a lot of red flags is something different. I do agree with your last statement that this isn`t the whole story probably. Lets just hope that this settles down soon.

Agree though not breaking any rules and recruiting players that may throw up a lot of red flags is something different. I do agree with your last statement that this sin`t the whole story probably. Lets just hope that this settles down soon.

Thats a good point. I hope this gets taken care of, I want to see some good Auburn Basketball this year. WDE.

Agree though not breaking any rules and recruiting players that may throw up a lot of red flags is something different. I do agree with your last statement that this sin`t the whole story probably. Lets just hope that this settles down soon.

Thats a good point. I hope this gets taken care of, I want to see some good Auburn Basketball this year. WDE.

For sure; we are long overdue.

quote from Lacey

I know (Mark and Anthony Komara), but the situation with them and Auburn won’t affect my decision. If I want to go to Auburn, if I think it’s the best fit for me, that’s where I will go."

I don't get what is so hard to understand about this. AU wants zero to do with Komara. AU told Barbee he could recruit Komara's players as long as he recruited them through their high school, but what was the first thing CTB did after the press conference? He heads to Huntsville and meets with Komara, and somewhere in the process says it's cool for the son to walk on at AU. How exactly is the compliance office supposed to react when the head coach basically just shot them the bird? Common sense says that if your boss tells you not to associate yourself and AU with someone and you do it anyway, and go as far as saying their kid can walk on, you are gonna piss a ton of people off.

Archived