So who do you think will do the best job covering AJ Greene?

au03cobrafan

IMO, Davis, but I suspect we'll see Thorpe over him more.  Greene is different from Julio in that UGA likes to throw deep to him more - especially over the middle.  Bynes is going to have to get good drops, we need pressure up front, and the safeties are going to have to be in position.  If we do those things, I don't think Greene will have a huge day regardless of who is covering him.

I think Chris Davis is doing a great job.  I know Coach Chizik likes him a lot!!!!  I like keeping up with Chris because he is from the Bham area and was not highly recruited......

We may see Ryan White as well, I hope T-Bell gets back out there too.

WDE

IMO, Davis, but I suspect we'll see Thorpe over him more.  Greene is different from Julio in that UGA likes to throw deep to him more - especially over the middle.  Bynes is going to have to get good drops, we need pressure up front, and the safeties are going to have to be in position.  If we do those things, I don't think Greene will have a huge day regardless of who is covering him.

I think if they throw to him over the middle the key will be to make sure he is hit and hit hard when the ball is thrown to him.  I also think we should cheat a LB deep which has helped us get an interception plus it may give our DL time to get to the QB if it makes the middle route go deeper before the ball is thrown.

I think all the DB's are about the same. I don't think we have anyone to match up against Greene 1 on 1. Hopefully we will get lots of pressure from our D line and also not have to go man against him too often. He is a challenge for any D, not just us. WDE.

I think Auburn will cover him with different guys.

Neiko will probably see him the most I would imagine... I think Bell has the best coverage skills, but he will be way undersized against Greene.

If Auburn can put pressure on Murray, which Im expecting them to do... it should help those guys out.

I think Auburn will cover him with different guys.

Neiko will probably see him the most I would imagine... I think Bell has the best coverage skills, but he will be way undersized against Greene.

If Auburn can put pressure on Murray, which Im expecting them to do... it should help those guys out.

I think this is what needs to happen. Limit his opportunities to hurt us.

Keep in mind,

If AJ Greene is producing a lot for Georgia, that could also mean that the rest of the Bulldogs are absent.

Murray got picked off a couple of times against Florida because he stared Greene down.

I believe Murray also threw a pick in the OT game against Fla.

Hes still young... we gotta get loud and get pressure on him.

That crowd noise could really rattle him.

Two of his picks were tipped balls.  Murray is going to be a very good qb.  He was inconsistent against UF.  Looked great at times, looked like a freshman at others.  Let's hope for plenty of the latter Saturday.

Two of his picks were tipped balls.  Murray is going to be a very good qb.  He was inconsistent against UF.  Looked great at times, looked like a freshman at others.  Let's hope for plenty of the latter Saturday.

The first pass attempt of the game was a pick by Jenkins. He just read him completely.

Yep.  Late throw.  I was thinking when I watched the replay of that game that if we can get our dbacks to cover closely enough, we might have a chance at a couple of INTs.  I also noticed in that game that Greene appears to be easily frustrated.  If we can keep him from catching balls for a quarter or so, he may lose interest.

Yep.  Late throw.  I was thinking when I watched the replay of that game that if we can get our dbacks to cover closely enough, we might have a chance at a couple of INTs.  I also noticed in that game that Greene appears to be easily frustrated.  If we can keep him from catching balls for a quarter or so, he may lose interest.

Exactly... he will start blaming the QB like any frustrated play would.

My key to the game is to take away the play action from UGA... they basically live and die by it.

If we have steady lead in the 3rd, they will have to go all shotgun... could help us tremendously with the crowd noise.

Archived