By my count that makes...

JsnAL8

...FOUR, count 'em, FOUR different stories as to how Cecil Newton solicited money form Moo State.

1. Kenny Rogers contacted John Bond directly on behalf of Cecil Newton.

2. Kenny Rogers contacted John Bond through 2 other people on behalf or Cecil Newton.

3. Cecil Newton talked by phone directly to an MSU recruiter.

4. Cecil Newton talked to two MSU coaches in person with Kenny Rogers present.

Which is it?

Doesn't matter if any one of them are true, we are screwed.

With all due respect, you're wrong.

If any of those can be proven, Cecil Newton is screwed and Cam will be suspended. Those accusations still don't directly connect Auburn.

If Cam is ineligible, then we'll have to forfeit but games but I don't think we'll be screwed.

If any of those can be proven, Cecil Newton is screwed and Cam will be suspended. Those accusations still don't directly connect Auburn.

If Cam is ineligible, then we'll have to forfeit but games but I don't think we'll be screwed.

Nope very untrue because Cam never took a dime from MSU so that means he is clean.  Sure you could talk about money but as long as no money is transferred to the player the player is clean because he ulimately did the right thing.  On the otherhand MSU is screwed because they offered the money  :thumbsup:

Nope very untrue because Cam never took a dime from MSU so that means he is clean.  Sure you could talk about money but as long as no money is transferred to the player the player is clean because he ulimately did the right thing.  On the otherhand MSU is screwed because they offered the money  :thumbsup:

I don't think that's accurate.  IF Cecil Newton solicited or accepted money from a representative of MSU (or whichever college), then Cam Newton is ineligible.  That's a big IF, though.

Don't anyone tell me I am wrong with what I said.  What I said is if any of the above scenario's are true, we are screwed.  Cam will declared inelligable and we lose the games he played in.

NCAA spokesperson Stacey Osburn told The Birmingham News by email that "the solicitation of cash or benefits by a prospective student-athlete or another individual on his or her behalf is not allowed under NCAA rules."

I guess it is all in what your perspective is, to me giving up an SEC an National Championship, is pretty much getting screwed.  maybe you were around in 57 when we won our last one, I wasn't, so I would like to win one.

...FOUR, count 'em, FOUR different stories as to how Cecil Newton solicited money form Moo State.

1. Kenny Rogers contacted John Bond directly on behalf of Cecil Newton.

2. Kenny Rogers contacted John Bond through 2 other people on behalf or Cecil Newton.

3. Cecil Newton talked by phone directly to an MSU recruiter.

4. Cecil Newton talked to two MSU coaches in person with Kenny Rogers present.

Which is it?

I'll go with "None of the above" for $500, Alex...

I guess it is all in what your perspective is, to me giving up an SEC an National Championship, is pretty much getting screwed.  maybe you were around in 57 when we won our last one, I wasn't, so I would like to win one.

#1 it's gotta be proven.

#2 I think we stand a chance even if he is suspended.

#3 if he is ruled ineligible, I'm more concerned with sanctions and the years following.

Fact is Cecil nor Cam accepted money and no one has any proof whatsoever they have done so nor will they...so your point is moot

Don't anyone tell me I am wrong with what I said.  What I said is if any of the above scenario's are true, we are screwed.  Cam will declared inelligable and we lose the games he played in.

NCAA spokesperson Stacey Osburn told The Birmingham News by email that "the solicitation of cash or benefits by a prospective student-athlete or another individual on his or her behalf is not allowed under NCAA rules."

Fact is Cecil nor Cam accepted money and no one has any proof whatsoever they have done so nor will they...so your point is moot.  I have little doubt that while Cam was at MSU he was probably cornered and offered money that he ultimately refused.  I can only imagine these high presure cheaters  use tactics like this.

The NCAA laywer on PF already stated that it is not a violation until you ask and "receive" the benefits.

Fact is Cecil nor Cam accepted money and no one has any proof whatsoever they have done so nor will they...so your point is moot

Fact is Cecil nor Cam accepted money and no one has any proof whatsoever they have done so nor will they...so your point is moot.  I have little doubt that while Cam was at MSU he was probably cornered and offered money that he ultimately refused.  I can only imagine these high presure cheaters  use tactics like this.

^^THIS^^

all this smoke is to cover MSU's ass and the fact they feel jilted and were scaired that he was gonna blow the whistle on them. hence all the smoke from MSU and all these booster

Archived