NCAA Rule 9-5

lionheartkc

I just found this...

During either half, coaches or substitutes shall not to participate in a fight, nor shall they participate in a fight in their team area.

PENALTY—15 yards from the succeeding spot, first down for Team B if the first down is not in conflict with other rules, and disqualification for the remainder of the game and for the next game.

Sounds to me like Georgia shouldn't have a team to play with next week...

Incidentally, the refs were right to eject Goggins and Blanc, by a strick reading of the rules.  Throwing a punch is instand ejection... HOWEVER, the rules also say that Georgia should have been flagged for piling on against Fairly and the guy who pushed Blanc shoudl have been flagged for a personal foul as well.  Oh... and 60 should have been ejected for stomping.

For those who live for links... http://www.scribd.com/doc/40772889/40531550-Ncaa-Football-Rules-2010

UGA was the ones playing dirty.  I agree, they shouldn't be able to field a team next week.  Those little wanna be punks cleared the damn bench, curb stomped Nick, and got a way with it.

UGA's offensive line chop blocked the entire night (well, afternoon/evening).

Goggans and Blanc should have been ejected, but look first at what caused that.  UGA's entire offensive line should have been ejected as well.

I get where you are coming from, but the rules don't consider piling on an ejectable offense, or chop blocks, but as I wrote above, clearing the bench is an ejectable offense for evey player and coach who was involved, and the disqualification is for the ENTIRE next game, not just the first half.

The SEC will review the tape.  Any player who left the sidelines will be suspended for the entire next game.  They may add some suspensions from the beginning of the fracas.

I get where you are coming from, but the rules don't consider piling on an ejectable offense, or chop blocks, but as I wrote above, clearing the bench is an ejectable offense for evey player and coach who was involved, and the disqualification is for the ENTIRE next game, not just the first half.

I am sure anything done to try to intentionally hurt some one would be suspendible. And piling on if it is obvious thats what was going on then they should be punished too.

I read through the NCAA rules also.  One thing that they say is when any player is disqualified, the film will be reviewed and that other disqualifications may be administered base upon these reviews.  Should be interesting to see how the SEC office will respond to the way these Georgia players acted.  There were definetely more than Goggans throwing a punch.

:we:

The SEC will review the tape.  Any player who left the sidelines will be suspended for the entire next game.  They may add some suspensions from the beginning of the fracas.

If their entire bench stormed the field, wouldn't that mean GA doesn't have team to play against Techy?

If their entire bench stormed the field, wouldn't that mean GA doesn't have team to play against Techy?

The guys who were already on the field, and not attacking Fairley, can still play... and the scout team :)

Archived